Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Bus at Pop? Does the SSR bus stop at Pop?
No. I think the responder though you were staying at Pop rather than SSR. You route would be the same from SSR:
- bus to MK
- boat to FW
- internal bus to Tri-Circke

Buses only run from the resorts to the parks and Disney Springs. Buses do not run from resort to resort unless they share a route (e.g. All Stsrs)

Last edited:
No. I think the responder though you were staying at Pop rather than SSR. You route would be the same from SSR:
- bus to MK
- boat to FW
- internal bus to Tri-Circke

Buses only run from the resorts to the parks and Disney Springs. Buses do not run from resort to resort unless they share a route (e.g. All Stsrs)
ok thanks. I thought I'd missed something.

Anyone have an estimate on the distance / time to walk from HS and Epcot to Swan Reserve?

Does anyone know of a thread that has pictures of the pedestrian crossings over (or under, I think?) Buena Vista drive between Swan and Hollywood Studios? Also, any idea what the crossing will be like from Swan Reserve to Swan? Looks like just a crosswalk but is there a light there or are they building a pedway? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of a thread that has pictures of the pedestrian crossings over (or under, I think?) Buena Vista drive between Swan and Hollywood Studios? Also, any idea what the crossing will be like from Swan Reserve to Swan? Looks like just a crosswalk but is there a light there or are they building a pedway? Thanks in advance.
There was a thread with a video of the walk from the Speedway gas station to DHS, but I don't think I've seen any from the Swan to DHS. However, I know there's a walkway along the Swan side of the canal. I believe it goes up to Buena Vista Drive, crosses over the bridge there, then goes down to a fork where it goes to the walkway on the Boardwalk side of the canal and finally goes under the bridge to end at DHS. On Google Maps satellite view it's visible, and there even seems to be a fence or barrier between the walkway and the roadway when it crosses the bridge. Hopefully this link will work: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3625354,-81.5553061,403m/data=!3m1!1e3.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the crossing to the Swan Reserve.

The Reserve is on the opposite side of Epcot Resort Blvd as the Swan and Dolphin. There is a crosswalk and you would need to walk between the S&D to the sidewalk behind The Boardwalk. Then you stay on that sidewalk all the way to Studios without having to cross any roads. Or take the Friendship boat from the S&D launch.

Hi everyone, wondering what folks think the chances are of being able to watch MK fireworks at 8 PM (in November), leaving immediately after, and then being able to get Epcot via monorail before it closes at 10 PM. Reason being is I’m traveling with my sister who will be on a scooter and we’re trying to avoid the bus/scooter scenario at all costs, esp right at park close. We’re staying at Boardwalk so that would be a much easier scenario for us than dealing with the bus scooter lines etc.

Hi everyone, wondering what folks think the chances are of being able to watch MK fireworks at 8 PM (in November), leaving immediately after, and then being able to get Epcot via monorail before it closes at 10 PM. Reason being is I’m traveling with my sister who will be on a scooter and we’re trying to avoid the bus/scooter scenario at all costs, esp right at park close. We’re staying at Boardwalk so that would be a much easier scenario for us than dealing with the bus scooter lines etc.
After MK fireworks end, the lines to get on the monorail to TTC, whether resort or express, will be slammed, whether or not MK closes at the same time (parents trying to get small kids to bed, etc.). So if you do this, be sure to watch the MK fireworks from in front of the train station, as far away from the hub as you can get, so that y'all can be among the first to get in line for the monorail. Be aware that you won't be the only people trying to do this, and of course your sister will have issues with people pushing in front of her scooter and otherwise slowing her down. Given that you'll have maybe an hour and a half to make the journey from MK to Epcot, you might make it, but it will be tight. The crowds are just too much. An alternative would be to take the monorail to TTC before the fireworks begin and then watch the fireworks from the ferry dock, which has a great view of the castle and the music/narration is piped in. You'll miss the projections on the castle but will be able to board the Epcot monorail in advance of a lot of the crowd coming from MK.

Personally my thought is if you watch the fireworks from close to the train station you will easily make it to Epcot by 10PM.

It would be nice if there were an easier for folks with mobility issues to way to get from the Epcot entrance to the world showcase.

no mobility issues here, but I like to avoid the busses. Just personal preference

Is it true that it’s better to take the resort monorail (as that also stops at the TTS?) to make the switch to Epcot, ad more people will be getting on the non-resort monorail?
Possibly. Does anyone know the ratio of monorails that they run on the resort line compared to the main TTC - MK line?

Is it true that it’s better to take the resort monorail (as that also stops at the TTS?) to make the switch to Epcot, ad more people will be getting on the non-resort monorail?
The resort monorail stops at CR (and will take time to discharge hordes of people and probably board some, too) before it goes to TTC. The express goes directly to TTC, although it might have to pause if there’s monorail traffic in the GF or Poly stations.

I just wanted to give an update to your question. There are new traffic lights being installed at the crosswalk on Epcot Center Drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter