"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

I'm trying to work out my plan for the party. Assuming arriving at 6.

6:00-6:15 - walk to Fantasyland
6:15-6:30 - 7DMT (have FP)
6:40-7:25 - dinner Cosmic Ray's
7:30-7:50 - Space Mountain
7:50-8:00 - Walk to Liberty Square
8:00-8:30 - find spot in Liberty Square for first parade, wait
8:30-9:00 - Parade (gets to area around 8:40 and through by 9?)
9:00-9:30 - Open time
9:30-10:00 - get spot at plaza gardens for Fireworks
10:00-10:15 - fireworks
10:15 - go home

Some questions;
- 30 minutes about right for 'wait' for parade at Liberty Square?
- 30 minutes about right for 'wait' for fireworks at plaza gardens?
- Stuff I can do on the open time.. are these viable options; BTMR, Jungle Cruise, one of the Meet and Greets in Frontierland?
- was hoping to squeeze in the Tomorrowland Christmas stage show... is that viable and if so, where on the plan?

Thanks

Your mileage may vary but FWIW, we were at the party this past Sunday and walked up to the Plaza garden area about 2-3 minutes before the fireworks started. Got a great spot to sit and stretch out. I would have rather been 15-20 minutes early but we were running late. I was shocked good spots all around the hub were plentiful just minutes before. It seemed like a relatively crowded party to me, overall.

We did the party on Sunday Nov 27th. Our last party was back in 2004 so I don't have much to compare it to, but it sure seemed busy to me. Here is what we ended up doing with a couple comments. We did this mainly for doing rides as this was only only night at the Magic Kingdom.

Arrived at the entrance at 3:20pm and sixth person in line. They let people in starting at 3:45pm. By that time the line was at least 25 people deep.
FP+ Splash 3:30-4:30pm
FP+ Big Thunder 4:30-5:30pm
Haunted Mansion at 5:03pm- 20 min wait?
Pirates at 5:50pm 20 min wait?
FP+Jungle Cruise at 6:03
6:30 Frozen Castle Lighting
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's - We should not have wasted this time eating and it was very busy.
Buzz Lightyear at 7:33pm 10 min wait
Space Mountain at 7:50pm 7 min wait
Cookies at the Lunching Pad
7DMT at 8:25pm after a 20 min wait
Small World - no wait
Mickey's Philharmagic - no wait
Under the Sea - no wait
Cookies at Friar's Nook
Walked over to Holiday Wishes 5 min before the start and got a spot in front of the castle
Cookies at Sleepy Hollow
Shopped at the Christmas Shoppe and then found a spot for the parade in Liberty Square in front of the Horseshoe.
I didn't really like this spot. The lighting was bad and there was very little character interaction.
Straight to Peter Pan and rode after a 20 min wait
Walked up to watch the stage show at midnight. It was ok. We enjoyed seeing the characters.

Using the FP+ saved a ton of time, 7DMT was a pretty short line. I thought it would clear out faster than it did. No characters on this trip. The distribution of bands at the entrance was organized and things seemed roped off well, but we left pretty quickly.

We did the party on Sunday Nov 27th. Our last party was back in 2004 so I don't have much to compare it to, but it sure seemed busy to me. Here is what we ended up doing with a couple comments. We did this mainly for doing rides as this was only only night at the Magic Kingdom.

Arrived at the entrance at 3:20pm and sixth person in line. They let people in starting at 3:45pm. By that time the line was at least 25 people deep.
FP+ Splash 3:30-4:30pm
FP+ Big Thunder 4:30-5:30pm
Haunted Mansion at 5:03pm- 20 min wait?
Pirates at 5:50pm 20 min wait?
FP+Jungle Cruise at 6:03
6:30 Frozen Castle Lighting
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's - We should not have wasted this time eating and it was very busy.
Buzz Lightyear at 7:33pm 10 min wait
Space Mountain at 7:50pm 7 min wait
Cookies at the Lunching Pad
7DMT at 8:25pm after a 20 min wait
Small World - no wait
Mickey's Philharmagic - no wait
Under the Sea - no wait
Cookies at Friar's Nook
Walked over to Holiday Wishes 5 min before the start and got a spot in front of the castle
Cookies at Sleepy Hollow
Shopped at the Christmas Shoppe and then found a spot for the parade in Liberty Square in front of the Horseshoe.
I didn't really like this spot. The lighting was bad and there was very little character interaction.
Straight to Peter Pan and rode after a 20 min wait
Walked up to watch the stage show at midnight. It was ok. We enjoyed seeing the characters.

Using the FP+ saved a ton of time, 7DMT was a pretty short line. I thought it would clear out faster than it did. No characters on this trip. The distribution of bands at the entrance was organized and things seemed roped off well, but we left pretty quickly.
Wow...some of those wait times are VERY promising! What was with a hour for BTMRR with a fastpass??

I should have made that more clear. Those were our 1 hour windows. Using FP+ we walked right on or it was less than 5 min to board. Entering at 3:45pm we were at Splash by 3:58pm. We waited around a couple minutes for our BTMRR window and walk right on and were done by 4:40pm. Entered Haunted Mansion by 5:05pm

Has anyone gone pretty much to the party right after check in to their resort?

Thinking of adding another party and the day we get there is the best schedule wise. DS will probably be pretty tired but is the reason for the second party, he could watch the shows over and over. Would anyone not do this? TIA

We do this EVERY time (against a lot of advice!)
But we arrive at MCO before 9 am, I put our party outfits in our carry on, and since we rent a vehicle we are at Disney waaaay before noon. (including a stop for a case of water)
We have been lucky, we've never had a delay, and our room is pretty much ready by the time we arrive.
So after we change and just chill for a bit, we head to MK in order to be in line by 3:15-3:30.
We hang on til the bitter end... (lol).
We are all adults, so no worries about the kiddos, etc.
We plan a late day the next night, this year we are going to HS and are leaving immediately after F+.
But what works for me may not work for someone else!

Done it once. Won't do it again if I have the choice. I followed @ConnecticutNonna's arrival schedule except I was on DME so stress for the transfer to CR. Stayed at CR and could walk to the party. Still felt rushed.
A)Had to be up pre-dawn to get to the airport, so my body clock was off.
B)said issues and trying to eat a good meal just before 4pm caused food-related problems.
C)Despite multiple requests, my room was understandably not available til 1pm. Not terribly helpful for resting before eating and going to the party.

I was able to muscle through and didn't really feel the fatigue during the party, so that was worth it. I don't know if it would be worth paying for a second party if that was my opportunity to squeeze it in. Given the choice I'd arrive the night before and stay over in a cheap hotel to get a good night's sleep first. For a later arrival it might be ok if you don't need time at your resort or access to luggage.

ETA: I was solo. With kids this would never have worked. When we arrive on that early flight they can't make it past 4pm before they crash.

I should have made that more clear. Those were our 1 hour windows. Using FP+ we walked right on or it was less than 5 min to board. Entering at 3:45pm we were at Splash by 3:58pm. We waited around a couple minutes for our BTMRR window and walk right on and were done by 4:40pm. Entered Haunted Mansion by 5:05pm
MUCH better! Thanks for the clarification.

We were at party this evening. We had a lot of fun and did the desert party as well. A few notes that may be helpful...

Perhaps a fluke but we stumbled upon Nick and Judy at 8:22 and line was short. We were out of the line by 8:41!!!!

We got to the flagpole by 8:47 and got waters and took a spot on the curb. Parade started very soon thereafter and view was nice. Wind blows the snoap over every now and then.

We had an emergency potty break with the kids so were a bit late getting to desert check in. They took us to our seat and we were right at the railing dead center. View was very nice even with tree blocking castle.

Deserts were fine a few quite tasty and cheese station was most popular. We liked the egg nog and happy to have coffee.

My DH was very glad we did it...to walk right up for curbside seats with no stress and sit during the fireworks. I'm not sure it should command the price it does... but it did make the night a lot less of a hassle and for a family that can't do the second parade it allowed us to get a lot in for the party.

Other news for evening...we didn't meet any other characters but did do several rides and walked on everything except jingle cruise which advertise a 30 minute wait which turned into an 8 minute wait.

Only downside was an extremely rude and grumpy man sitting in the back row of pirates using a lot of profanity to complain about the "drop" and how lame all the animatronics are...in his enormous voice. Mr. cranky pants was a big ba hum bug for our family with small children. But not a big deal at all in comparison to a lovely evening.

We were at party this evening. We had a lot of fun and did the desert party as well. A few notes that may be helpful...

Perhaps a fluke but we stumbled upon Nick and Judy at 8:22 and line was short. We were out of the line by 8:41!!!!

We got to the flagpole by 8:47 and got waters and took a spot on the curb. Parade started very soon thereafter and view was nice. Wind blows the snoap over every now and then.

We had an emergency potty break with the kids so were a bit late getting to desert check in. They took us to our seat and we were right at the railing dead center. View was very nice even with tree blocking castle.

Deserts were fine a few quite tasty and cheese station was most popular. We liked the egg nog and happy to have coffee.

My DH was very glad we did it...to walk right up for curbside seats with no stress and sit during the fireworks. I'm not sure it should command the price it does... but it did make the night a lot less of a hassle and for a family that can't do the second parade it allowed us to get a lot in for the party.

Other news for evening...we didn't meet any other characters but did do several rides and walked on everything except jingle cruise which advertise a 30 minute wait which turned into an 8 minute wait.

Only downside was an extremely rude and grumpy man sitting in the back row of pirates using a lot of profanity to complain about the "drop" and how lame all the animatronics are...in his enormous voice. Mr. cranky pants was a big ba hum bug for our family with small children. But not a big deal at all in comparison to a lovely evening.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the dessert party! Me and some other DIS'ers will be at the dessert party on 12/8!

Would you recommend the first or second Frozen Holiday Wish? We plan to do rides and treat stations with Wishes and the second parade. I was leaning towards the earlier one since they we aren't in the crowd waiting for the first parade. Does this make sense?

Would you recommend the first or second Frozen Holiday Wish? We plan to do rides and treat stations with Wishes and the second parade. I was leaning towards the earlier one since they we aren't in the crowd waiting for the first parade. Does this make sense?

I'm not sure what the popular opinion is, but from my experience on Sunday night the first one was far more crowded and chaotic because it was still during main park hours. It's as if every non-party goer sticks around to see that because they need to be out shortly after. Add the incoming party crowd to that mix and it makes for a crowded hub.

Where is a great parade spot (1st parade) near the hub so we will see the 'snow'? We plan on getting to that spot 60 minutes in advance.

See the snow or be in the snow? The snow is only on Main Street, so if you want to have the snow coming down on you (we find the parade extremely enjoyable sitting on Main St. with the snow), you will need to be on Main Street (and get there early). Otherwise, any where in the HUB that you can turn to see Main Street will give you a "view" of the snow.

I'm trying to work out my plan for the party. Assuming arriving at 6.

6:00-6:15 - walk to Fantasyland
6:15-6:30 - 7DMT (have FP)
6:40-7:25 - dinner Cosmic Ray's
7:30-7:50 - Space Mountain
7:50-8:00 - Walk to Liberty Square
8:00-8:30 - find spot in Liberty Square for first parade, wait
8:30-9:00 - Parade (gets to area around 8:40 and through by 9?)
9:00-9:30 - Open time
9:30-10:00 - get spot at plaza gardens for Fireworks
10:00-10:15 - fireworks
10:15 - go home

Some questions;
- 30 minutes about right for 'wait' for parade at Liberty Square?
- 30 minutes about right for 'wait' for fireworks at plaza gardens?
- Stuff I can do on the open time.. are these viable options; BTMR, Jungle Cruise, one of the Meet and Greets in Frontierland?
- was hoping to squeeze in the Tomorrowland Christmas stage show... is that viable and if so, where on the plan?

Thanks

Your mileage may vary but FWIW, we were at the party this past Sunday and walked up to the Plaza garden area about 2-3 minutes before the fireworks started. Got a great spot to sit and stretch out. I would have rather been 15-20 minutes early but we were running late. I was shocked good spots all around the hub were plentiful just minutes before. It seemed like a relatively crowded party to me, overall.

Hmm... so if I can delay going to get a fireworks spot until say, 9:40 or 9:45.. maybe it would allow me to do the 9:20 Tomorrowland Stage Show? Only issue is I'd be doing a lot of walking back-and-forth.

Would the 7:40 show be an option? It goes from 7:40 to 8:00 (20 minutes right?), walk to Liberty Square.. 10 minutes? Is 20 minutes before parade start enough to find a good spot in Liberty Square area? (or should I really shoot for the 30 minutes?)

Last edited:
We went to the party last night 11-29 and I must say it was the best time!! After 7 pm We were able to walk on every ride with little to no wait times. The longest we waited was 15-20 min for Peter Pan. We also had great spots for fire works and the parade! I wish everyday at MK was this easy!! We did arrive at 4pm with fast passes for a few rides followed by dinner at BOG @ 5:50. After dinner we walked right onto 7DMT and rode it back to back before moving on. I would highly recommend paying for the party if you want to ride rides and have lower crowds.

Hello, I am head down next week. I notice everyone says you should line up for the 7 and Sandy Claus early. What is the protocol for have part of your party join to later. Example. I get in line at 5. My children join me at 5:45?

If we do two partys next year one would be on my birthday (today lol) and a Thursday with our other one being on the Sunday of our trip. I hope that next years 30th party would be as good as I read some had yesterday. Question I have is can any Chrs before the party be used as FP+'s or do they no longer allow chr's as a FP+. I thought I read something bout it a bit ago.

Hello, I am head down next week. I notice everyone says you should line up for the 7 and Sandy Claus early. What is the protocol for have part of your party join to later. Example. I get in line at 5. My children join me at 5:45?
Hubby and I have traded off holding the spot several times, but we try to get into line together. That way the folks around us know how big our party is. We wait for a while together, then one of us takes the kids out, return and switch. And I always make sure we are all back when the characters come out. Nothing worse than thinking you are next in line and then 10 people "cut" in front of you. But "holding" spots is very common for the rare characters with long waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter