Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI! Here is my review of the Groom's Cake that I ordered. We got married on the Disney Dream on Jan 20, 2014. We were at WDW for 3 nights before the cruise and had a Welcome/Sail Away dinner at 'Ohanas the night before the cruise left. We were a party of 10. I surprised my finance with this Groom's cake. I placed my order with Pat at the GF Bakery. She was wonderful to work with. I started emailing her in June or July and she came up with a very cute idea but my question of whether they could do a treasure chest shaped cake was never answered and it was always on the back of my mind! When I contacted her at the end of October, to place my order, I was originally going with her idea of a pirate themed cake with a chocolate gang plank with a chocolate Mickey and Minnie ( it went with our Save The Date that I sent her), but I then decide to ask if they could do a treasure chest cake filled with coins. She put me on hold to find out. When she came back she stated yes they could. So I got a vanilla cake, with peanut butter cup filling in the shape of a treasure chest filled with coins and a banner that said I found my Treasure to be delivered to 'Ohanas!

We were blown away…

All the staff and guests were amazed with this cake! I must say it tasted much better than our wedding cake on the ship! I wish we could've enjoyed it more, it was A LOT of cake! I am looking forward to working with Pat and the GF bakery team again. Next time I will definitely order it earlier in the trip. I did send a confirmation email about a week out to confirm the order. I believe I paid around $260, which was paid in advanced!

HI! Here is my review of the Groom's Cake that I ordered. We got married on the Disney Dream on Jan 20, 2014. We were at WDW for 3 nights before the cruise and had a Welcome/Sail Away dinner at 'Ohanas the night before the cruise left. We were a party of 10. I surprised my finance with this Groom's cake. I placed my order with Pat at the GF Bakery. She was wonderful to work with. I started emailing her in June or July and she came up with a very cute idea but my question of whether they could do a treasure chest shaped cake was never answered and it was always on the back of my mind! When I contacted her at the end of October, to place my order, I was originally going with her idea of a pirate themed cake with a chocolate gang plank with a chocolate Mickey and Minnie ( it went with our Save The Date that I sent her), but I then decide to ask if they could do a treasure chest cake filled with coins. She put me on hold to find out. When she came back she stated yes they could. So I got a vanilla cake, with peanut butter cup filling in the shape of a treasure chest filled with coins and a banner that said I found my Treasure to be delivered to 'Ohanas! We were blown away…http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/j...Jan20182C2062045205820PM_zps61b04f37.jpg.html http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/j...Jan20182C2062045204120PM_zps3905621f.jpg.htmlhttp://s1278.photobucket.com/user/j...Jan20182C2062047205520PM_zps0ac64985.jpg.html All the staff and guests were amazed with this cake! I must say it tasted much better than our wedding cake on the ship! I wish we could've enjoyed it more, it was A LOT of cake! I am looking forward to working with Pat and the GF bakery team again. Next time I will definitely order it earlier in the trip. I did send a confirmation email about a week out to confirm the order. I believe I paid around $260, which was paid in advanced!

Amazing cake!!

HI! Here is my review of the Groom's Cake that I ordered. We got married on the Disney Dream on Jan 20, 2014. We were at WDW for 3 nights before the cruise and had a Welcome/Sail Away dinner at 'Ohanas the night before the cruise left. We were a party of 10. I surprised my finance with this Groom's cake. I placed my order with Pat at the GF Bakery. She was wonderful to work with. I started emailing her in June or July and she came up with a very cute idea but my question of whether they could do a treasure chest shaped cake was never answered and it was always on the back of my mind! When I contacted her at the end of October, to place my order, I was originally going with her idea of a pirate themed cake with a chocolate gang plank with a chocolate Mickey and Minnie ( it went with our Save The Date that I sent her), but I then decide to ask if they could do a treasure chest cake filled with coins. She put me on hold to find out. When she came back she stated yes they could. So I got a vanilla cake, with peanut butter cup filling in the shape of a treasure chest filled with coins and a banner that said I found my Treasure to be delivered to 'Ohanas! We were blown away…http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/j...Jan20182C2062045205820PM_zps61b04f37.jpg.html http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/j...Jan20182C2062045204120PM_zps3905621f.jpg.htmlhttp://s1278.photobucket.com/user/j...Jan20182C2062047205520PM_zps0ac64985.jpg.html All the staff and guests were amazed with this cake! I must say it tasted much better than our wedding cake on the ship! I wish we could've enjoyed it more, it was A LOT of cake! I am looking forward to working with Pat and the GF bakery team again. Next time I will definitely order it earlier in the trip. I did send a confirmation email about a week out to confirm the order. I believe I paid around $260, which was paid in advanced!

That is AMAZING!!

That is AMAZING!!

Amazing cake!!

Thank you very much! I was beyond happy with the cake! Plus, it was a big surprise for Raphael. He had no idea! I was glad that the staff was able to keep it a secret! The manager, who I met the night before at my Bachelorette party, walked us to our table and I was able to ask him on the side if the cake was there and he said it was amazing! I was so excited!

Thank you very much! I was beyond happy with the cake! Plus, it was a big surprise for Raphael. He had no idea! I was glad that the staff was able to keep it a secret! The manager, who I met the night before at my Bachelorette party, walked us to our table and I was able to ask him on the side if the cake was there and he said it was amazing! I was so excited!

That cake is awesome, it doesn't even really look like a cake! Pat is so talented.

Wow! Love that treasure chest cake!

Question for all your cake veterans! I just ordered a cake to be served at the Yachtsman for my husband's 40th birthday. The girl who I ordered from was very nice but didn't ask a lot of question when I was looking for more of a detailed conversation. I asked for a 6" cake but she said they couldn't do a vanilla cake with chocolate filling. So I went to 8" where she said I could do that. But according to the first post, that isn't available? I DO NOT want a Sara Lee cake. Do I change the order? Call back and confirm?

I also ordered a chocolate Mickey to go on top. She said full painted is $150 so decided to just do silver for $35. Combined it was $69 she said. I also asked her to go crazy with the 40th birthday decorations and she said she put down "40th birthday decorations". I don't want a plain old cake. Any recommendations? I thought giving them some ideas and letting them run with it would be good idea...but does the Yacht and Beach Club Dining just do basic cakes?

Question for all your cake veterans! I just ordered a cake to be served at the Yachtsman for my husband's 40th birthday. The girl who I ordered from was very nice but didn't ask a lot of question when I was looking for more of a detailed conversation. I asked for a 6" cake but she said they couldn't do a vanilla cake with chocolate filling. So I went to 8" where she said I could do that. But according to the first post, that isn't available? I DO NOT want a Sara Lee cake. Do I change the order? Call back and confirm?

Disney doesn't outsource its 6-inch basic cakes, but they do sometimes taste like Sara Lee. :) For some reason the Yacht Club won't let you do mousse fillings in anything smaller than an 8-inch cake, only frosting. But it sounds like they're flexible with chocolate vs. vanilla on the 8-inchers, so that's good at least—I'll amend the post on the first page.

I also ordered a chocolate Mickey to go on top. She said full painted is $150 so decided to just do silver for $35. Combined it was $69 she said. I also asked her to go crazy with the 40th birthday decorations and she said she put down "40th birthday decorations". I don't want a plain old cake. Any recommendations? I thought giving them some ideas and letting them run with it would be good idea...but does the Yacht and Beach Club Dining just do basic cakes?

They've turned out plenty of elaborate cakes, but the only way to be sure of what you're getting is to send in photos. Otherwise you're taking your chances on what the pastry chef thinks "go crazy" means. Over the years I've seen equal numbers of ecstatic and disappointed posts in situations where the design was left completely up to Disney. I don't think your cake will look bad, but it could turn out to be more restrained or classy looking than wild, over-the-top celebratory.

can anyone tell me where i can get a dairy free cake from? Preferably just a small cake/cupcake? Its my ds birthday whilst we are out there in 3 weeks and i want him to have something i can put a candle in. We are on the dining plan so would of had enough of desserts by then but have to keep up the tradition :thumbsup2

Hiya, was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm very last minute and hopeful but worried!

I'm having a wedding vow renewal at Disney next month and would love to have a mini wedding cake to share with my husband. We are staying at Coronado Springs and will be eating at Akershus that evening.

First question is what are my options? Can I have a cake delivered to our room or Akershus? Is it too late to even contemplate now? (3 weeks away)

Secondly, how do I go about it? Is it possible to arrange by email rather than phone? It's so expensive to call from the UK!

It only needs to be simple, just something to mark the occasion with really :) though raspberry mousse would be yum... lol!

I'm having a wedding vow renewal at Disney next month and would love to have a mini wedding cake to share with my husband. We are staying at Coronado Springs and will be eating at Akershus that evening.

First question is what are my options? Can I have a cake delivered to our room or Akershus? Is it too late to even contemplate now? (3 weeks away)

It's not too late. Your options and the phone number to call are listed in Post #2 of this thread. Unfortunately, only the Magic Kingdom has an email address you can use to order. Coronado and Epcot require you to call. I think Akershus is going to be the better bet for a mini cake—Coronado has only a few standard options and none of them are 2-tier mini cakes.

Disney doesn't outsource its 6-inch basic cakes, but they do sometimes taste like Sara Lee. :) For some reason the Yacht Club won't let you do mousse fillings in anything smaller than an 8-inch cake, only frosting. But it sounds like they're flexible with chocolate vs. vanilla on the 8-inchers, so that's good at least—I'll amend the post on the first page.

They've turned out plenty of elaborate cakes, but the only way to be sure of what you're getting is to send in photos. Otherwise you're taking your chances on what the pastry chef thinks "go crazy" means. Over the years I've seen equal numbers of ecstatic and disappointed posts in situations where the design was left completely up to Disney. I don't think your cake will look bad, but it could turn out to be more restrained or classy looking than wild, over-the-top celebratory.

lurkyloo, thank you so much! I feel much better about it now! I may still call to confirm in a week and ask for an email to send some ideas to. Thank you again!!!

Is there still no mini cake option available for AKL? There's only two of us and we will only be staying at WDW for 2 full days before we go on our cruise on the Dream. I can't fathom eating a 6 or 8 inch cake all by ourselves. The sugar rush will be killer!

Just another option to throw out there. I decided to go with an off-site non-Disney bakery this time, since we're staying in a vacation house. I didn't really want a cake at dinner. i wanted one I could just have there in the house waiting to surprise my friend when he arrives. I did some searching and found this place. I found it on the weddings board.

http://itstastytoo.com/Its_Tasty_Too/Welcome.html

I contacted them and this is what I'm getting. Price is $40, which I thought was very reasonable.

-2 tier cake (4" and 6") to serve 14
-peanut butter cake with fudge filling
-black, purple, and bright green Maleficent colors and theme for the frosting
-sculpted Maleficent horns and silver roses on top of the cake
-"Happy 21st Birthday to the Mistress of All Evil" written on the cake

I can either pick it up at their shop, or for an additional $30 they will deliver anywhere in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista area, including the Disney resorts.

Just thought this might be a good option for some of you who want a fancy looking cake in your room at a reasonable price. :)

It's not too late. Your options and the phone number to call are listed in Post #2 of this thread. Unfortunately, only the Magic Kingdom has an email address you can use to order. Coronado and Epcot require you to call. I think Akershus is going to be the better bet for a mini cake—Coronado has only a few standard options and none of them are 2-tier mini cakes.

Thank you very much :) I will see if I can find one of those numbers to make cheap overseas calls :thumbsup2 Do you know if I get any/many options of what the cake will be like? There's a whole list on page one, but I'm not sure how much applies to the small cakes or cakes at Epcot.

Is there still no mini cake option available for AKL? There's only two of us and we will only be staying at WDW for 2 full days before we go on our cruise on the Dream. I can't fathom eating a 6 or 8 inch cake all by ourselves. The sugar rush will be killer!

OK, it turns out AKL now offers a simple one-tier mini cake in chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream, covered in chocolate ganache. They also now want 5-7 days' notice for custom cakes, but it sounds like the mini may be considered a standard cake.

Thank you very much :) I will see if I can find one of those numbers to make cheap overseas calls :thumbsup2 Do you know if I get any/many options of what the cake will be like? There's a whole list on page one, but I'm not sure how much applies to the small cakes or cakes at Epcot.

If you check out the Epcot-specific details in the second post of this thread, it lists their standard flavors, but it never hurts to ask about additional flavors. Most places limit the flavor options for mini cakes, though, even the Grand Floridian.

Quick question-it has been awhile since I've been on this thread. Had a friend who was going to order a cake for their daughter for her birthday and have it delivered to the GF during character breakfast. Now they have to cancel the breakfast.

They are not staying onsite their first nite, but only time they can do cake with everybody. If they order the cake still from GF can they pick it up? If not which ones can they pick up from-Boardwalk?

They were wanting a Minnie cake for her birthday and don't know if they do the Minnie head version anymore.

So, if they can't pick up anywhere wasn't there a place someone had recommended off site for those staying off site?

'Thanks

Quick question-it has been awhile since I've been on this thread. Had a friend who was going to order a cake for their daughter for her birthday and have it delivered to the GF during character breakfast. Now they have to cancel the breakfast.

They are not staying onsite their first nite, but only time they can do cake with everybody. If they order the cake still from GF can they pick it up? If not which ones can they pick up from-Boardwalk?

They were wanting a Minnie cake for her birthday and don't know if they do the Minnie head version anymore.

So, if they can't pick up anywhere wasn't there a place someone had recommended off site for those staying off site?

'Thanks

There's a post from me one page back (page 5) about where we're getting our off-site cake. We're very excited about it!

After reading all of the cake threads on here, and trying to do as much resersach as possible, I'm finally posting my very first post. :) In about 3 weeks, we will be celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday by taking a Wishes fireworks cruise. I definitely want to order her a special birthday cake, because turning 5 is a pretty big deal, ::yes:: but I want to make sure I know exactly what I'm supposed to do.

The boat is leaving from the Contemporary boat dock, so they told me when I scheduled the cruise that any special dining orders would come from the Contemporary. Do I need to call the cake hotline first, and then call the Contemporary's cake line or do I just contact the Contemporary from the very beginning? If I go directly to the Contemporary, is it better to call them or email them? I have two pictures for what I'm looking for so I'm not sure what my best option would be.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter