****Official July 2021 Thread****

If anyone sees any reports on how the new mask policy is being enforced at table service establishments, please reply here.

I get it at quick service location, but for table service dining, this is a deal breaker for me. As someone who is hearing impaired, sitting down and relaxing, being able to talk to my family is one of the BIG reasons we opted for more table service options on our last two (post pandemic) trips.

If this is going to be enforced to the same degree at both quick and table service locations (which I expect) we will almost assuredly opt for quick service only on-site and just drive off-site for table service options.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...tes-policy-for-face-coverings-in-restaurants/

So, I really don't want to start a mask debate (there's other threads for that), but I will say I understand the disappointment you feel. I think everyone is really wanting to see restrictions loosen up and even though this probably only amounts to 5-10 more minutes of mask wearing at a meal, this feels like a punch in the gut to many.

With that said, everything I've been reading still anticipates restrictions loosening up some by summer so I wouldn't cancel just yet. I'm hoping to be allowed to take our masks off outside. Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed.

Can you all give me some insight into how stinking awful the weather is in July? It's awfully humid and gross where I am from in NY, so I'm just curious what the differences are. The humidity up here is awful but I am assuming it is worse in Florida?

What are some helpful tricks? We already know about avoiding middle of the day, etc... since that's what we do here.

We're officially booked July 10-17th at Caribbean Beach! We had a Disney cruise planned for my 40th, but with everything going on, I'm not convinced it's sailing, and if it does, I don't want to be a guinea pig. It'll be me, DH and DS13. We took our first trip in June 2017, then went again in Dec. 2020. Disneyland is our home resort since we live in NorCal, but we love WDW too! We'll also be visiting the dark side July 7-10th, staying at Royal Pacific. Cannot Wait!!!

It's awfully humid and gross where I am from in NY, so I'm just curious what the differences are. The humidity up here is awful but I am assuming it is worse in Florida?

It's one of the hottest months of the year in one of the hottest states in the country. There are things you can do to help but you can't escape or beat the heat, you have to plan with it. Think of the hottest day you experienced in NY, then take that day and expect that weather every day of your trip BUT you're going to be walking 10+ miles a day, in crowded areas, on possibly less sleep than you're used to, etc.

The biggest thing you can do is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It's more important that the clothes you wear! I'd aim for AT LEAST one ounce of water per pound of your body weight per day.

Just saw a "Paging Mr. Morrow" Youtube video about this when he goes to eat at Garden Grill with the new mask rule. He explained it and showed that you keep it on while ordering and waiting and then when you receive your meal and drink you can keep it off until you are finished. I'm sure they will need to train on this as many people can have varying interpretations of this.
Thanks...this is what I was worried about. Luckily, we can plan around it and just stick to quick service when on property. Thanks so much and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for changes between now and then.

With that said, everything I've been reading still anticipates restrictions loosening up some by summer so I wouldn't cancel just yet. I'm hoping to be allowed to take our masks off outside. Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed.

We're definitely not considering cancelling our trip over but it will assuredly play a part in our decision in how much we dine on property.

Hey everyone! I just started a new thread because my son's bestie is going to join us on our trip home. I AM SUCH A NEWBIE. If you have suggestions SHARE THEM. :scared:
CBR July 16-24 2020 high school graduation trip for my daughter.
IS there a BETTER way to celebrate such an occasion? No. No, there is not. :stitch: So many congrats to your girl!!!!
If anyone sees any reports on how the new mask policy is being enforced at table service establishments, please reply here.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...tes-policy-for-face-coverings-in-restaurants/
I'm in Texas where our governor has decided to do away with the mask mandate and open all businesses to 100% capacity. I have very strong feelings about this. That said, I'd really like this board to not turn into a debate. If there is solid information to be shared regarding policies, or helpful suggestions about dealing with the heat or kids who get frustrated, etc., PLEASE post. :firefight
We're officially booked July 10-17th at Caribbean Beach! We had a Disney cruise planned for my 40th, but with everything going on, I'm not convinced it's sailing, and if it does, I don't want to be a guinea pig. It'll be me, DH and DS13. We took our first trip in June 2017, then went again in Dec. 2020. Disneyland is our home resort since we live in NorCal, but we love WDW too! We'll also be visiting the dark side July 7-10th, staying at Royal Pacific. Cannot Wait!!!
DLmama, meet TVmom who is also making CBR her home on your dates. ::tink:I shall not comment re: your visit to the land of things universal, but I will say dementors didn't just come out of nowhere... o_O
The biggest thing you can do is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It's more important that the clothes you wear! I'd aim for AT LEAST one ounce of water per pound of your body weight per day.
You are not wrong. I thought after as many times as I'd visited, and the fact I live in Houston, meant I knew what to do. Two years ago I was wrong, and good GRIEF how very wrong I was. Water, water, water. And then more water.

Hey y’all! We are planning a tentative trip for 7/17-7/24. Hotter than....but, that’s the way our schedules fell this year. Staying at CSR (love it there), travel party of me, my husband, our son, and his girlfriend. Joining in with fingers crossed that we get to go! Happy planning, everyone!

I am that crazy person that would stand in hot sun for the first concert of the day at Epcot and always stopped at the La Cava de Tequila for their children’s Piñata Drink... no alcohol...but fresh fruit drink that always lowered my body temp...I actually ordered 2 and tipped at bar to go! It is not on menu but I might ask the bartender next trip if they remember and can still make it!
Other option would be Joffreys fresh Peach Tree Ice tea and ask for extra cup of ice...I think Starbucks makes this also but prefer Joffreys.
I normally do not drink tea (which drove my English grandmother crazy)...but this also lowers body temp. I also carry a plain bandana to wet and wear around my neck( works better than those expensive cooling wraps they sell in parks) and cheaper!

July 2021 Roll Call
Join me, won't you?

:stitch:

June 28 - July 3 MOPNB Caribbean Beach
July 3 - July 10
LSUfan4444 Caribbean Beach
July 4 - July 9 4My3KGirls Beach Club
July 4 - July 11 Brillokc Art of Animation
July 5 - July 19 Ginger R Saratoga Springs / BoardWalk Villas
July 7 - July 14 yaya74 Old Key West
July 7 - July 14 nataliz Riviera Resort
July 9 - July 18 linajoy Riviera Resort / Copper Creek Villas
July 9 - July 20 JennLTX BoardWalk Villas
July 10 - July 16
ccrellamom Copper Creek Villas
July 10 - July 17 TVmom Caribbean Beach
July 10 - July 18 Frany05 POP Century
July 11 - July 19 preemiemama
Animal Kingdom Lodge
July 13 - July 21 TikiTikiFan All Star Movies
July 15 - July 19 disneylover81 Grand Floridian
July 17 - July 24 TaraWasHere Boulder Ridge Villas
July 17 - July 24 srdavidson Wilderness Lodge
July 17 - July 25 coloredimage Coronado Springs
July 17 - July 31 chad_1138 POP Century
July 23 - July 30 bigcrit Silver Lake Resort
July 24 - July 31
Memorymakerfor4 Copper Creek Villas
July ?? - July ?? maryj11 Copper Creek Villas / Caribbean Beach
June 29-July 4 at Grand Floridian

Hi Jenn can you please add us we’re heading to the Yacht Club 7/3/21-7/10/21.
We’re celebrating youngest DD’s graduation from college and finishing her first year as a high school Physical Science and ASL teacher.

Hey y’all! We are planning a tentative trip for 7/17-7/24. Hotter than....but, that’s the way our schedules fell this year. Staying at CSR (love it there), travel party of me, my husband, our son, and his girlfriend. Joining in with fingers crossed that we get to go! Happy planning, everyone!
Howdy catfan98! Love love LOVE CSR, so gorgeous!!! And I think we've all got fingers crossed, too! :worship:
I am that crazy person that would stand in hot sun for the first concert of the day at Epcot and always stopped at the La Cava de Tequila for their children’s Piñata Drink... no alcohol...but fresh fruit drink that always lowered my body temp...I actually ordered 2 and tipped at bar to go! It is not on menu but I might ask the bartender next trip if they remember and can still make it!
Other option would be Joffreys fresh Peach Tree Ice tea and ask for extra cup of ice...I think Starbucks makes this also but prefer Joffreys.
I normally do not drink tea (which drove my English grandmother crazy)...but this also lowers body temp. I also carry a plain bandana to wet and wear around my neck( works better than those expensive cooling wraps they sell in parks) and cheaper!
I have NOT heard of that drink, but I'm adding a special trip to La Cava to try it out. That sounds delish!!!
June 29-July 4 at Grand Floridian
Welcome to our group! Are you going to try out the new walking path from GF to MK?
Hi Jenn can you please add us we’re heading to the Yacht Club 7/3/21-7/10/21.
We’re celebrating youngest DD’s graduation from college and finishing her first year as a high school Physical Science and ASL teacher.
Hello there! Added you and your amazing DD! HUGE congrats to her!!!

Howdy catfan98! Love love LOVE CSR, so gorgeous!!! And I think we've all got fingers crossed, too! :worship:

I have NOT heard of that drink, but I'm adding a special trip to La Cava to try it out. That sounds delish!!!

Welcome to our group! Are you going to try out the new walking path from GF to MK?

Hello there! Added you and your amazing DD! HUGE congrats to her!!!
Yes, we have hoppers so will be hopping to MK often.

Changed our dates to June 28-July 6 at Pop Century- we're so excited!

I've never spent the 4th of July at Disney before.. I'm a little nervous now about crowds after seeing how packed spring break got though!
We've done it- a few times. The best advice I have is to see the fireworks (if there are any?) at MK on the 3rd and then be at any other park on the 4th. We used to like watching Illuminations at Rose and Crown. That may all be different this year, though!

We've done it- a few times. The best advice I have is to see the fireworks (if there are any?) at MK on the 3rd and then be at any other park on the 4th. We used to like watching Illuminations at Rose and Crown. That may all be different this year, though!

Fingers crossed!! I booked the park pass reservation for Epcot on the 4th figuring if fireworks do happen... that's the most realistic park it'll happen at!

Gonna spend the morning/afternoon at the waterpark and do Epcot in the evening. Hopefully that's the best balance to avoid the larger crowds if it is real busy!

Hi - we have postponed our April 2020 trip to July 23! we will be doing a split stay from July 23-28 at Beach Club and July 28-Aug 1 at Polynesian. We can't wait and are so happy you started this thread!

Hi! I'm posting my dates and then going back and rereading this whole thread! So exciting!
My husband and I will be celebrating our (twice delayed) Disneymoon this July!

We will be at WDW from June 26th to July 11th! We are doing a split stay (DVC)! We will be at the Polynesian, Copper Creek Villas, and Animal Kingdom Lodge!

SO EXCITING!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter