****Official July 2021 Thread****

We just booked a trip for the last week of July. There seems to be a lot of July experts on this thread.

Any tips for keeping cool in the heat?

We highly recommend the Frogg Togg Chilly Pads. They're better than the Disney ones. Get some free ice water and use that to wet it down. You can also cut one in half to share, they're huge.

Something new we're going to try are the neck fans everyone has been wearing.

The first time we went in July I was surprised how muggy it is was the morning. I thought late evening was by far the most pleasant part of the day. I tend to feel like I'm drowning for about half an hour, then adjust and it's not so bad. Also, Animal Kingdom seems to be the worst park this way. So much water and greenery.

Pack face wipes or a washcloth to wipe your face down often. This was especially nice when wearing a mask.

Clothes - Don't wear denim if you can help it. Wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet because it will definitely rain on you multiple times. Pack a spare pair of socks, or flip flops. My husband likes to wear a Panama hat.

Make sure you have a poncho or umbrella. I personally prefer the umbrella because ponchos get so hot. If you're bringing a stroller, go buy a cheap clear plastic shower curtain before you go and every time you park it, cover it and secure with some clips. We've come off of so many rides to a nice dry stroller and everyone else's is soaked.

We try to book a sit down dining location for lunch. It's a nice extended break from the heat.

We just booked a trip for the last week of July. There seems to be a lot of July experts on this thread.

Hi! I usually go every year in July or August and it is HOT. But we usually try to get to the parks early and do all our favorite things FIRST. Then jump inside for a snack/shopping/lunch. We also like to head back to the resort to swim or nap in the middle of the day. Then we try and head back to the parks once the sun starts to set (after dinner). This all might change on this trip due to the COVID changes.

I also LOVE cooling towels and my personal fan haha! I also wear open shoes/sandals a lot to keep cool. Plus hydrating is so important. I also bring a 'sweat towel' borrowed from the hotel room to keep dry during the day.

So excited to join you all in July! :yay: We are finally booked for Ju!y 18-July 25, staying at SOG. We were so sad to miss our 2020 trip, but we are thrilled to finally be planning another Disney vacation. There have been so many changes, I have a ton of catching up to do. Good to be back. :)
Howdy and welcome! Lots of missed 2020 trips in this thread, and lots of excitement about returning! I swear, I'll "only" have been gone a year and a half but it really DOES feel like the first time in forever, to quote a gal who would probably NOT feel at home at Disney in July. :cold: :rotfl:
Hi everyone!!
Just booked (like 90 minutes ago) a CBR stay for me and the 2 kids (10 and 9) for 7/8-7/15! We were supposed to be there august 2020 but obviously had to cancel. I'm still a bit nervous that Disney is going to be so different, but I'm excited to try and go with the flow... maybe... I don't know. I'm hoping that capacity stays somewhat low - or we get fastpasses back - or something. Not holding my breath!
Welcome aboard! I've got the same hopes and concerns, but most of all I wish there was solid news about changes to capacity this summer, rather than all the rumors and speculation running rampant through the interwebs. :badpc: I also REALLY wish they'd announce the dates for Food & Wine!!! :mickeybar
Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or think there will be room discounts for mid-July and after ...
I am wondering this too. I have 3 nights booked at CSR 7-22 to 7-25 but wanted to split stay 7-25 to 7-28. I either want to break the bank and surprise my mom for her 70th and my sis for her 50th at POLY or I am going the safe route and renting points at SSR. I can’t decide what to do. My mom has Military Salute benefits but I don’t know how much off that is. I was hoping the late summer discounts will be good.
Hi my July Peeps! We are booked 7-22 thru 7-25 at CSR and will be adding to our trip for a split stay location unknown at this time. Most probably we will rent at SSR to take advantage of DS. This is a 70th bday celebration for my mom and a 50th bday for my sister so I am thinking about surprising them at the Poly if any discounts come out. I go back and forth since our park days are limited and we are focusing more on a resort only time. I am soooooo excited for this trip, I can’t stand the excitement!!!! I really want this to be more special than words for them with me bringing lots of surprise fun things as pixie dust for them as we go along.
First, hello and welcome, Keen0420!!! Second, re: discounts, I'm really curious to see what they do about them this summer. Do they raise capacity to help the CMs get ready for the crowds at the 50th Anniversary celebration? Do they try to encourage people who are on the fence about travel? It's going to be interesting! :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin
Just booked! 7/4-7/11 at Caribbean Beach in a Pirate room. It will be my son’s 7th birthday on 7/5. He has been a few times but we have never done a surprise trip! He has been a trooper with everything over the last year and has worked so hard in 1st grade this year, so this is the year. I’ve been in July before, so we are preparing for “surface of the sun” heat. 😂 My hubs and I stayed in CBR before the big renovation there. It wasn’t our favorite TBH but we are willing to give it another shot and the Pirate room will be a big hit I am sure!
Welcome aboard, and :bday: to your son!!! For heaven's sake, make sure he wears that birthday button EVERYWHERE! The Pirate rooms look super cool, hope he loves it. pirate:
You know, this topic comes up so often and is so important, I'm going to add it to the front page of our forum. I'll pull all the suggestions we've had so far, but if anyone has more ideas, please speak up!!! :beach:

Welcome aboard! I've got the same hopes and concerns, but most of all I wish there was solid news about changes to capacity this summer, rather than all the rumors and speculation running rampant through the interwebs. :badpc: I also REALLY wish they'd announce the dates for Food & Wine!!! :mickeybar
This exactly! I'm wondering about Food and Wine, especially given Flower and Garden having just ended! Plus, capacity, leading to more dining options (maybe the return of a DDP?), nighttime entertainment, more attractions opening, longer hours... so much not known right now!

I am making our park pass reservations and I am torn for what park(s) to choose for 4th of July. I have never been to WDW during this time!

Part of me thinks fireworks will be back so maybe I should go see those at MK/EP. The other part of me thinks we should go to AK/HS for lower crowds.

Any thoughts?
Just my two cents, but maybe book MK before it fills up and you get blocked from that park. If it gest closer to the 4th and you'd rather do a slower/quieter park there might still be some availability for you to cancel MK and book the slower park.

Just my two cents, but maybe book MK before it fills up and you get blocked from that park. If it gest closer to the 4th and you'd rather do a slower/quieter park there might still be some availability for you to cancel MK and book the slower park.

Thank you! I think we want to stay away from MK and EP on the 4th so we went with AK instead. We might just make it a resort day. Thank you!

Yes, it will be slower during the non fest days. Anytime there is less to do the crowds usually drop. That being said, it won't be much of a noticeable difference in standby wait times only less people in the park and walking around but there is less to do/see, etc

I am making our park pass reservations and I am torn for what park(s) to choose for 4th of July. I have never been to WDW during this time!

Part of me thinks fireworks will be back so maybe I should go see those at MK/EP. The other part of me thinks we should go to AK/HS for lower crowds.

Any thoughts?
I think if any park has fireworks, it will be July 4. Right now, they are the only ones really "testing" anything of size and it's the easiest to "distance". That being said, I am not expecting them either but made our park reservations for Epcot just in case.

I'm going to keep a close eye on how hopping works out next week after Easter and see if/how/when parks are closing off hopping but I am not expecting to be able to op to Epcot on July 4.

Park reservations are still wide open for all of July. I've been checking every few days just to get an idea of how booking is going. The best part of going in July is lower crowds (at least in our experience) so I'm hoping this holds out for a while longer. However, most of June already has no availability for HS so I'd encourage everyone to lock down your days now!

Last edited:
Park reservations are still wide open for all of July. I've been checking every few days just to get an idea of how booking is going. The best part of going in July are lower crowds (at least in our experience) so I'm hoping this holds out for a while longer. However, most of June already has no availability for HS so I'd encourage everyone to lock down your days now!
Same here. I have also been checking the park reservation for July. Really hope the crowd is lower.

Same here. I have also been checking the park reservation for July. Really hope the crowd is lower.
I keep crossing my fingers that with the heat and the 50th around the corner, it won't be an attractive month. Even with the start of F&W, that's just Epcot.

SUPER excited about being able to take outdoor pics without masks! I know there'll be those who push the envelope, but I really hope people respect the rules that go along with it. :teeth:

Please add us to the Roll Call. We will be at All Star Movies July 2-10. Pre-COVID I knew how to plan park days with the holiday and fireworks, now I feel like I should just assume that every day will be the same at every park regarding crowds. I am anxiously waiting to how much park hours will be increased.

We found a set of cooling towels at Costco yesterday. I don't know if they will be as good as the Frogg Togg ones, but we'll try them at the beach in June. Also, I bought one personal fan to try.

I agree with JennLTX, I'm excited about taking pictures without masks but I hope people behave and wear them in the lines. I read last week that Disney will stay at 35% capacity until 2022. Do you think that's true?

I agree with JennLTX, I'm excited about taking pictures without masks but I hope people behave and wear them in the lines. I read last week that Disney will stay at 35% capacity until 2022. Do you think that's true?
Hmmm...we could only dream if they keep the numbers down, but 2022 will be here before you know it so maybe it is possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter