***Official August 2023 Thread***

Just booked August 25-31 Boulder Ridge! I think this will be our first non-split stay in nearly 10 years. We got chased home from our Sept trip last year due to Ian, rebooked for Mothers Day but due to life I just pushed it to August. Got flights yesterday too!

Just switched our reservation from Pop to Art of Animation!! August 27th-September 6th.

My youngest LOVES Ariel and I couldn't believe that I could keep our $500 dining card with a Little Mermaid reservation, but I was able to do so AND I saved $75!

We haven't stayed at AOA in years so we are VERY excited!! :love:

Hi! Just booked a Disney Institute training at the Contemporary in August, and am tacking a few days on for vacation. It'll be my first time at a monorail resort - I cannot wait! Aug 14-21.
I was thinking of doing something similar! Hoping part of my airfare & hotel is deductible....

I extended my trip and did a split stay, I just can't help myself. Now arriving on August 19th on a late evening flight. I booked All Star Movies for the one night at an awesome rate of $164 with the new discount. Then moving to my home resort of Boulder Ridge for 5 nights and on to Old Key West for the next 4. So that is 10 glorious night in the bubble!! Yay!

Flights were so much cheaper flying in the evening and returning on a Tuesday. It was only $410 as opposed to over $700 Sat to Sat with early flights.

Things I am thinking of doing this trip....... Savour the Savannah, Up Close with Rhinos, Drawn to Lfe and eatingat all the lounges!

Hello, All! So excited to be part of a planning thread! Sweetheart & I are visiting 08/01 - 08/06, staying at AKL. The first three nights are in DVC rooms, the last two in Club level. This is a working vacay, where we'll work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during the day, then head to various Moonlight Magic (fingers crossed)/After Hours/Glow events during the evenings. It is a delight to work with a glass of wine at hand and a great view ahead!

We're lucky enough to visit WDW a lot but we're usually hard core w/ rope drop and mandatory afternoon pool times, then back to the park until our feet can't take anymore. Really looking forward to exploring the resort this time, at a very relaxed pace, glass of wine in hand (sensing a theme here). Apparently, AKL has a bunch of free fun stuff-- scavenger hunt, hidden Mickey hunt, food tours of Jiko and Sanaa, lots of art to see and international cast members to visit with. Please feel free to post suggestions. We are so psyched to bumble around the resort!

Quick update: I had waitlisted two of the DVC room nights mentioned above. We really wanted to stay in a Savannah view room at Jambo, but nights 2 and 3 have been unavailable since I began planning. I've also been stalking the DVC booking page pretty assiduously for those nights since stalking has, historically, yielded better results for me than just leaning on the waitlist.

Anyway, I travel for work and, glamourous life on the road, yesterday popped into a Subway in Indiana for lunch. Jumped online while they were toasting my sub, and... both days were available! Honestly could not believe it! Immediately booked them both and couldn't wait to share here. Hope everyone-- and C&Jx2's pup-- is happy and well!

Just booked August 25-31 Boulder Ridge! I think this will be our first non-split stay in nearly 10 years. We got chased home from our Sept trip last year due to Ian, rebooked for Mothers Day but due to life I just pushed it to August. Got flights yesterday too!
We’re in! Aug 17-24 pop/poly. Kids want Halloween party and grown ups want after hours. Who will win?

We’re in! Aug 17-24 pop/poly. Kids want Halloween party and grown ups want after hours. Who will win?
We are going to the Halloween Party, it’s been way to long since we got the full experience of the party! I made costumes for us to do the family Wine and Dine 5k that we have tried to wear 3 times since every event was cancelled due to Covid or hurricane.

We are going to the Halloween Party, it’s been way to long since we got the full experience of the party! I made costumes for us to do the family Wine and Dine 5k that we have tried to wear 3 times since every event was cancelled due to Covid or hurricane.
So cool that you finally get to wear them!

Super excited!!! :cheer2: Just booked a small trip (Aug. 21-23) at All Star Sports!!! Managed to score (😎) a really good deal! Here's hoping I'll have an easier time getting onto Tron! 🤞

Edit: Added an extra day to my stay! So I'll be there Aug. 20th-23rd!

Last edited:
Just got Moonlight Magic for TL on 8/23. Was #3001 in the queue to start. With about 108 left, it had limited availability for the night. Got it a couple of minutes later. Phew!

Debating the other things going on when we're there. Been to the Halloween party a bunch of times, but there's also extra magic hours at Epcot, I believe.

Super excited!!! :cheer2: Just booked a small trip (Aug. 21-23) at All Star Sports!!! Managed to score (😎) a really good deal! Here's hoping I'll have an easier time getting onto Tron! 🤞
The August rates and the recent promos have been awesome. We go every year around early august before my kids go back to school and this year's lodging is by far the lowest we've paid in probably 3 or 4 years.

Heading back for a quick girls only trip with my teenage daughters early Aug, staying POFQ. We love going in early August, who am I kidding, I love going most anytime of year! 98 days left....

chiming in! we just booked, again, for aug 27-sept 2! didn't think we were going to be an every year disney fam, but this is our 3rd year in a row going during this time frame! like last year we'll take the autotrain...we drove 2 years ago and my little one did not like it, so we took the train last year and my kids had a blast.
we're also hoping to get mnsshp tix tomorrow for that tuesday we are there. we did it last year and met jack and sally and it was worth it. so excited!

chiming in! we just booked, again, for aug 27-sept 2! didn't think we were going to be an every year disney fam, but this is our 3rd year in a row going during this time frame! like last year we'll take the autotrain...we drove 2 years ago and my little one did not like it, so we took the train last year and my kids had a blast.
we're also hoping to get mnsshp tix tomorrow for that tuesday we are there. we did it last year and met jack and sally and it was worth it. so excited!
Sounds super fun! Good luck on the tickets!

I’ve always wanted to travel by train. It sounds so fun yet relaxing. We live within a few hours drive of fl and WDW so training it to WDW doesn’t really make any sense. We started going as a family when kids were little, took a hiatus and then have been going every year since 2017 and LOVE it. I never thought we’d be that way either. Have fun sweating with us all in august 🥵

I’ve always wanted to travel by train. It sounds so fun yet relaxing. We live within a few hours drive of fl and WDW so training it to WDW doesn’t really make any sense. We started going as a family when kids were little, took a hiatus and then have been going every year since 2017 and LOVE it. I never thought we’d be that way either. Have fun sweating with us all in august 🥵
it is a lot of fun. we did it in 2017 and had a family room since our little one wasn't even a year yet, but, it was kind of cramped i guess? and then last year we actually made 2 trips to florida on the auto train..we live in nj, so the drive to virgina isn't too bad, and then our first trip we drove to fort lauderdale from there, and the 2nd trip was disney. it was nice having our car with us. the coach seats weren't bad, and it was pretty roomy compared to plane seats, and the view was really nice. i mean, we enjoyed it enough to do it again!

So I just purchased my new pre-arrival magicband+ for my trip!!!! I went with the Pooh bear! It just really feels like it's super official now lol. I'm going to be disney-bounding as Eeyore so had to go with the Hunny man!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter