*OFFICIAL MARCH 2010 THREAD* - Lets countdown together!

Still not feeling like I'm getting much accomplished, but the piles in my 'staging area' for packing are getting larger, and I called the police department to give them the dates we'll be gone so our house goes on the extra patrol list. And thanks to whoever mentioned putting their mail on hold...got that done too!:thumbsup2

DD12 went back to school today and no signs that anyone else will catch the crud she had/has. (I quarantined her to her room...even took the little TV from our kitchen in there. But I told her not to get used to it. LOL)

Now, to set a reminder on my phone so I don't space off doing the online checkin for our Southwest flights right at the 24 hour mark!

Still not feeling like I'm getting much accomplished, but the piles in my 'staging area' for packing are getting larger, and I called the police department to give them the dates we'll be gone so our house goes on the extra patrol list. And thanks to whoever mentioned putting their mail on hold...got that done too!:thumbsup2

DD12 went back to school today and no signs that anyone else will catch the crud she had/has. (I quarantined her to her room...even took the little TV from our kitchen in there. But I told her not to get used to it. LOL)

Now, to set a reminder on my phone so I don't space off doing the online checkin for our Southwest flights right at the 24 hour mark!

I still don't have much in my staging area. I took out the mister fans and DH said "I don't think we'll need those!" :eek: I did put several boxes of girl scout cookies into a grocery bag. I still need to make the towel tags for my friend's family. I've got ours from July. Don't need to put mail on hold or newspaper because DD21 and her DH will be here.

I'm not gonna do online check-in. I feel the need to do that in person. Gotta get today's DISunplugged PODcast downloaded. My immediate concern is to help DD7 with her essay on thunderstorms. Please!! We're doing the single digit dance (although I counted 10 on the calendar).. don't the teacher's understand these things!!!:teacher:

I still don't have much in my staging area. I took out the mister fans and DH said "I don't think we'll need those!" :eek: I did put several boxes of girl scout cookies into a grocery bag. I still need to make the towel tags for my friend's family. I've got ours from July. Don't need to put mail on hold or newspaper because DD21 and her DH will be here.

I'm not gonna do online check-in. I feel the need to do that in person. Gotta get today's DISunplugged PODcast downloaded. My immediate concern is to help DD7 with her essay on thunderstorms. Please!! We're doing the single digit dance (although I counted 10 on the calendar).. don't the teacher's understand these things!!!:teacher:

I laughed when I read your comment about the teachers not understanding this - we cannot leave till after 11am next Friday because DS has a science test the day before spring break!!!! DD also has approx. 4 papers/projects due next week too - not to mention her major sophomore research project she turned in Tuesday. They are making life real difficult right now!

What are towel tags?

I went out and bought two pair of capris today, I am not sure the shorts are going to be an option.

I laughed when I read your comment about the teachers not understanding this - we cannot leave till after 11am next Friday because DS has a science test the day before spring break!!!! DD also has approx. 4 papers/projects due next week too - not to mention her major sophomore research project she turned in Tuesday. They are making life real difficult right now!

What are towel tags?

I went out and bought two pair of capris today, I am not sure the shorts are going to be an option.

With a 2nd grader, the homework keeps ME busy too... so that's even worse! I'm not even sure WHAT my 12th grader has going on next week. He never tells me. Luckily we're leaving Saturday. I can barely pry DH away from work!:scared1: If it wasn't for this trip, he'd probably work straight through Spring break!

Towel tags are name tags attached with safety pins to our bath towels. All the bath towels look alike and in the DVC villas, you arrive to fresh towels, and again get fresh towels on Wednesday, but if we want to keep track of whose towel is whose, especially if we stick them in the dryer, I have made handy dandy little towel tags. I have ours, but we're going to be 9 people in a villa (with my friend and her family). I'm gonna make them tags too. Basically, I took a piece of plain canvas fabric cut pieces about an inch by 5 inches. Then I stitched around the edge so it won't fray. Then I stitched on a printed camp name tag that is left over from the ones I had from when I was a kid and my kids have them too. I don't know if they still sell them, but Walter Drake catalog and some others had these sew-on or iron-on rolls of name tag tape for parents to stitch into their kids clothes for camp. The other family doesn't have any camp tags so I'll just use fabric paint and paint their names on each tag.

Awww Tri! Sending massive pixie dust your way! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Thanks! I'm at home with the ankle propped up trying to get the swelling down after a long day at work. I've already warned my DSis (17) that she might have to push me in a wheelchair! Although I'm not looking forward to my first "wheelchair experience" to be in spring break crowds at WDW! :rolleyes:

I leave tomorrow morning...... I can't wait.... My neighbors are getting my mail and newspapers and watching over my house so I don't have to worry about anything.... They will probably also help with the remainder of clean up from the rain that we had which caused 5+ inches of water in my basement....

I love having neighbors that are always there for you :grouphug::cheer2:

We're at the 36 hour mark! WOOHOO!!!

Question - if we have Southwest's Early Bird Check In, do I need to do anything other than print our boarding passes tomorrow?

With a 2nd grader, the homework keeps ME busy too... so that's even worse! I'm not even sure WHAT my 12th grader has going on next week. He never tells me. Luckily we're leaving Saturday. I can barely pry DH away from work!:scared1: If it wasn't for this trip, he'd probably work straight through Spring break!

Towel tags are name tags attached with safety pins to our bath towels. All the bath towels look alike and in the DVC villas, you arrive to fresh towels, and again get fresh towels on Wednesday, but if we want to keep track of whose towel is whose, especially if we stick them in the dryer, I have made handy dandy little towel tags. I have ours, but we're going to be 9 people in a villa (with my friend and her family). I'm gonna make them tags too. Basically, I took a piece of plain canvas fabric cut pieces about an inch by 5 inches. Then I stitched around the edge so it won't fray. Then I stitched on a printed camp name tag that is left over from the ones I had from when I was a kid and my kids have them too. I don't know if they still sell them, but Walter Drake catalog and some others had these sew-on or iron-on rolls of name tag tape for parents to stitch into their kids clothes for camp. The other family doesn't have any camp tags so I'll just use fabric paint and paint their names on each tag.

That is a great idea - we always run into that problem with resorts even with mousekeeping every day - it makes it hard to reuse the towels.

10 days until we leave. I tried to do online check-in but it isn't working today :sad2: I will try again tomorrow! Can't wait even though I know it is going to be packed. :woohoo:

I decided to give on-line check in a whirl. I went to the DVC member website and my vacation wasn't listed under the my vacations tab. Just last July. So I realized since my vacation is under a friends membership (because that was the only way we could combine our points), even though its in MY name, I can't access it from the DVC member website. That is the only way to do online check in for DVC. So I called member services and they confirmed. I can't do online check-in. Oh well. That's ok. :3dglasses

We have a 4 hour drive to the airport. Last night I was having dreams about flat tires and other things keeping us from getting to the airport on time. Maybe I should look up the number to a cab company. LOL

I think I have everything (well, almost everything--there's always last minute things I think to throw in) in piles in my closet. I think I'll pull out the suitcases today and start packing.

Talked to one of my brothers yesterday. (We're going with my dad, brother and his wife, and other brother and his girlfriend) We're the only ones who have been to Disney before. Anyway, my brother said today he was going to buy new shoes for the trip, and I said, "Nooooooooo!!!" He may do it still...he never has listened to his big sister very well. ;)

YAY! 6 days and 16 hrs and we are on our way. Staging area has clothes and stuff EVERYWHERE. :lmao: And I still have to add poncho's to the stack. Will be packing everything in suitcases this weekend. YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! :banana:

I decided to give on-line check in a whirl. I went to the DVC member website and my vacation wasn't listed under the my vacations tab. Just last July. So I realized since my vacation is under a friends membership (because that was the only way we could combine our points), even though its in MY name, I can't access it from the DVC member website. That is the only way to do online check in for DVC. So I called member services and they confirmed. I can't do online check-in. Oh well. That's ok. :3dglasses

I was able to do online check in with DVC even though I did not stay on my points I rented from another member. You go to myreservations.com/dvc I thinik it is and then you can put in your reservation number. I just did it about a week and half ago.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter