Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

I am planning on signing up for the 5K (first race). Would I still be able to purchase the discounted tickets or is it just work the 10 Mile?

I think that it is for the 5k too. The link to the discounted tickets will come in your registration confirmation.

I was on the waitlist, but now I'm in! Time to get serious about my training. I'm excited and nervous. I've done 5k walks before, but I never ran a race. I'm thinking about finding a local race to get some practice about what to do, besides just running.

YAY!!!!! :yay: Just go the email that my waitlist for ToT has been turned into a registration... I am SO excited! :worship::worship: Thank you rundisney! I completed the Princess this year, I registered 7 weeks before it started and the race was 80% full. I just checked ToT and it was full by April. I am super glad I put myself on the waitlist because now I'm in!

Can't wait to start training! This one I'm excited about..

Great news for those on the wait list who are now registered! :cool1:

Did the registration open to a large number of wait-listed runners? I'm wondering what this increased number will mean for the after party. I love to run in large races but I'm wondering what DHS will be like when we all finish.

Did everyone just get an email from Active or did you get one from Run Disney? I got one from active that changed my status from Waitlist to registration and showed a charge of $105. Do I need anything else to get the room reservations and ticket discount?

I'm interested in when the people that recently got registered went on the waitlist? I only went on on 29th April. I thought it might give me an idea of how likely I am to get in.

TIA

David

I ran 11.62 miles today. Part of that mileage was a five minute cool down walk. I'm a little cold and stiff. My calves hurt, too. That could be aggravated by the arc trainer I did yesterday. Congrats to the new TOT racers!

Nothing better than new running shoes! Did about 6.5 miles on them today and it felt really good! With some lovely weather this weekend in store, I can see some distance in my future!!

I've been missing of the boards for probably like two years. But my waitlist just changed to accepted into this race so I had to come back and join the gang again.

Haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread, but wanted to give an update on the waitlist. I signed up on 4/24. I was at Nashville and asked the rundisney person about my chances of getting in and she said I had an 80% chance of getting in. Turns out she was right.

So excited! Can't wait to catch up with everyone on here.

I was on the waitlist, but now I'm in! Time to get serious about my training. I'm excited and nervous. I've done 5k walks before, but I never ran a race. I'm thinking about finding a local race to get some practice about what to do, besides just running.

I think that's a great idea! You'll feel much more comfortable if you've already experienced a race or two!

I was way too nervous about signing up for a longer race with us being in the parks 5 days before the race. So I'm doing the 5K in the morning and DH and I are going to the Villians Bash in the evening! :cool1: :cool1:

DH and I will be running this race. I just ran Everest over the weekend and had so much fun, even by myself!

I was on the waitlist, but decided to signup through travel company since DH was not on the waitlist with me. I emailed runDisney after registering through the travel company asking to be removed from waitlist. Clearly that email was not process because I received an email yesterday after work that I was confirmed. :confused3 Disney was very kind when I called and explained my situation-- they are supposed to refund my 2nd registration. :thumbsup2

Good luck to everyone waiting to get off the waitlist!

DH and I are starting serious training at end of May. We've been running (using Galloway method) for a couple of months. Very excited that Disney brought an incarnation of this race back. It was one of the reasons I started wanting to run Disney to begin with!

I just noticed that too :thumbsup2 Now its getting exciting!!!
::yes:: I'm finding the thought of 10 miles a lot easier to digest now that I can visualize it in smaller increments, if that makes any sense. My longest run so far was 5.5 and then I had to back way off to nurse a bum Achilles. I'm working my way back up again, but 10 still sounds a little daunting, especially now that I'm running in the heat of a FL summer. :worried: I'm so tempted to stay inside on an AC'd treadmill, but I figure the more I run outside in the heat and humidity (not to mention the torrential downpour I ran through Wed. - it felt sooooo good!), the more ready I'll be for a late Sept. FL race. :thumbsup2

I was way too nervous about signing up for a longer race with us being in the parks 5 days before the race. So I'm doing the 5K in the morning and DH and I are going to the Villians Bash in the evening! :cool1: :cool1:
Based on what I felt with the EEC, I think that's a really good call! I was only at WDW a day before the EEC, but it was a HOT day with lots of park touring and man oh man, did I feel it by the time the race started. No way could I have pulled off more than a 5K on my sore, swollen, angry feet!

Waitlisters: How long did it take you to get the confirmation email after your card was charged?

I *think* DH got in because I was charged $105 to my card by active.com yesterday, but we don't have a confirmation e-mail yet. This means an extra week in the world for the whole family, not just me, so I have to get on the budgeting train to figure it all out. I just don't want to book the week at AOA :-)cool1:) without a confirmation e-mail from active.com!

I agree about it being a whole lotta highway. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping for more miles in a park. I guess the run through the Wide World of Sports takes the place of park mileage. That might be fun since I've never been there. I also noticed the big, long out and back. I really hope to see lots of runners heading toward Animal Kingdom when I'm on my way back. lol

I will also add, though, what I like is that the most exciting miles are the ones at the end. With the exception of 1 mile, almost the whole last half of the race is inside something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter