Official JUNE 2009 Thread!!!

7 days. 6 adults. 5 hour drive. 4 parks. 3 rooms. 2 long to wait. 1 great vacation.

POFQ June 20-27 thats right im gone.

:dancer:

Hi Donna: Do you make ADR's for you and your son? If so, I could use a recommendation. My son is 10 but will be 11 when we go in June.

There are three places he Loved...Sci-fi dine in (great atmosphere) , Chef Mickey's. (kids of all ages love this place) and I went nuts over the peel and eat shrimp. He really liked the Garden Grill. The restaurant spins and you see scenes below of the Living with the Land ride. The food was decent, I enjoyed it. We rode that ride right after, he loved it. Also Chip, Dale, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey come to the table!
We also ate at The Crystal Palace, this place has Winnie the Pooh and friends, he thought it was for babies till we got in there, HE LOVED IT! I have him on video marching around the place with Tigger Pooh and the gang...but he was barely eight then now he is nine and half and I wouldn't dare try it again. I would be pushing my luck.

Gosh they grow up too fast!

Ps: I had Adr's for all done by my travel agent. Chef Mickey's at 5:00pm is perfect before a Pirate/Princess party. Best night of our trip. We stayed at the party late and I made the next day a sleep in day. You must have at least one of those (trust me) your child will thank you. (maybe not) but they will be less cranky! :rolleyes1

~Donna

DS11 and I are going back from Jun 9-16. He LOVES animals so we are going to stay at AKL. OMG, I can't wait...

Looking at ADR's since time is getting short. Any suggestions for only Mom plus son?

I agree with one of the previous posters, our 11 year old son loves the Sci-Fi. Doesn't even like for me to consider anywhere else at Hollywood Studios.

We also really enjoy Crystal Palace because not only is it a character meal but the buffet is good too.

Garden Grill is a good choice. The food is not super fantastic but it is good. I like the fact that the restaurant sloooowly turns and you get a glimpse of the Living With The Land ride.

Coral Reef is not a character meal but the atmosphere is very unique.

I know that the new T-Rex restaurant isn't on the dining plan but we are definitely going to check it out during our next trip.

Even though my son will be 12 next year and knows that the characters are just people in costumes, he still enjoys the atmosphere of a character meal. It just seems more lively and Disneyfied.

Booked our vacation for 16June-23June 2009 for the Beach Club...Yea I'm so excited. I've never stayed there and can't wait!! I'm sooo ready to start booking for ADR's.
:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

We (myself & 2 nieces) are going down 6/26 (for the Pin Event) and coming home 7/3. We are staying at the BW Villas:goodvibes
Can't wait. Penny:hippie:

We are going June 6-13 and staying at SSR! I have never gone in the summer. The closet time was Memorial Day. But I have a son and a nephew who can't miss school. The 4/3 deal was too good to pass up!

We are booked from June 21 - June 29th. June 21 & 22 are at AKL Villas and then June 23 - 29th at VWL. We usually don't make ADR's in advance as we go with the flow.... sometimes we just pop into a location and hope for the best. Other times we do counter service. These are usually for lunch. Dinner is usually in the villa cooked by me... :thumbsup2 We bought DVC for this reason and enjoy a relaxing dinner outside of the parks. Then we head back or not! In the past we have done Crystal Palace (the kids are to old now), Ohana's :banana: Boma :banana: Hoop Dee Doo :banana: Marakesh(sp) :banana: , SciFi, Mama Melrose, 50's Prime Time Dinner, Brown Derby, Rainforest Cafe', just to name a few. Have not been dissapointed at any of these....

Will keep reading to see what everyone is doing.

Disneymoon! June 8-19th at POR. Will be my 9th visit and DF 3rd :) I'm super excited, but also nervous becasue I've never been in June before! Hoping it isn't too busy :)

We'll be there in June as well. We bought into DVC at Kidani Village, so we are using some of our points to go visit our new home once it opens. We will be there from May 30th to June 6th.

My DH has already told me that he is more excited about this trip than our Mardi Gras trip. He is happy to know that we can relax now since we have plans to go back every year a couple of times each.

For this trip, we plan to try a few things that we have never done before. My 5yo son asked to go to Sea World for a day, and he wants to try out Blizzard Beach this time as well.

As far as ADRs are concerned, I made my Chef Mickey's ressie on the 1st for our traditional last supper. It's our little way of saying good-bye to Mickey. We are still thinking about the others. My DH wants to try Sanaa, the new ts at Kidani, and my ds wants to go to T-Rex. We'll see how things go.

Hello! Please add me to the list, too!

We're going on our first ever WDW trip June 6-13 at the Poly. I was debating between all the moderates. Once the 4/3 deal came out it just made sense to go with the Poly for a couple hundred more than we were already planning to spend at a moderate.

Now our big obstacle is to find affordable airfare. Wish us luck!

Once the 4/3 deal came out it just made sense to go with the Poly for a couple hundred more than we were already planning to spend at a moderate.

Ahh - you've fallen into our trap! That is exactly what we did in '03 for our first trip as a family. We were planning on staying at a mod, but the 4/3 came out and we thought "well, we're not going to be going back again for quite a while, might as well go big and do the Poly".

So when we went back in '06, I tried...I really did try...to get excited about a mod. But just couldn't do it. We stayed at WL that time, which was really nice -- but it wasn't the Poly. Then came May '07 - the year I turned 40 and DH knew I couldn't be unhappy about it at the "Happiest Place on Earth". So we went for a quick weekend trip. Once again, we just couldn't do a Mod - now that we'd stayed Delux 2x. So we tried the BWI- I just love the BW area. Then we decided we REALLY wanted to see WDW at Christmas...so December '07 here we come. And once again, we just couldn't step down from the DX resort. So, back to the WL we went.

Now we're planning a trip for June '09 - and with the 4/3, we're back at the Poly! Woot Woot!

Maybe one of these days we'll try a mod. But we're just too hooked on the deluxes.

Mwahhahahaha...

Tracie

Count us in!
We will be there 13 nights/14 days from May 29th-June 11th with 10 day park hoppers & the water park option. I'm soooo excited. :yay: We are staying at POP but would someday love to stay at the Poly or WL. This trip is a graduation celebration for myself (I graduate in May with a degree in nursing), a birthday celebration for my youngest son (he will turn 6 on May 30th), and an anniversary celebration for my hubby & I (11 years on June 20th). We have alot to celebrate and the best part is that the kids don't know yet. :thumbsup2 They think that we are going back in the summer of 2010.

We are going to give the Quick Service Dining Plan a try and book a couple of sit down meals to pay out-of-pocket including Chef Mickey's for breakfast (on son's bday), T Rex, Rainforest Cafe, and probably Boma for breakfast.

Now, if Disney would release May/June hours, get their new dining reservation system up & running, and the next 5 1/2 months would hurry up & get here, then I would be one happy mom
:laughing:

As far as ADRs are concerned, I made my Chef Mickey's ressie on the 1st for our traditional last supper. It's our little way of saying good-bye to Mickey. We are still thinking about the others. My DH wants to try Sanaa, the new ts at Kidani, and my ds wants to go to T-Rex. We'll see how things go.

We do that too!! :goodvibes

Me and DBF will be there June 6-13th...can't wait! This will be our first trip just the two of us :)

Anyone else super annoyed that we cant book June ADRs yet?!

Ahh - you've fallen into our trap! That is exactly what we did in '03 for our first trip as a family. We were planning on staying at a mod, but the 4/3 came out and we thought "well, we're not going to be going back again for quite a while, might as well go big and do the Poly".

So when we went back in '06, I tried...I really did try...to get excited about a mod. But just couldn't do it. We stayed at WL that time, which was really nice -- but it wasn't the Poly. Then came May '07 - the year I turned 40 and DH knew I couldn't be unhappy about it at the "Happiest Place on Earth". So we went for a quick weekend trip. Once again, we just couldn't do a Mod - now that we'd stayed Delux 2x. So we tried the BWI- I just love the BW area. Then we decided we REALLY wanted to see WDW at Christmas...so December '07 here we come. And once again, we just couldn't step down from the DX resort. So, back to the WL we went.

Now we're planning a trip for June '09 - and with the 4/3, we're back at the Poly! Woot Woot!

Maybe one of these days we'll try a mod. But we're just too hooked on the deluxes.

Mwahhahahaha...

Tracie

Yeah, Tracie, I did just what Disney wants me to do. Spend more money! :rotfl:

It just felt like we were settling anytime I thought we were close to a decision about a mod. There were just so many things I would have preferred at a Dlx. Now I know everyone laughs at this, but we're not planning on being repeat Disney customers. I have lots of other places I want to make it to. With that in mind, I'm thinking I may never have another shot to stay at the Poly for a "bargain" price, so I better do it while I can.

I was starting to feel a bit guilty still about the price. I told DH that we could change our resort to a mod before the 20th. He shook his head and said "nah." :banana: Now our big challenge is finding affordable flights. Any tips or tricks?

Carissa

It's not about June 2009, but I just had to post that it snowed here in south LA today. This is only the third time in my life.

It's not about June 2009, but I just had to post that it snowed here in south LA today. This is only the third time in my life.

Brave teacher: Where do you live in South La? We are in West Monroe and my son walked outside at least 20 times last night to see if it was snowing. Alas, nothing! My daughter, who lives above Atlanta, Georgia did say they are predicting snow there. But, guess what, she's going to Panama City, Florida tomorrow so she won't see it!

I am in Houma. That is why it is amazing that we saw snow. I teach Free Enterprise at a local high school. We all took time out of our lessons to go outside to see it. It wasn't enough to stick to the ground, but nonetheless, it NEVER sneauxs here! One of the yearbook kids took a picture of a fellow teacher and I. I have the pink scarf. I had already been outside about 5-10 mintues before the pic was taken, and my hair was already soaking wet.

CasieIinthesnow.jpg

I am in Houma. That is why it is amazing that we saw snow. I teach Free Enterprise at a local high school. We all took time out of our lessons to go outside to see it. It wasn't enough to stick to the ground, but nonetheless, it NEVER sneauxs here! One of the yearbook kids took a picture of a fellow teacher and I. I have the pink scarf. I had already been outside about 5-10 mintues before the pic was taken, and my hair was already soaking wet.

CasieIinthesnow.jpg

Congrats on the snow! I could send you some this winter. We are in PA and see enough of it. today it is raining and pouring rain....turning to slush and freezing rain and supposed to snow by morning. Nasty night here.

I did it! I booked for June through my local AAA!!!!!!
June 21 to June 28. Currently booked at POP but will more than likely upgrade to CBR as soon as I can convince my son to go back there again! He wants to stay at POP because it looks so cool. I think he is really going to miss the water slide in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!