Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

We're planning on cabbing back. I keep Mears' number on my cell in the event there aren't any cabs there after.

emacek

You may be able to hook up with someone at your resort that has a car. I've played cabbie more than once. :goodvibes

There are buses that run on a regular schedule to WWoS from Pop during the day. We're staying at AoA, too; I'll walk over to Pop to hop the bus for my packet pick-up.

Thanks for the heads up tiki23! :worship: I'll definitely be walking over the generation bridge to catch the bus to WWoS.

I'm in, can't believe it :woohoo:. Having booked the flights from the UK just to be put on the waitlist I was gutted, so relieved now.
Anyway, trying to get DW a ticket for the party and can't find the Will Call option, I'm a bit reluctant to add 50% to the cost of the ticket for overseas shipping :scared1: when the FAQ says I should be able to pick it up from the Expo.
Any info/help gratefully received.
TIA
David

Ahh, it's getting closer by the minute!! I can't wait to start training this week. I'm starting a little early because I'm so antsy to get it off the ground. I didn't have time last night to get a run in unfortunately, but this is the last time I will have that excuse. I can't wait!!

I'm in, can't believe it :woohoo:. Having booked the flights from the UK just to be put on the waitlist I was gutted, so relieved now.
Anyway, trying to get DW a ticket for the party and can't find the Will Call option, I'm a bit reluctant to add 50% to the cost of the ticket for overseas shipping :scared1: when the FAQ says I should be able to pick it up from the Expo.
Any info/help gratefully received.
TIA
David

We picked up our party tickets for the Expedition Everest Challenge earlier this month at the expo without any issues. Bringing a copy of the confirmation/receipt and photo ID should be enough to take care of it.

We picked up our party tickets for the Expedition Everest Challenge earlier this month at the expo without any issues. Bringing a copy of the confirmation/receipt and photo ID should be enough to take care of it.

It turns out, according to the RunDisney Sales Team that

"The Will-Call option is not available at this time due to the fact that the ticket is a commemorative hard ticket. Will-Call will be offered in the next tier of pricing."

This is certainly information that is beneficial to me, maybe someone else will find it useful too.

David

Is anyone dressing up the this race? I'm trying to decide on if I want to or not:confused3

Jennifer

YES!!! :thumbsup2 Minnie Mouse!!! Since this is a Halloween theme type of race, I'm kicking it old school, my favorite Halloween costume as a kid was my Minnie Mouse costume!! I bought the skirt on Sparkle Skirts, and got a black tank top at the Gap, and I ordered Minnie ears (the headband type), I even found yellow running shoes! I can't wait!! Dressing up at Disney races is the BEST!!! :woohoo:

I was either going to do minnie or a glow in the dark tink using the reflective yellow/green color.

Oh. Is Tron too out of style?
I hope not - Quorra is one of my thoughts for a MNSSHP costume this year!

No costume for me for the race, though. Late Sept. is still HOT down here, so I'll be in my lightest-weight running clothes. A gazillion glow-y bracelets are possible, though!

My sister and I will be dressing alike. We are going to keep it simple. My line of thinking is a HTH guest. I ran 12 miles today. I'm training for a half in June.

::yes:: I'm finding the thought of 10 miles a lot easier to digest now that I can visualize it in smaller increments, if that makes any sense. My longest run so far was 5.5 and then I had to back way off to nurse a bum Achilles. I'm working my way back up again, but 10 still sounds a little daunting, especially now that I'm running in the heat of a FL summer. :worried: I'm so tempted to stay inside on an AC'd treadmill, but I figure the more I run outside in the heat and humidity (not to mention the torrential downpour I ran through Wed. - it felt sooooo good!), the more ready I'll be for a late Sept. FL race. :thumbsup2

I am also training in the ridiculous Florida heat. Well lets say I'm supposed to be training. :rolleyes1 I just cant get myself motivated. I did 3 miles last Saturday at 6 am and was still sweating to death! UGH! I'm hoping to get motivated REAL soon! Anyways, Happy Training and I hope you heal up your Achilles real quick!! :cheer2:

I am also training in the ridiculous Florida heat. Well lets say I'm supposed to be training. :rolleyes1 I just cant get myself motivated. I did 3 miles last Saturday at 6 am and was still sweating to death! UGH! I'm hoping to get motivated REAL soon! Anyways, Happy Training and I hope you heal up your Achilles real quick!! :cheer2:

Thank you! It's much, much better now. :yay: I'll say this about sweating it out on runs down here: when every inch of your body is covered in sweat, there is no chafing! :rotfl2: I had to hit the treadmill last night due to a lot of lightning, otherwise I'd prefer to run in the rain. Bleh. Think I'd rather have taken my chances on the lightning. ;)

Happy training to you, too! Just think how FAST we'll be when it finally cools down! :woohoo:

Thank you! It's much, much better now. :yay: I'll say this about sweating it out on runs down here: when every inch of your body is covered in sweat, there is no chafing! :rotfl2: I had to hit the treadmill last night due to a lot of lightning, otherwise I'd prefer to run in the rain. Bleh. Think I'd rather have taken my chances on the lightning. ;)

Happy training to you, too! Just think how FAST we'll be when it finally cools down! :woohoo:

Training in the south...don't you just love it? It's a special kind of gross when you're out running in the heat and humidity and you get "splashed" by someone who's DRENCHED and passing you. :crazy2: ...and then you wonder how many people you've done the same to. Last summer was brutal and I'm sooooo not looking forward to this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter