Official Breast Feeding Support Thread for WDW Parks

I will be nursing #4 on our trip to WDW this August!..love the dark rides and shows, never bothered with the baby care centers. TTA is the best..if we weren't finished nursing they just let me stay on for anothe round..lol.
Ring slings are great or even a mei tei....

Oh and for the pp that was so horribly annoyed having to listen to a nursing child (which by the way i love ;) ) you were not glued to your seat..if there were so many rows available why didn't you move????

I will be nursing #4 on our trip to WDW this August!..love the dark rides and shows, never bothered with the baby care centers. TTA is the best..if we weren't finished nursing they just let me stay on for anothe round..lol.
Ring slings are great or even a mei tei....

Oh and for the pp that was so horribly annoyed having to listen to a nursing child (which by the way i love ;) ) you were not glued to your seat..if there were so many rows available why didn't you move????

Are you having another girl?

When we went back in June 2006, my daughter was 9 months old. I found DW to be very nursing mom friendly. I nursed her on practically every slow and or/dark ride that we were on. I also nursed her in the parks in the open. I never used one of the mom stations.

I am also very comfortable nursing in public so it never bothered me.

(I really need to change my siggy! Much has changed!!)

I'm one of those all over the place nursers. HippieBabe is either walking or being worn, and it's still too tempting for her to nurse any time she's in close proximity. I've gotten some eyerolls, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

I don't believe in covering for me personally (although I don't walk around with both breasts out flapping in the breeze like some of the posters on DIS would suggest). Partially to help normalize normal fed babies, but also because I'm less embarrassed of nursing from the top and showing some cleavage than I am about lifting up the shirt and showing some fat roll and stretch marks :rotfl:

LOVE this thread, and I see a ton of familiar 'faces!' :wave2:

We're taking DD in August, she'll be 13 months and won't be weaned.

Have any of you written trip reports? I started a PTR, but don't have much of a discussion going, it's a little one sided.

No..lol we actually had a son February 3!
lol I Didn't see the little guy under all those princesses.
I'm one of those all over the place nursers. HippieBabe is either walking or being worn, and it's still too tempting for her to nurse any time she's in close proximity. I've gotten some eyerolls, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

I don't believe in covering for me personally (although I don't walk around with both breasts out flapping in the breeze like some of the posters on DIS would suggest). Partially to help normalize normal fed babies, but also because I'm less embarrassed of nursing from the top and showing some cleavage than I am about lifting up the shirt and showing some fat roll and stretch marks :rotfl:

I agree. I don't like to cover because it's wrong we should have to hide.

Have any of you written trip reports? I started a PTR, but don't have much of a discussion going, it's a little one sided.

I have some old ones, who knows if they are still around though. :confused3

I'll check out yours when I get a chance. It sucks to be the only one commenting on your TR. lol

so glad this thread is here. DD is 7mos now and will be 18mos on our next trip. I may not be nursing then (never know, this one's an ADDICT), but i got such a bad vibe on this board that I was nervous. I'll use the tips a BG Wllmsburg this summer though!

I've nursed three babies... for a total of 55 months so far (20 mos, 19 mos, and 16 mos roughly) and never once has anybody made a nasty or negative comment to me.

The closest I've encountered:
(1) Clerk at Old Navy wouldn't allow me to use the fitting room to nurse DD1, so I nursed at center court of the mall. :rotfl2:
(2) Heard through the grapevine that my aunts were gossiping about the scandal of some mom in their small town nursing a 9 month old when my mom shut them up by telling them I nursed DD1 until at least 18 months.
(3) Some of the moms at preschool raised their eyebrows that I nursed my girls so long. Oh well.

Good job BFing Mamas!

I nursed DD (who was 17 mo on our last trip in August 09) and she's a bit of a milkaholic. I tried all the baby care centers and found they were all lovely especially to get out of the August heat. I also nursed her in several of the attractions, including the Festival of the Lion King. DD knows that she has me "trapped" whenever I sit down.

Anyone else toddler nursing? I am so over this, 26 mo old now. I'm not uncomfortable about it, I'm just soooo ready to be finished (and obviously she's not) and I've tried and tried and trieeeeeed to wean her. DS was so easy, he self-weaned at 15 mo with no effort at all.

That doesn't give me much hope. DS is 14 mths. and he is addicted. I would like to try and wean him when we get back from Disney mid-June, but I am not sure how that will go.

I thought the trip to WDW would be a great distraction. She disagreed.
I thought Christmas would be it. She said "more milkies"
I thought a 2 day business trip to NYC would be the end of it. "I miss you Mama...milkies pwease?"

Ugh.

This little chick is about to get some cold-turkey action.

I have 3 girls, all have been breastfed at WDW. My youngest is 3 and so my bf days are behind me. But I just thought I'd share a photo since I didn't see a lot.

This is me & my second girl in the judges tent back when there was no tink to pull away the lines so this was the longest line we were in that day. I wanted her to be in a great mood to meet Mickey so my family (there were a lot of us) kinda shielded the area & I ducked in this little corner. Quite private & lovely.

The great part though was our Mickey told us with hand gestures that s/he had a baby girl a similar age & held her even though Mickey's handlers didn't really like the idea. It is one of my very favorite WDW memories ever. I swear inside Mickey was crying a bit. Thank you to all the special Mickey Mouses! :love::love:

Also, I have an Ergo that I adore. We still use it from time to time. I had had a Baby Bjorn old style I loved with my first two but with the third we got an Ergo & hiked all over Yellowstone. I was a convert & remain one.

Anyway, thanks for letting me pop on here & share good memories!
I've now moved on to seeing how many times I can ride Everest with the 9 year old! Far cry from my bf days but just as fun ;)

Just wanted to say great thread and great photo!! I am mom to 3 boys, and my breastfeeding days are also behind me. But I am so happy to see all of this support for moms and just wanted to say "yay!!!" And now I too have moved on to seeing how many times I can ride Everest with our pre-teens! It goes awfully fast!!

Anyone else toddler nursing? I am so over this, 26 mo old now. I'm not uncomfortable about it, I'm just soooo ready to be finished (and obviously she's not) and I've tried and tried and trieeeeeed to wean her. DS was so easy, he self-weaned at 15 mo with no effort at all.

Mine were weaned around age 1, so I didn't have this problem. But, I had a friend who just could not wean her DD no matter what she tried. Anyway, she ended up sending her DD (2 1/2) to stay with her mother while her milk dried up! Her kids are very close to their grandmother, so her DD didn't mind at all. But, my friend was at her wits end. Hopefully, you will have better luck. :goodvibes

I'm still nursing my almost 22 month old. I don't mind the daytime nursing, but the all night long buffet is killing me. I had to nightwean HippieGirl at 2 so that I could get my menstrual cycle back because we wanted to get PG with HippieBabe. Since HippieBabe is likely the last, I feel a little wanting to nightwean, but I am sooooo sleepy.

This little chick is about to get some cold-turkey action.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I definitely wouldn't recommend cold-turkey. It's hard on both baby and mama. For you, it would increase your chances of getting mastitis, and can really throw off your hormones, if you're sensitive to hormone fluctuation (I'm PCOS, so I am!). I've got some slow weaning tips though, if you're interested.

I looked at those covers and it seems they are discontinuing them. The only sizes left were xs, s and 2x & 3X. I wonder how easy they would be to make?

I also cannot figure out nursing in a sling. I have a hotslings sling and just cannot do it. I did however pick up an Ergo Baby Carrier yesterday for our DS. I am so excited to use it and wonder if anyone has ever tried nursing in one of those?

I just now found this thread so you've probably already figured out the Ergo, but I nurse in mine all the time!! My DD is 16 months and still nursing. To nurse in the Ergo, just loosen the strap of the side your nursing and slip the strap off your shoulder. Position baby and go!

I'm so glad this thread is here. I love supporting and being supported by other bf moms.

We went to Disney in January for DD's 1st birthday. I don't really remember specific places that we nursed because I've been comfortably nursing in public since she was a few months old. Now for me, if she signs "milk", I pop a ****!! :laughing: She did have a bit of a melt down while standing in line one time and so I nursed while waiting to meet the princesses. I don't think anyone care or if they did, I didn't notice.

I don't use a cover or any kind of tank. Although it was so DARN cold down there I should have added a tank just for extra warmth. DD has been cutting teeth lately so I've been doing a little more flashing than normal. Her latch is different and so milk is actually being pushed out a little around her mouth. I've been pushing my shirt up higher so it doesn't get wet therefore exposing the top of my breast. I think people are still oblivious.

For us nursing at WDW is no different than nursing here at home.

If you are ever flying with your baby and you don't want anyone sitting next to you on the flight - just breast feed with out a cover up while everyone is boarding! :)

I found this out (by accident the first time) on a southwest flight. I don't know if it was the breast feeding or just the idea of sitting next to a baby. Whatever it was - I enjoyed the extra room! :thumbsup2

BTW - I have nursed in CHURCH and never had anyone complain about the noise! That is just ridiculous.

I need to start a trip report-we leave in 10 days!!!!! I may try in a few minutes.

I'm nursing Katie now. You'll notice a trend-the only computer time I get is when she is nursing! She loves it, and so do I. And not only does she slurp and smack, she makes little humming noises and other happy sounds. I think they are the sweetest sounds in the world!

***I started one Sarah! Link is in my sig.

For us nursing at WDW is no different than nursing here at home.

Except for the laptop, LOL!

BTW - I have nursed in CHURCH and never had anyone complain about the noise! That is just ridiculous.

I was just in a, erm..., discussion with a lady on another message board who thought that all nursing mothers should nurse in the back pew or a private room in church because heaven forbid she have to sit behind that. :confused: I don't know about you ladies, but you'd never know I was nursing my child if you were sitting behind me. You'd probably have to look pretty closely if you were facing me. The conversation was... surreal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter