***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Same here It was on my bucket list so we are doing 2 nights at the end of our stay :)
Ooooo two!

I realized last year that I gotta start ticking them bucket list items off. So I stayed at three different WDW hotels and went on some rides that I have not been on.

I have a "Disney" list that is over a page long. Disneyland Hotel and seeing the overlay of the Haunted Mansion are two that I will be able to check off later this year.

Ooooo two!

I realized last year that I gotta start ticking them bucket list items off. So I stayed at three different WDW hotels and went on some rides that I have not been on.

I have a "Disney" list that is over a page long. Disneyland Hotel and seeing the overlay of the Haunted Mansion are two that I will be able to check off later this year.
The overlay is SO good. Our first trip
Was during Christmas so it's actually the first way I ever experienced haunted mansion. I love the OG.. but the overlay is just fantastic.

I hope you guys are getting more and more excited for your trips!

Our weekend Disney movie nights have been great and definitely help with the increase in excitement. We've had a couple duds... the food I made for Pirates wasn't the best... and we randomly chose 3 movies in a row that I'd decided to do kabobs and rice for. Thus far our Alice in Wonderland tea party has been unmatched. We just watched Cars after probably.. I don't know, 5 or 6 years of seeing it and Chris and I were both like "omg they really did model the park so well after the movie!" :rotfl:

I'd forgotten about getting tickets the other day (our 120 day mark) and when I saw the California resident summer sale I got so happy! ...til I see the end date is like a week before our trip, it just wasn't meant to be :upsidedow

We're going October 20th-24th! Still deciding on a hotel (we have one booked on Harbor but I'm leaning towards doing GCH...we shall see!). We are planning on doing two Halloween parties. So much fun! We're super excited.

I just graduated with my master's and started my career. Because of this I can't reasonably take time off until the fourth quarter of the year, so this trip is something to look forward to. We're saving up (both vacay time and $$) to do a couple bigger trips at the end of the year.

I am staying at the DLH for one night only. September 17th. They only had view rooms. And NO it was not a bargain. But It was on my Disney bucket list.

Same here It was on my bucket list so we are doing 2 nights at the end of our stay :)

Be warned: once you stay at the DLH you will want to stay again lol

It was my bucket list too and I got to do this past March. We thought we would stay the one time, but we already have a room booked for December of this year haha. So magical!

It was my bucket list too and I got to do this past March. We thought we would stay the one time, but we already have a room booked for December of this year haha. So magical!

IDK, the Grand has my heart. Once I stayed there, I have never stayed anywhere else. We'll see. :rolleyes:

I hope you guys are getting more and more excited for your trips!

Our weekend Disney movie nights have been great and definitely help with the increase in excitement. We've had a couple duds... the food I made for Pirates wasn't the best... and we randomly chose 3 movies in a row that I'd decided to do kabobs and rice for. Thus far our Alice in Wonderland tea party has been unmatched. We just watched Cars after probably.. I don't know, 5 or 6 years of seeing it and Chris and I were both like "omg they really did model the park so well after the movie!" :rotfl:

I'd forgotten about getting tickets the other day (our 120 day mark) and when I saw the California resident summer sale I got so happy! ...til I see the end date is like a week before our trip, it just wasn't meant to be :upsidedow
This sounds so fun, having movies and food to match.

We often do a family movie night with Pizza but I like the idea of a Alice tea party.

I thought I posted in here before, but apparently not 😁

We're booked into the Hojo from October 11th - 17th. We've got 4 days at the parks and I'm debating adding a day at Universal, as I haven't been since I was a kid and the rest of my family have never been. (Adding Universal only came to me today, so definitely still in the researching whether it's worth it phase).

Don't know yet whether we're going to do OBB, but I'm leaning towards it, dependent on price.

Lots of us going around mid October!!! Deff preparing for crowds and feeling good about our decision to stay on site. I am sure other folks chose the dates like we did because the kids have some days off school.

Speaking of on-site- this is my weekly rant that OBB dates would be nice AND early entry info would be nice. our reservations open in 3 days!! Right now I am planning as if OBB is sticking with its same pattern and Early entry following the same pattern..

Lots of us going around mid October!!! Deff preparing for crowds and feeling good about our decision to stay on site. I am sure other folks chose the dates like we did because the kids have some days off school.

Speaking of on-site- this is my weekly rant that OBB dates would be nice AND early entry info would be nice. our reservations open in 3 days!! Right now I am planning as if OBB is sticking with its same pattern and Early entry following the same pattern..
Okay, I was wondering this too! I assume you need to make your park reservations for your starting park with whichever park has early entry that day to take advantage...right?

Yay - Our first Sept person! lol

Flights are ridiculous. Where are you flying out of? I'm in Denver and it's crazy to fly anywhere from here. I did stalk Southwest flights and got a decent deal, but normal rates are just stupid for a short trip to a popular place.

I'm undecided on ADRs. Not a lot appeals to me. We might do Blue Bayou strictly for the experience but the food doesn't excite me so we'll just be going for dessert.

I'm with you on the churros! I want them all!!

I’m not sure what your flight situation is, but Southwest has nonstop from Denver to LGB for $54 each way for our dates in late September and early October. I think it’s a huge fall sale. We had already booked our flights at a higher rate a while back, but I was able to get back around $200 in flight credits.

So, we have updated our plans for our September trip (First time DLC for me and my granddaughter. Passholders at WDW). We added a day/night and will now be staying at Sheraton Park from 09/14 to 09/18. We have our tickets, park reservations, and G+ all set and ready to go. I have been doing plenty of research on the parks and stuff like transportation. I am sure I will have plenty of questions coming up, but for now I am just excited. :)

Hi! I'm new to this thread, but I commented on the Oogie Boogie Bash thread.

We are going to Disneyland September 22 - 25th. Hoping there is an OBB on Thursday 9/22, that's our plan. Then 2 full days in the parks. We have Enchant Magic Keys and drive over from Phoenix. We currently have reservations at Desert Inn and Suites, which is one of our go-to's. (We're on a budget) Counting down the days until I make our park reservations - I think it's June 25th.

Also waiting for the OBB announcements! We went last year and it was really fun! But we were only there for the party, no other park days since we had plans to come back for Christmas and upgrade to Magic Keys. So the party went by so fast since we were trying to get attraction time in. The waits weren't terrible (this was pre-Genie) but we ended up getting stuck on Webslingers for a while, so that ate up an hour. We only did two treat trails but we got a ton of candy. I just loved the atmosphere! We previously went to the party in Disneyland, I think in 2016.

:-)

I'm back to debating my hotel choice. I managed to snag a 10k entry for the 2023 Marathon Weekend in WDW for January. Cost of the trip for DH and I (no kids!) is the same price as the upgrade to the DL Hotel. So I think we're going to cancel that and keep the reservation at The Westin.

I just booked our reservations for 9/24-9/29 hoping that we can land an Oogie Boogie for 9/25 if they have them on the Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday schedule like previous years. We are also waiting to see if The Candy Cane Inn will be open during our stay.

Im right there with you! We stayed in Sept last year and now don't want to stay anywhere else... its completely ruined us! I've stayed at the Grand 2 times before but I'm in love with DLH! We have 2 trips coming up and we're staying at DLH.

I’m not sure what your flight situation is, but Southwest has nonstop from Denver to LGB for $54 each way for our dates in late September and early October. I think it’s a huge fall sale. We had already booked our flights at a higher rate a while back, but I was able to get back around $200 in flight credits.
We booked this same deal! My daughter lives in Denver, CO and we got that same deal for her under the Southwest 40% off sale for fall flights.

Count us in. We will be staying at DLH from 9/15-9/18 and are hoping for OBB party either 9/15 or 9/16. Not sure on costumes yet. Last year we dressed up as haunted mansion characters. I was a ghost host, my daughter was the ballerina and my cousing was the bride. This year will just me and my daughter. She's all grown so it's a girls trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter