Official January 2015 Thread!!!

I'm thinking about a quick trip to WDW the week of January 18th. I know that there is a place where I can see what is listed as closed for maintenance during the month of January. The problem is that I don't remember where it is. Can anyone direct me please. Thanks.

Also, because I have never gone from DHS to Epcot in all my trips, where does one catch the boat to Epcot from DHS. Or is there one?

I love taking that boat! It's very relaxing, and fun. Unless they have changed the location, if memory serves correct, you exit the main gate at DHS, and take a jog to the left, and it's not far.

I also learned on the last trip that it is nice to walk from DHS to EP. anyone know if that is still doable? I can't imagine they would have blocked it off, but who knows with all of the construction?

I also learned on the last trip that it is nice to walk from DHS to EP. anyone know if that is still doable? I can't imagine they would have blocked it off, but who knows with all of the construction?

Still doable and a very easy walk too :goodvibes.

BTW we are finally doing the single digit dance....9 more days :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Hi, We just planned a last minute trip. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow! I apologize if this has already been covered but has anyone gotten fastpass + to Be our guest? I read somewhere that they usually become available around 27 days prior? I am having no luck? I found the link but nothing is available. Are they allowing walk ups at lunch or just fast passes? Thanks so much!

Hi, We just planned a last minute trip. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow! I apologize if this has already been covered but has anyone gotten fastpass + to Be our guest? I read somewhere that they usually become available around 27 days prior? I am having no luck? I found the link but nothing is available. Are they allowing walk ups at lunch or just fast passes? Thanks so much!

We've got a lunch FP for Sunday, Jan 25th that I booked around 27 days prior. Maybe all the FPs are gone for the dates you are there? I don't know how often they "sell out".

A bunch of BOG dinner ADRs just opened up for the last week in January, if that works for you. I know I saw at least 4 openings for 4pm or later on the 30th of January. Saw availability for the 26th & 29th as well.

A bunch of BOG dinner ADRs just opened up for the last week in January, if that works for you. I know I saw at least 4 openings for 4pm or later on the 30th of January. Saw availability for the 26th & 29th as well.

Thanks for letting us know. I just got a reservation for Jan 27th at 7:15. There was one for 4:05 as well but I thought that was to early so I grabbed the 7:15 one. I'm probably just going to get soup and dessert as I mostly want to meet the beast again. I meet him at the end of September but I wasn't feeling very good so it didn't turn out very well. :)

We leave one week from today :cool1, let me just say I am soooo looking forward to getting out of this frigid Chicago weather (right now it is 0 degrees outside) for a week. Saw the temperature for when we arrive in Orlando and as today, it says it will be 76 degrees that day :dancer:, however the thing that scares me is that there is 40% chance of snow in Chicago that is suppose to hit, I am praying that the snow comes after we take off....I do not want any planes to be delayed because I want to get OUTTA HERE!!!! :goodvibes.

We leave one week from today :cool1, let me just say I am soooo looking forward to getting out of this frigid Chicago weather (right now it is 0 degrees outside) for a week. Saw the temperature for when we arrive in Orlando and as today, it says it will be 76 degrees that day :dancer:, however the thing that scares me is that there is 40% chance of snow in Chicago that is suppose to hit, I am praying that the snow comes after we take off....I do not want any planes to be delayed because I want to get OUTTA HERE!!!! :goodvibes.

we're coming in from cleveland in just over a week, too. it's currently -5 here.

in looking at the forecast, though, we're a bit perplexed as to how to pack. most days are 50 to 70, so dress lightly but bring a hoodie. some days have a low in the 40's, though, and we are unsure as to how to dress and pack for that.

we're coming in from cleveland in just over a week, too. it's currently -5 here.

in looking at the forecast, though, we're a bit perplexed as to how to pack. most days are 50 to 70, so dress lightly but bring a hoodie. some days have a low in the 40's, though, and we are unsure as to how to dress and pack for that.

I hear ya, that is why I am packing a little bit of everything just to be on the safe side. My girls and I are planning to wear capri pants for most of the trip, however we are also bringing a pair of blue jeans for the colder days (the girls are also bringing 1 pair of yoga pants too). We are also bringing a couple of pullovers and hoodies and lots of t shirts, I figured that we could wear our hoodies or pullovers for the mornings and evenings, but when the sun is out and it gets warmer, we could just put them around our waists. Have a great trip.

We leave on Saturday! :cool1: Like nogreenworld and poohsfan1 I'm trying to figure out packing. We'll have layers, and if it gets really chilly at night we can use the winter coats we'll bring on the plane (I'm def leaving my long down coat at home though lol).

The best things to have are hats and gloves, we'll wear those with hoodies to keep off a chill at night. We were lucky to be at WDW in November and it was rainy and slightly cooler than I think it will be this upcoming weekend.

Happy packing everyone!

Packing nightmare!! I don't remember what 60-75 degrees feels like. My soon to be 2 year old has only known 85 degrees all her life.. How cold will she be? Is a hoodie enough? Are shorts too cold?
I want to plan cute little outfits for each day, but I'm soo lost! Guess it's time to go into storage and see if we have mittens hehe.

Packing nightmare!! I don't remember what 60-75 degrees feels like. My soon to be 2 year old has only known 85 degrees all her life.. How cold will she be? Is a hoodie enough? Are shorts too cold?
I want to plan cute little outfits for each day, but I'm soo lost! Guess it's time to go into storage and see if we have mittens hehe.

I will try over here to feel sorry for your predicament ;) LOL. We will be arriving on 1/24 and we went the same week last year. I'm hoping the weather is better this time. We started off our first full day with 80 degrees and the next day it was rain all day and never hit 50! It was quite the rainy cool trip.
But, if this helps: I packed a fleece and a rain jacket, a pair of jeans and a pair of capris and two days I wore the capris and the rest of the days I wore the jeans with a long sleeve t, fleece and rain jacket over it. Hoping for more of the t-shirt and capri weather this time :)

I will try over here to feel sorry for your predicament ;) LOL. We will be arriving on 1/24 and we went the same week last year. I'm hoping the weather is better this time. We started off our first full day with 80 degrees and the next day it was rain all day and never hit 50! It was quite the rainy cool trip. But, if this helps: I packed a fleece and a rain jacket, a pair of jeans and a pair of capris and two days I wore the capris and the rest of the days I wore the jeans with a long sleeve t, fleece and rain jacket over it. Hoping for more of the t-shirt and capri weather this time :)

Thanks!! Hehe ya getting there on the 20th less than a week to go. Except I'm not running from the cold like most people... I'm concerned we will freeze hehe. I had to order a fleece and a hoodie in for my princess and I ;)
AKL here we come!

Rain, then wind. We've been at SSR and BW for four days. Ponchos are adequate for most rain showers. Pack an extra pair of comfortable shoes in case you're caught in a downpour: one pair to wear while the other pair dries. Following a day of showers the weather changes, usually becoming windy and colder. Being prepared makes the days magical.

Rain, then wind. We've been at SSR and BW for four days. Ponchos are adequate for most rain showers. Pack an extra pair of comfortable shoes in case you're caught in a downpour: one pair to wear while the other pair dries. Following a day of showers the weather changes, usually becoming windy and colder. Being prepared makes the days magical.

If you can get access to newspapers, you can stick rolled up newspapers in your shoes and they'll dry overnight. It's like magic!!!! But the extra shoes isn't a bad idea either.

Well I finished all of our packing at least for now :rotfl:. I also checked the 10 day forecast and it looks like there will be a 90% chance of rain on Friday 1/23 which is also the day that we are going to AK :eek:, so I decided to switch out our AK day and our rest/resort hop day because I do not want to be walking around a cold wet AK since pretty much everything is outside. The only thing that is different that we are doing is that instead of Tusker House breakfast, we are going there for lunch which we like just the same :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter