***Official December 2022 Thread***

We leave bright and early Saturday morning (5 am flight!) and I am not feeling ready and am honestly not really excited about this trip. I used to be able to do all the planning and stressing beforehand and then just enjoy the results of that planning once I got there and “relax” but now the stressing and planning won’t end once we get there thanks to stupid g+.
I'm leaving on Saturday too! I'm always a bundle of nerves until I'm on the plane, and then vacation mode kicks in. I hope the same happens for you, and once you're there you'll be able to relax.

Leaving Friday morning! I can't wait I really need this vacation! I don't even care if the kids want to stay at the pool the whole time.
Ah, the age old fight of luring them out of the pool to go to a park! Hope you have a great trip!

we're doing a split stay Disney/Universal trip starting 12/14. I'm trying to decide if I should make my HS day 12/15 instead of 12/16 to take advantage of the extended hours? Not sure how the extra hours will affect the crowds.

We’re heading down this weekend (Fri) as well. We’ve been through all kinds of viruses since our 3 year old started school full time in Aug (7 different; I had RSV+COVID mid Sept). I think we’re going through the flu (took flu shots so it’s mild) since last week so we should all recover by our trip; We will wear masks on the flight (don’t want to deal with any new virus) and indoors.

We really need some change of scenery. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and we can have a great time. We’re planning a lot of pool time and most likely skipping parks 12/3 and hitting US/IOA on 12/4 (first time). A little nervous and excited.

we're doing a split stay Disney/Universal trip starting 12/14. I'm trying to decide if I should make my HS day 12/15 instead of 12/16 to take advantage of the extended hours? Not sure how the extra hours will affect the crowds.
Reports I've seen indicate that the extended hours don't have much of an impact on the crowds since it's only deluxe resorts that are eligible.

We are heading out Saturday as well! I am curious about the weather. I know it's going to be 80 which for someone from the Pacific Northwest that seems very hot, but what I'm curious about is the humidity. I've only been the end of September beginning of October and the humidity was frightful. Is it as humid in December? The 80 and humidity felt like 200 to me in October.

We are heading out Saturday as well! I am curious about the weather. I know it's going to be 80 which for someone from the Pacific Northwest that seems very hot, but what I'm curious about is the humidity. I've only been the end of September beginning of October and the humidity was frightful. Is it as humid in December? The 80 and humidity felt like 200 to me in October.
We are at WDW right now and the weather is beautiful and not humid. It isn’t usually humid this time of year. We aren’t supposed to have any rain this week.

We are at WDW right now and the weather is beautiful and not humid. It isn’t usually humid this time of year. We aren’t supposed to have any rain this week.
Do you need a jacket? We will have winter coats with us (for 5 people). I wasn’t sure weather I should pack shorts for the kids or pants.

One time when we travelled the temps suddenly dropped to mid 50s from a forecasted upper 70s-80. Epcot was sold out of blankets but I was able to go to the Star Wars area and grab a baby yoda blanket.

Last edited:
I'll be there December 3-10 at POR. I'm going with my parents, my brother, his wife, and their two kids. My husband has been twice and he'll say that's 1.5 times too many. He's a turd, but I love him.

ANYHOO! I am OVER THE MOON about the forecast for next week...bring on the shorts and flip flops!!!

I wish I could find someone who will also be at POR who can French braid. Neither my mom nor my SIL can. *I* can for other people, but I have bad shoulders and can't do them for myself. 😭

I'll be there December 3-10 at POR. I'm going with my parents, my brother, his wife, and their two kids. My husband has been twice and he'll say that's 1.5 times too many. He's a turd, but I love him.

ANYHOO! I am OVER THE MOON about the forecast for next week...bring on the shorts and flip flops!!!

I wish I could find someone who will also be at POR who can French braid. Neither my mom nor my SIL can. *I* can for other people, but I have bad shoulders and can't do them for myself. 😭
The Four seasons spa can do that. Ivy trellis at GF is now Bobbidi Bobbidi and appts might be hard to get.

https://na.spatime.com/wdpr32875/55247827/home

https://m.fourseasons.com/orlando/spa/

I came across bounding beauty. They’re expensive but can do kids hair in room. No availability for our dates (Dec 3rd).

I had to turn off WiFi to check availability

https://www.boundingbeauty.com/

39E59F10-C1AC-4FDD-910D-50A1E28FFD2A.jpeg

Do you need a jacket? We will have winter coats with us (for 5 people). I wasn’t sure weather I should pack shorts for the kids or pants.

One time when we travelled the temps suddenly dropped to mid 50s from a forecasted upper 70s-80. Epcot was sold out of blankets but I was able to go to the Star Wars area and grab a baby yoda blanket.
We've had it turn cold on us at WDW after the forecast was for warm weather. In the past. This week is predicted for overnight lows in the mid 60's and highs in low 80's. This morning it was 65 when we went to the park and warmed up to 85 by noon. We are from Chicago and have jeans and jackets with us in case it turns cold. But it is warm enough for us to wear shorts every day during this trip. I have a sweater if I need it. :}

I think our company event forced Disney to open some character dining (at least swan resort character dining, but it might be a special event only; we have character dining that needs to be reserved on 12/3 but no reservations on 12/4, it’s in one of the event rooms at Four Seasons) and spa as well (everyone is booked in deluxe resorts with complementary character dining and spa treatments)

54973233-9E6B-4720-8334-4EE7E693B4C5.jpeg

We've had it turn cold on us at WDW after the forecast was for warm weather. In the past. This week is predicted for overnight lows in the mid 60's and highs in low 80's. This morning it was 65 when we went to the park and warmed up to 85 by noon. We are from Chicago and have jeans and jackets with us in case it turns cold. But it is warm enough for us to wear shorts every day during this trip. I have a sweater if I need it. :}
It’s 29 degrees today and when we return it will be 17. Coats for 5. We might need a separate bag.

Hi guys! I’m actually in WDW now and will be back again in a couple of weeks, so I’d love to be part of the thread!!

Wanted to ask, for those staying in Disney Resorts, if you could please take pics of the December Resort Recreation Calendars and post them on the Official Thread to help others with upcoming trips! I’d truly appreciate it!! Thank you in advance!!!

Hi guys! I’m actually in WDW now and will be back again in a couple of weeks, so I’d love to be part of the thread!!

Wanted to ask, for those staying in Disney Resorts, if you could please take pics of the December Resort Recreation Calendars and post them on the Official Thread to help others with upcoming trips! I’d truly appreciate it!! Thank you in advance!!!
Hey! Happy to see you on this thread! Thanks to your encouragement last year when I commented on the news thread all the posts about the holidays made me want to schedule a trip for December (you said "do it") https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-news-discussion-an-element-of-fun.3838908/post-63518816...I'll be there this coming Tuesday through Dec. 14!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter