***Official January 2023 Thread***

So if they are putting paid after hours events on Mondays and Wednesdays, those conflict with the Deluxe resort extra evening hours. Do we expect that these are going to overlap, or will Disney change the EEH deluxe timing? I have made park reservations based partly on taking advantage of the deluxe EEH, so I am hoping we get some clarity here. I would also like to do the HS EEH event, but then I miss out on the MK EEH potentially, if they don't change it.

Wondering if the After Hours events impact crowds at that park during the day. I realize the affected park will not close early to day guests, but since AH ticket holders can enter at 7pm, will that make the park definitely more crowded or not because people without AH tickets will either not go to that park at all or will hop out if they have Hopper tickets...

I was heading down for the Dis event this weekend and that didn't happen (obviously). DVC was great and credited my points back with no issues. I was hoping to reschedule for early December but there is very little availability, so January 4-9th at SSR it is.

So if they are putting paid after hours events on Mondays and Wednesdays, those conflict with the Deluxe resort extra evening hours. Do we expect that these are going to overlap, or will Disney change the EEH deluxe timing? I have made park reservations based partly on taking advantage of the deluxe EEH, so I am hoping we get some clarity here. I would also like to do the HS EEH event, but then I miss out on the MK EEH potentially, if they don't change it.
This is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Right now, the After Hours schedules have been set through March for MK and April for HS. So, if anything would change, it would be the Extra Evening Hours (which have only been set through December).

It looks like they left the door open for EEH to continue on its current schedule (by not putting one park's After Hours on the same potential night as its own EEH, even though certain nights could have both EEH and After Hours at different parks).

I would be prepared to pick one over the other!

Wondering if the After Hours events impact crowds at that park during the day. I realize the affected park will not close early to day guests, but since AH ticket holders can enter at 7pm, will that make the park definitely more crowded or not because people without AH tickets will either not go to that park at all or will hop out if they have Hopper tickets...
Curious as well. Personally, I wouldn't want to be at the park with an event if I could avoid it. If others feel the same, then it might be less crowded? However, it also assumes that visitors are savvy enough to know there is a nighttime event and would make effort to work around it.

I was heading down for the Dis event this weekend and that didn't happen (obviously). DVC was great and credited my points back with no issues. I was hoping to reschedule for early December but there is very little availability, so January 4-9th at SSR it is.
Welcome! You've been added!

Yes, as it stands, I will probably choose the DHS after hours over the MK deluxe hours, if it comes to that. My family really like Star Wars and thrill rides, so I think it's the better choice. I will still do the Epcot deluxe hours on Monday though, to get access to that second VQ for guardians.

Jumping over to the January thread from the September thread. We had a leftover park day from Hurricane Ian, so I'm going to bring my 5-year-old for a quick down-and-back trip to DHS. We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach for the Skyliner access from 1/17-1/19.

Taking a Mom & Son trip Jan 28-Feb 2. Can't wait! I have never taken my kids out of school for Disney so we only go during "peak" times when everyone is out. I'm really looking forward to hopefully fewer crowds. I will be combing through January posts to familiarize myself with what to expect. Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks!!

Happy New Year! Let's get to planning for 2023!

When you book, let us know when and where!

(Vacation packages starting January 1, 2023 opened for booking on June 8, 2022.)

:welcome:
Welcome all December, January, and February travelers who have some or all of their vacation in January!

