***Official August 2023 Thread***

Exact dates subject to change, but for now 8/16-26 at VGF.

We stayed at the GF in the summer of 2019 but it was kind of a make up trip, so it wasn't long and we didn't get to explore a lot. Have to at least have a pool night with a drink or two from the bar!

Hey there! Just booked my DREAM trip from Aug 19- Sep 3. We've been multiple times but always stayed at value, once at riverside. We always dreamed of deluxe resorts but never thought we'd be able to afford it. I started a business and worked my tail off for a year and have enough to splurge. I'm counting it as my yearly bonus.

Boulder ridge- Aug 19-25
AKL- Aug 25-27
Beach Club villas- Aug 27- sep 3

We visited DL last and while it was fine...it wasn't DisneyWorld. We are very much excited to go back and have enough time to relax at the resorts, have extended evening hours so we don't have to run ourselves ragged during the day trying to fight crowds, and seeing the new rides. Haven't done Ratatouille, Guardians or Tron (obviously). I miss the people mover dearly. I do think it's weird that when I imagine myself at Disney, I picture being on the people mover for as long as they'll let me stay. We'll try to hit the 2nd MNSSHP. Tickets drop in May typically right?

My brother in law decided he has to get married during our originally planned trip, so now we'll be at WDW on 8/17-8/23. We also lost our Poly CL reservation due to availability so now we're in a Boardwalk view studio. But dropping the club level saved us a pretty penny and we'll have a better view so I can't really complain.

My brother in law decided he has to get married during our originally planned trip, so now we'll be at WDW on 8/17-8/23. We also lost our Poly CL reservation due to availability so now we're in a Boardwalk view studio. But dropping the club level saved us a pretty penny and we'll have a better view so I can't really complain.
We've stayed at both and much prefer the BW location being able to get into 2 parks by walking. So saving money and having the 2 parks so close is a win win for me!

Just booked our airfare....great direct flight times but way more points than I wanted to pay so hoping for a sale to get some back.

Just booked our airfare....great direct flight times but way more points than I wanted to pay so hoping for a sale to get some back.
Me tooooo!
But our itinerary has less and less direct flights :(

Almost the same for me! booked and free pizza at work...LOL But we uber from the airport so no car service...

After a (too long) hiatus and way too much overthinking we are finally booked for August 13-19 at BLT. Our home resort is BCV but we’ve outgrown the 1BR there (at least 50% of the overthinking).

Hoping to book flights later tonight (after a drink, and the remaining 50% of the overthinking).

Here I am making yet another change... After reading many reviews that the Boardwalk studios are a little "lived in" I changed to an Boardwalk view on the inn side for the exact same price since the renovations should be complete on that end by our trip!

Hey there! Just booked my DREAM trip from Aug 19- Sep 3. We've been multiple times but always stayed at value, once at riverside. We always dreamed of deluxe resorts but never thought we'd be able to afford it. I started a business and worked my tail off for a year and have enough to splurge. I'm counting it as my yearly bonus.

Boulder ridge- Aug 19-25
AKL- Aug 25-27
Beach Club villas- Aug 27- sep 3

We visited DL last and while it was fine...it wasn't DisneyWorld. We are very much excited to go back and have enough time to relax at the resorts, have extended evening hours so we don't have to run ourselves ragged during the day trying to fight crowds, and seeing the new rides. Haven't done Ratatouille, Guardians or Tron (obviously). I miss the people mover dearly. I do think it's weird that when I imagine myself at Disney, I picture being on the people mover for as long as they'll let me stay. We'll try to hit the 2nd MNSSHP. Tickets drop in May typically right?
So exciting!

We are at Boulder ridge this trip too....August 19-27.

The renos look beautiful. Hope you have a fab trip!

Hi! Just booked a Disney Institute training at the Contemporary in August, and am tacking a few days on for vacation. It'll be my first time at a monorail resort - I cannot wait! Aug 14-21.

Booked for August 26-September 2 at the BC! It'll be my boyfriends first visit, and my birthday in the middle of the trip! We are hoping to play a round of golf at the Lake Buena Vista course and go to a MNSSHP on September 1. My big question is around Tron... do you think it will be open using a virtual queue during MNSSHP?

Last edited:
Booked airfare for August 20-26. It will be me and 3 of my daughters. We're currently booked at Pop but will switch to CBR if a room only discount comes out. Sticking with the Skyliner resorts 😍

August 26th-31st for the last hurrah of my AP use. All Stars Movies but I’m thinking I’ll switch if discounts come out. Or just stay and use the savings for LL-Flight times are brutal so need to make the most of my time there.

I give up. The universe does not want us to take this trip in August. We have experienced setback after setback in finances and planning.

Now my dog needed emergency surgery last night because she thought an entire roll of dental floss would be a tasty treat, and that was pretty extensive and VERY expensive (to the tune of around 8k). We're taking it as another sign that maybe August is just not meant to be. To avoid depleting savings, or putting ourselves into debt we cancelled our August trip. BUT my husband proposed that since we have flight credits and more time, we should do DisneyLAND next year instead. I can get behind that idea. It is still a little disappointing though. But I hope everyone here has the BEST trips! I look forward to hearing about them!

I give up. The universe does not want us to take this trip in August. We have experienced setback after setback in finances and planning.

Now my dog needed emergency surgery last night because she thought an entire roll of dental floss would be a tasty treat, and that was pretty extensive and VERY expensive (to the tune of around 8k). We're taking it as another sign that maybe August is just not meant to be. To avoid depleting savings, or putting ourselves into debt we cancelled our August trip. BUT my husband proposed that since we have flight credits and more time, we should do DisneyLAND next year instead. I can get behind that idea. It is still a little disappointing though. But I hope everyone here has the BEST trips! I look forward to hearing about them!
Oh man, this is going into my argument against my family wanting a dog 😯 But seriously, glad the dogs going to be ok.

August 11-17 CBR then two nights at a hotel. First time at this resort for us. We usually do Value resorts, but will be 5 of us this time, so had to do a 5th sleeper room. Me, DH, DS7, DD20 and DFF31 Family friend- son's Godmother, Paige.

This will be my son's 2nd trip, first that he will remember. He is 7, his 1st trip was 3 months before his 3rd birthday. This will also be Paige's 2nd trip, but 1st with her godson.

DD and Paige want to go to MNSSHP, hoping to go Tues, Aug 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter