Official Castaway Cay 5K Thread

we just did it on saturday 12/11
there is no official start
you start when you want
there is no registration
no bibs with numbers
after the run/walk you go to the bike rental place and tell them you did the 5K and they give you a medallion

This was our experience as well on the 11/26 Dream sailing. But we went to Guest Services when we were back aboard to to pick up the medals.
(we had asked about the whole process the day before and the Guest Services CM had told us just to come back to him to pick them up when we were done.)

I know they don't want crowd congregating, but it would be nice if they could have an official start. Maybe space the group out. Going out and running on your own feels like a training run vs. the excitement of a race.

I'm typing this as someone who is disappointed they aren't holding the runDisney CC 5K this year. I'm doing Dopey and specifically planned on my cruise to do the CC Challenge. Either way, I'll still have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!