"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

New here! I've been combing through this thread like crazy today! We're going to the MVMCP on 11/20 :santa::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:santa:

One answer that I can't seem to find (possibly missed it on the 91 pages!), but will Santa only be there at the start of the party at 7 p.m. like the other characters, or will he be there at 4 p.m. when the park opens? Thanks!!!
If memory serves, Santa has a regular, all-day M&G beginning after Thanksgiving. But until then he's a "party only" character, which means he comes out around 7.

Just to be clear, is the line for Rapunzel and Flynn the same as Cinderella's?
Yes! The line started before 6, and you meet Flynn and Rapunzel, plus Charming and Cinderella. Anna and Elsa meet in the other side.
Snow and Aurora and their respective princes meet close by, in one line for both.

I think we'll line up for Rapunzel/Flynn and Cinderella/Charming and then cross our fingers for Scrooge/Donald. Too many good characters to meet!

How late do they keep the lines open for Rapunzel/Flynn and Cinderelle/Charming? I know on the schedule it says until 11:30. Does that mean they will keep the line open until 11:30 or could it close earlier, say at 10:30, so that everyone is through the line by 11:30?

DD and I will be wanting to meet the Dwarfs and that is a higher priority than the princesses and princes, but I would love to be able to meet Flynn. I also don't want to miss out on other things. I was thinking about watching the 10:30 parade, then heading over to join the line for Rapunzel and Flynn. Is it possible we will miss out?

OK! Here is my experience:

We arrived at the MK around 3. We had a FP+ for the Jingle Cruise. I really enjoyed it, there were a lot of decorations and some new jokes that I didn't hear last year.

A lot of people lined up around 3:30 for wristbands across from POTC. I thought this was kind of a waste of time. No need to line up early everyone. We had a 4 pm FP+ for POTC. We rode and then headed immediately to Sandy Claws.

*Sandy Claws comes out at 5 pm.

We waited until about 5:20 to meet him and were then on our way. We stopped for some food at Cosmic Ray's, then headed to Princess Fairytale Hall. We were second in line at 5:50 pm behind one person (which then grew to 15, which was super annoying and that is all I'll say about that). They started to meet about 10 minutes early and we were out of there around 6:30. It is a really fun meet, Flynn is great as usual. And you get 4 characters for one wait.

Once done, we checked on the other princes line. They meet right outside Princess Fairytale hall next to the castle wall section. One line gets you all 4, which is nice. It was pretty long at this point so we decided to keep moving. Peter Pan and Wendy's first set was already closed, so we continued into Frontierland.

We saw one of the parade reindeers and an elf doing meet and greets. This was the worst part of the party, the CM was telling everyone just to rush up and get pictures, while we had all formed an orderly line. They were making the characters roam, so they'd do pics with a few groups then run away to stand 10 feet away. I hate when Disney does that. I believe they stopped doing this pretty soon though, as I'll get to later.

The country bears were also running around. They will meet outside until early December when the Golden Horseshoe re-opens, then they'll be inside the dance party along with Clarabelle Cow.

We found a spot for the first parade about 40 minutes before hand and were in the front row in Frontierland by the country bears show. We traded off and shopped at the Frontierland shop for party pins.

The parade finally started and we all thought it was excellent! We'd been to a Christmas party a few years ago and weren't impressed by the parade at all, but this time we all loved it.

There is a whole Frozen section with Olaf and skiing/roller skating people that I thought was neat. There is a Wreck it Ralph section and Vanellope finally has her car instead of having to walk!
I loved seeing Cinderella's carriage with the ponies, and the princess/prince explosion float was great! There was Tiana and Naveen, Eric and Ariel, Beast and Belle, Aurora and Phillip, Snow and Charming, Aladdin and Jasmine and the Fairy Godmother. Santa at the end was excellent! I highly recommend the parade.

After that, we waited about 20 minutes to meet Abu and Aladdin in his Prince Ali outfit. After that, we discovered that the elf and reindeer had been moved next to the giant Christmas ornament in Adventureland. The fireworks started to go off, we never really loved the Christmas fireworks, I feel like they are not Disney enough. They have a lot of Christmas songs but are low on Disney specific Christmas, if that makes sense. But they are really nice fireworks, just not for us. We were going to try the Princes' line during the fireworks, but when we got there it had started to sprinkle and they were leaving for a break soon. We knew that the characters meeting in the circus area have rain locations, so we booked it over there. By now it was raining pretty well, but we were right! They had moved Santa Goofy, Christmas dress Minnie and the ducks to the same location under cover. Sandy Claws' line also didn't look too long at this time. So we ended up waiting half an hour and got a mega Christmas pic with all 5 characters, it was pretty neat.

After that we checked on the Princes again, it was about 1040 and their line had closed for the night. We were able to be the third group for Peter Pan and Wendy, so we met them after a `5 minute wait. The second parade had been delayed due to rain and it was just starting around 11 pm.

We wanted to find Mary Poppins, Bert and the penguins at the town square area so we headed over. We saw Merida had no wait so we stopped to see her. We went through the bypass and found one other group waiting for Mary. The CM thought they'd still come out but they had to wait until they were done with the parade first so we just waited. We had a pretty good view of the second parade. We noticed none of the horses were in the parade, most likely due to the wet ground. Also, the princess/prince explosion float was gone and instead all the princesses were in a gazebo.

Mary and co. did end up coming out around 11:40. There is Mary, Bert and 2 penguins. After that it was 11:50 so we ducked into Mickey's meet, he was in a Christmas outfit.

After that we wandered around Main Street watching it snow and just enjoyed the lights. It was a really great party! The only things we missed was the meet with Aurora/Phillip and Snow/Charming. We also missed the Tomorrowland show. We'd seen the castle show before and weren't too impressed so didn't worry about it this year.

Anyone have any questions?

Does anyone know if I get a fp for Rapunzel and Cinderella at 5:30-6:30 will we get to meet them with the princes? Or is it a separate line?

We arrived at the MK around 3. We had a FP+ for the Jingle Cruise. I really enjoyed it, there were a lot of decorations and some new jokes that I didn't hear last year.

A lot of people lined up around 3:30 for wristbands across from POTC. I thought this was kind of a waste of time. No need to line up early everyone. We had a 4 pm FP+ for POTC. We rode and then headed immediately to Sandy Claws.

*Sandy Claws comes out at 5 pm.

We waited until about 5:20 to meet him and were then on our way. We stopped for some food at Cosmic Ray's, then headed to Princess Fairytale Hall. We were second in line at 5:50 pm behind one person (which then grew to 15, which was super annoying and that is all I'll say about that). They started to meet about 10 minutes early and we were out of there around 6:30. It is a really fun meet, Flynn is great as usual. And you get 4 characters for one wait.

Once done, we checked on the other princes line. They meet right outside Princess Fairytale hall next to the castle wall section. One line gets you all 4, which is nice. It was pretty long at this point so we decided to keep moving. Peter Pan and Wendy's first set was already closed, so we continued into Frontierland.

We saw one of the parade reindeers and an elf doing meet and greets. This was the worst part of the party, the CM was telling everyone just to rush up and get pictures, while we had all formed an orderly line. They were making the characters roam, so they'd do pics with a few groups then run away to stand 10 feet away. I hate when Disney does that. I believe they stopped doing this pretty soon though, as I'll get to later.

The country bears were also running around. They will meet outside until early December when the Golden Horseshoe re-opens, then they'll be inside the dance party along with Clarabelle Cow.

We found a spot for the first parade about 40 minutes before hand and were in the front row in Frontierland by the country bears show. We traded off and shopped at the Frontierland shop for party pins.

The parade finally started and we all thought it was excellent! We'd been to a Christmas party a few years ago and weren't impressed by the parade at all, but this time we all loved it.

There is a whole Frozen section with Olaf and skiing/roller skating people that I thought was neat. There is a Wreck it Ralph section and Vanellope finally has her car instead of having to walk!
I loved seeing Cinderella's carriage with the ponies, and the princess/prince explosion float was great! There was Tiana and Naveen, Eric and Ariel, Beast and Belle, Aurora and Phillip, Snow and Charming, Aladdin and Jasmine and the Fairy Godmother. Santa at the end was excellent! I highly recommend the parade.

After that, we waited about 20 minutes to meet Abu and Aladdin in his Prince Ali outfit. After that, we discovered that the elf and reindeer had been moved next to the giant Christmas ornament in Adventureland. The fireworks started to go off, we never really loved the Christmas fireworks, I feel like they are not Disney enough. They have a lot of Christmas songs but are low on Disney specific Christmas, if that makes sense. But they are really nice fireworks, just not for us. We were going to try the Princes' line during the fireworks, but when we got there it had started to sprinkle and they were leaving for a break soon. We knew that the characters meeting in the circus area have rain locations, so we booked it over there. By now it was raining pretty well, but we were right! They had moved Santa Goofy, Christmas dress Minnie and the ducks to the same location under cover. Sandy Claws' line also didn't look too long at this time. So we ended up waiting half an hour and got a mega Christmas pic with all 5 characters, it was pretty neat.

After that we checked on the Princes again, it was about 1040 and their line had closed for the night. We were able to be the third group for Peter Pan and Wendy, so we met them after a `5 minute wait. The second parade had been delayed due to rain and it was just starting around 11 pm.

We wanted to find Mary Poppins, Bert and the penguins at the town square area so we headed over. We saw Merida had no wait so we stopped to see her. We went through the bypass and found one other group waiting for Mary. The CM thought they'd still come out but they had to wait until they were done with the parade first so we just waited. We had a pretty good view of the second parade. We noticed none of the horses were in the parade, most likely due to the wet ground. Also, the princess/prince explosion float was gone and instead all the princesses were in a gazebo.

Mary and co. did end up coming out around 11:40. There is Mary, Bert and 2 penguins. After that it was 11:50 so we ducked into Mickey's meet, he was in a Christmas outfit.

After that we wandered around Main Street watching it snow and just enjoyed the lights. It was a really great party! The only things we missed was the meet with Aurora/Phillip and Snow/Charming. We also missed the Tomorrowland show. We'd seen the castle show before and weren't too impressed so didn't worry about it this year.

Thanks for the great recap!!

What was Mickey's Christmas outfit?

I'm trying to finish my prep for the 11/19 party......Does anyone know how long the 7 Dwarves meet and what the line is like later in the night? I would like to meet them, but there is no way we will be able to stand in line for hours with my gram.

Thanks so much for your very in-depth report OhioStateBuckey...looking forward to reading more like this over the coming weeks

A lot of people lined up around 3:30 for wristbands across from POTC. I thought this was kind of a waste of time. No need to line up early everyone. We had a 4 pm FP+ for POTC.

They had moved Santa Goofy, Christmas dress Minnie and the ducks to the same location under cover. Sandy Claws' line also didn't look too long at this time. So we ended up waiting half an hour and got a mega Christmas pic with all 5 characters, it was pretty neat.

I haven't been before, what do you mean about lining up for wristbands? Did you already have your wristband?

Do the five characters meet individually or did you ask for all five in one picture? Are they normally not under cover?

I haven't been before, what do you mean about lining up for wristbands? Did you already have your wristband?

4:00 is the earliest you can enter with a party ticket and if you do, you get the wristband when you enter. OhioStateBuckeye entered the park at 3:00 (meaning she used a regular park ticket) and therefore had to wait until they started handed out wristbands, which they do at a couple places inside the park so that you don't have to exit and re-enter.

In the past there has been a separate party line.

Darn. I've had a fp+ for them from 5-6pm for a while. Not because of the party, that's just the only slot there was & that's what my daughter wants to do & I was hoping if we went towards the end of the window we'd catch the change over rather than having to go through twice to see the boys too.

where do we get the wristbands? Is it at the gate? We will be getting there for the 4pm arrival on our party date

Forgive me for not reading 90+ pages of posts, but I have a question re when to line up for characters/schedule. We want to meet: Jack Skellington, Dwarves, and Rapunzel/Flynn. We have the dessert party at 8:40 pm for Holiday Wishes, and we will watch the second parade. How would you schedule the M&G's to minimize time in line? I'm a little nervous because my younger dd has medical issues that can make embedded queue's a bit sketchy, but we are willing to give this a shot!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter