***Official August 2023 Thread***

C&Jx2

It’s me! Soldier’s*Sweeties!
Am I missing it? Does a mod make the official ones?

Okay! August 2023! Let's get planning!

Last edited:
You have the first post so please feel free to change the title and make this the *** Official August 2023 Thread ***

Happy planning!!
Omg why do I feel so pressured! Lol… How’s the spelling? 😂

I’m kidding… kind of.

I am so excited that we will be returning to WDW in August 2023! It’s a combo sweet 16 for my twins and for my BSN graduation.

We’ll be club level at the Poly August 21-August 27! It’s my ultimate bucket list trip so I am very excited!!!

Haha I've been waiting for someone to start an August 2023 thread so it looks like you're the winner!!!

Club level sounds amazing.

We are yearly August travelers. This year we will be back at SSR 8/19-8/31

Haha I've been waiting for someone to start an August 2023 thread so it looks like you're the winner!!!

Club level sounds amazing.

We are yearly August travelers. This year we will be back at SSR 8/19-8/31
We’ve been doing the Universal thing the past few years, as a matter of fact that’s where we’ll be spending a week next month, but I am so excited to get back to Disney. I’m about over Universal. I’m more excited for my August trip than my upcoming Universal one! We usually go in June. I know it will be so hot (I was born and raised in Tampa) but I’m excited for lower crowds and Food and Wine.

Joining in with the August gang yet again! I am travelling with my twin sons to celebrate their 21st birthday! We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas from August 20-27!

Woohoo! Just booked this morning! August 27th - September 6th at Pop Century (and then moving on to Universal September 6th - 10th at Cabana Bay!)

Bring on summer! :beach:

Okay! We just returned from Universal and that was...a trip.

We had substantial health issues leading up to it, our house had a small electrical fire that could have been much worse had our housestitters not been sleeping where they were (which led to no power for 2.5 days, inspections and managing all of that remotely), delayed flights and lost luggage... Not to mention I wasn't really feeling Universal this year. Some of the other groups were SO RUDE, Pop Warner was around, and we've done the Universal parks for the past two years so honestly I was bored of the rides!

NOW I can focus on and get excited for Disney!!!

SOOOOOO I just hopped back on to do some more math (my head hurts now...) and I was able to apply the promo for only $159 more for the total package price. So really we're coming out on top with about a $600 reward (you know, accounting for the difference in price). When I had checked yesterday there were no garden view club level available and I couldn't alter the tickets to keep the 5 day park hoppers. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I sure am happy I tried again!

Okay so my return might actually be $750 because I'm reading it's per night? But a minimum of 4 nights. We'll be there for 6 nights so...

Last edited:
We had originally booked a Preferred Pool View room at Pop. They wanted $125 more to switch to the promo dining offer. Ended up switching to a Standard room at Pop instead. Saved $320 AND received a $500 dining card for our 10-night stay!

:cool1:

We booked a family trip August 19 - August 29 (then off to Universal for 4 nights) at the All Star Music on the Dining Promo card.

We just got back from a family trip at the end of October, and we had so much fun, we decided to do it again. We're so excited!

My sister and I are booked at the Dolphin August 16-20. Her daughter is flying down to meet us for a couple of days. Girls Trip!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Booked using dining card deal, Poly CL, 14-19. Watching for CR CL to open tho, just not sold on Poly CL yet.
This trip is myself and all my kids, and grandkids, no DH. He can only handle Disney once every 2 years, he just went in Dec :)
Planning on MNSSHP, possibly 2x, and HEA return!!

My flights are not booked, just so high right now. But nervous they'll get higher. Have you all booked flights?

Booked using dining card deal, Poly CL, 14-19. Watching for CR CL to open tho, just not sold on Poly CL yet.
This trip is myself and all my kids, and grandkids, no DH. He can only handle Disney once every 2 years, he just went in Dec :)

My flights are not booked, just so high right now. But nervous they'll get higher. Have you all booked flights?
Sounds like a fun trip!

We typically fly SW and they don't release our trip dates till 2/9. I'm hoping for decent prices and times!

I really want to try CL sometime! I booked my flights first, on the Thanksgiving sale weekend, then booked resorts after. Coming from Canada flights can raise costs fast. I've never found the strength to do the 24 hr (one way) drive it would take if we chose to drive.

I really want to try CL sometime! I booked my flights first, on the Thanksgiving sale weekend, then booked resorts after. Coming from Canada flights can raise costs fast. I've never found the strength to do the 24 hr (one way) drive it would take if we chose to drive.
I usually drive in the summer, coming from Iowa. (20 hrs) but we had to squeeze this trip in between school starting and sports, so no time to drive this time. Paying for 9 seats :scared:is going to be painful. I have a flight there I like, watch it daily to see if it changes. It's a bit high for my liking, but the times I like.
Our flight home I am hoping for Allegiant but they aren't open past the 14th, so 🤞
It'll be a pain to do the hour drive to SFB, but if it's like the Saturday before, the times are 6:30pm ET-8:30CT, and the price will be hopefully less than Delta or AA. I am about to just buy our flights there, and be done with it, but it'll be so disappointing if they drop. Ugh... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!