New Year Roll Call

December 28 to January 4: xlsm (Poly)
December 28 to January 4: isabellea (POFQ, followed by RPR at Universal)
December 30 to January 7: DLmama (POFQ)
December 31 to January 6: ThereYouSeeHer (HHI, ASSp, then HHI again!)
December 31 to January 8: binab (SSR)
December 31 to January 10: coronationday (CR, YC, POFQ)
January 1 to January 6: Jimmy Mouse (RR)
January 4 to January 9: SteveW8002 (SSR)
January 5 to January 10: DisneyBelle27 (Pop)
January 5 to January 14: Mexacajun (OKW)
January 6 to January 11: eey777 (POFQ)
January 6 to January 14: jovicat (ASMo)
January 7 to January 21: 1437disney (ASMo)
January 8 to January 15: gorkt (BCV)
January 9 to January 19: texmarques (Pop)
January 10 to January 20: caketalks (POFQ)
January 11 to January 16: brewhome (AKV, CBR)
January 11 to January 18: SuperNEMOfan (Poly)
January 12 to January 16: Ohiostatefan606 (CBR)
January 14 to January 18: MamaJessie (SSR)
January 14 to January 21: tinkerjo (CCV)
January 16 to January 24: DisneyMama811 (AoA)
January 16 to January 25: Marrila (BWI)
January 16 to January 25: boredghost (CBR, STARCRUISER!, CR)
January 17 to January 24: vicarrieous (BCV)
January 17 to January 24: EmmaTrainor (AKL)
January 21 to January 28: Eeyoreparks (AKL)
January 21 to January 28: SheSingsAlong (BCV)
January 21 to January 28: d
isney-inspired (BCV)
January 21 to January 29: I🖤MICKEY (AKV)
January 22 to January 26: RottnGemma (ASSp, followed by a cruise on the Wish!)
January 22 to January 27: QueenofScott (CR)
January 22 to January 28: Lanadeldisney (Pop)
January 22 to February 1: CalOilerGurl (BLT and OKW)
January 23 to February 2: marij (Pop)
January 24 to January 28: VAtink (YC)
January 28 to February 4: KTwiegs (Pop)
January 28 to February 4: Letting It Go! (AoA)
January 29 to February 3: daisy_77 (Pop)
January 29 to February 4: Araminta18 (BC)
January 29 to February 4: Eeyore52 (CBR)
January 12 to January 17: mickeycw (WDL-Club level)

Jumping over to the January thread from the September thread. We had a leftover park day from Hurricane Ian, so I'm going to bring my 5-year-old for a quick down-and-back trip to DHS. We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach for the Skyliner access from 1/17-1/19.

Taking a Mom & Son trip Jan 28-Feb 2. Can't wait! I have never taken my kids out of school for Disney so we only go during "peak" times when everyone is out. I'm really looking forward to hopefully fewer crowds. I will be combing through January posts to familiarize myself with what to expect. Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks!!

January 12 to January 17: mickeycw (WDL-Club level)
The list is filling up! Welcome, everyone. You've been added!

Hi, we are going January 8-13 in a Cars Suite at AoA.

This will be me, DH, DD24, DD21 and her boyfriend. I think this is his first trip!

Things I'm thinking about-
Grocery delivery- never done it before but we will have the kitchenette and BF wants to save money on food

Genie+ - my girls being veteran parkgoers originally said not to pay for it. With BF not having been, I'm considering it for MK and HS. He will really be into the Star Wars rides.

Hoping for a discount to come out, and park hours!

Hi, we are going January 8-13 in a Cars Suite at AoA.

This will be me, DH, DD24, DD21 and her boyfriend. I think this is his first trip!

Things I'm thinking about-
Grocery delivery- never done it before but we will have the kitchenette and BF wants to save money on food

Genie+ - my girls being veteran parkgoers originally said not to pay for it. With BF not having been, I'm considering it for MK and HS. He will really be into the Star Wars rides.

Hoping for a discount to come out, and park hours!
I'm also waiting for park hours and trying to decide about Genie+. You've been added to the list!

We are double digit dancing today - 99 days to go! Like others, I am also contemplating Genie+ just for our Hollywood Studios day. We will be there on Sunday of MLK weekend so I think it might be worth it to get on our favorite rides at least once…
A bit comparing apples and oranges but we did have Genie+ for our Hollywood studios day in September, and we used it to great effect. We ended up buying an ILL for ROTR and using the first genie+ on Slinky dog and rope dropping Mickey's runaway railway. With early entry, we rode Mickey's runaway railway, toy story mania, alien swirling saucers, and slinky dog all in the first hour.

A bit comparing apples and oranges but we did have Genie+ for our Hollywood studios day in September, and we used it to great effect. We ended up buying an ILL for ROTR and using the first genie+ on Slinky dog and rope dropping Mickey's runaway railway. With early entry, we rode Mickey's runaway railway, toy story mania, alien swirling saucers, and slinky dog all in the first hour.
Awesome… thanks for sharing that!

FYI. Tickets for the After Hours parties are now on sale for resort guests (click the park names below for links).

Magic Kingdom

Event Date
Price (Excludes Tax)Price for Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members (Excludes Tax)
Monday, January 9, 2023$135$105
Monday, January 16, 2023$159$129
Monday, January 23, 2023$145$115
Thursday, February 16, 2023$159$129
Monday, February 20, 2023$159$129
Monday, February 27, 2023$155$125

Hollywood Studios

Event Date
Price (Excludes Tax)Price for Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members (Excludes Tax)
Wednesday, January 4, 2023$145$115
Wednesday, January 11, 2023$129$99
Wednesday, January 18, 2023$139$109
Wednesday, January 25, 2023$145$115
Wednesday, February 15, 2023$149$119
Wednesday, February 22, 2023$149$119

Happy New Year! Let's get to planning for 2023!

When you book, let us know when and where!

(Vacation packages starting January 1, 2023 opened for booking on June 8, 2022.)

:welcome:
Welcome all December, January, and February travelers who have some or all of their vacation in January!

New Year Roll Call

December 28 to January 4: xlsm (Poly)
December 28 to January 4: isabellea (POFQ, followed by RPR at Universal)
December 30 to January 7: DLmama (POFQ)
December 31 to January 6: ThereYouSeeHer (HHI, ASSp, then HHI again!)
December 31 to January 8: binab (SSR)
December 31 to January 10: coronationday (CR, YC, POFQ)
January 1 to January 6: Jimmy Mouse (RR)
January 4 to January 9: SteveW8002 (SSR)
January 5 to January 10: DisneyBelle27 (Pop)
January 5 to January 14: Mexacajun (OKW)
January 6 to January 11: eey777 (POFQ)
January 6 to January 14: jovicat (ASMo)
January 7 to January 21: 1437disney (ASMo)
January 8 to January 13: bjscheel (AoA, Cars suite!)
January 8 to January 15: gorkt (BCV)
January 9 to January 19: texmarques (Pop)
January 10 to January 20: caketalks (POFQ)
January 11 to January 16: brewhome (AKV, CBR)
January 11 to January 18: SuperNEMOfan (Poly)
January 12 to January 16: Ohiostatefan606 (CBR)
January 12 to January 17: mickeycw (WL, Club Level!)
January 14 to January 18: MamaJessie (SSR)
January 14 to January 21: tinkerjo (CCV)
January 16 to January 24: DisneyMama811 (AoA)
January 16 to January 25: Marrila (BWI)
January 16 to January 25: boredghost (CBR, STARCRUISER!, CR)
January 17 to January 19: wizardtho (CBR)
January 17 to January 24: vicarrieous (BCV)
January 17 to January 24: EmmaTrainor (AKL)
January 21 to January 28: Eeyoreparks (AKL)
January 21 to January 28: SheSingsAlong (BCV)
January 21 to January 28: d
isney-inspired (BCV)
January 21 to January 29: I🖤MICKEY (AKV)
January 22 to January 26: RottnGemma (ASSp, followed by a cruise on the Wish!)
January 22 to January 27: QueenofScott (CR)
January 22 to January 28: Lanadeldisney (Pop)
January 22 to February 1: CalOilerGurl (BLT and OKW)
January 23 to February 2: marij (Pop)
January 24 to January 28: VAtink (YC)
January 28 to February 2: jamie03 (Pop)
January 28 to February 4: KTwiegs (Pop)
January 28 to February 4: Letting It Go! (AoA)
January 29 to February 3: daisy_77 (Pop)
January 29 to February 4: Araminta18 (BC)
January 29 to February 4: Eeyore52 (CBR)
We just got super lucky!! Jan 11-Jan 15th at the Polynesian!!! Rooms finally opened up for our dates. First time ever not staying at WL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter