*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

We are off site so we have to book ours one day at a time, but we get to start on Sunday!!!!! :worship:

Here's to waking up early every day for a solid week! LOL!! :tongue:

We leave 6 months from today!!! :car:

Last edited:
Two weeks from tomorrow I get to do my ADRs. While sitting at LGA waiting to fly to Miami for a couple of days and then a cruise on the Disney Magic! :) Yes, I'm getting a car service early so I can be there just sitting and ready to go at 6am (flight is at 7:55).

SO excited! :yay: We were not planning on going this year because of a 12 night Mediterranean cruise in July, but just in case, I booked a bounce back free dining offer when we were there last August for this August ... and now we're going! It's only a 6n/7d trip, so it will be short but we'll make the most of it. Mousemommy, please add us to the list!
August 14-20 at POP! Haven't stayed there in a long time, but looking forward to it. I'm so glad I will get my Disney fix.
Just booked our flight to Disney, but need to wait until Southwest releases flights for our return date. Yeah!!! I get to plan with you August Disers:wave2:

SO excited! :yay: We were not planning on going this year because of a 12 night Mediterranean cruise in July, but just in case, I booked a bounce back free dining offer when we were there last August for this August ... and now we're going! It's only a 6n/7d trip, so it will be short but we'll make the most of it. Mousemommy, please add us to the list!
August 14-20 at POP! Haven't stayed there in a long time, but looking forward to it. I'm so glad I will get my Disney fix.
Just booked our flight to Disney, but need to wait until Southwest releases flights for our return date. Yeah!!! I get to plan with you August Disers:wave2:

Nice! I did a 12-night Med/Venice cruise last summer on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas. LOVED it!! Have the best time!!

Two weeks from tomorrow I get to do my ADRs. While sitting at LGA waiting to fly to Miami for a couple of days and then a cruise on the Disney Magic! :) Yes, I'm getting a car service early so I can be there just sitting and ready to go at 6am (flight is at 7:55).

Ha! I just looked at the flight info. 7:51 is when I'd NEED to be at the airport. Flight is at 9:51! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

But hey - getting up super early to have a car pick me up at 3:30 to get to LGA (construction mess right now) so I can be checked in and through security and sitting ready to book ADRs at 6? Worth it!

Nice! I did a 12-night Med/Venice cruise last summer on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas. LOVED it!! Have the best time!!
Hi Dug720:-) You gave me lots of great advice about this RCCL cruise already. :thanks: I read your reports too - they were fun to read! We are doing the 12 nights Med/Greek Isle cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. Glad you enjoyed it. We just thought that we couldn't do two trips, but oldest DD is heading to University in the Fall, so we felt like it was something we should try to make happen. My DD's are so excited about the cruise, but I know that they were sad to be missing our annual Disney trip this summer. It will be a whirlwind trip to Disney, but I'm going to be prepared and have as much fun as possible. Part of the fun is pre-planning with you August Disers:-)

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the Disney Web page? I love Stitch but if he eats one more page I may start to resent him....lol

Hi Dug720:-) You gave me lots of great advice about this RCCL cruise already. :thanks: I read your reports too - they were fun to read! We are doing the 12 nights Med/Greek Isle cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. Glad you enjoyed it. We just thought that we couldn't do two trips, but oldest DD is heading to University in the Fall, so we felt like it was something we should try to make happen. My DD's are so excited about the cruise, but I know that they were sad to be missing our annual Disney trip this summer. It will be a whirlwind trip to Disney, but I'm going to be prepared and have as much fun as possible. Part of the fun is pre-planning with you August Disers:-)

Have the best time!! I almost did that itinerary last year to be on a trip on my birthday, but Venice won out. Enjoy every moment!!

We make ADRs bright and early tomorrow!

Wish me luck pixiedust:

And, please stay away :stitch2:

Bad :stitch2:. He came. However, I switched from Edge to MS Explorer, and that did the trick.

But, I got everything I was trying to get. CRT 15 min earlier than my "ideal" time, and Akershus at 6:30 instead of 6:00.

Got the PPO ADRs I wanted, as well as F! package at H&V at 5 pm. Very happy with this morning's work!

Only 180 days to go! :dancer:party::jumping1:

Day 4 ADRs are booked!! No problems with the system this morning! Picked up a Whispering Canyon breakfast and a Rose & Crown dinner!! Two of my kids' favorite restaurants! They'll be thrilled!

I get to sleep in tomorrow! No reservations to make as it's our Universal day during our August trip!

Just two more days to book on Friday morning & Saturday morning! :)

Rivers of Light, Pandora, Happily ever After! I am getting excited for all the new thing coming before my trip! Will you all wait to see it all fresh or watch youtube before your trip?

Wait to see it all fresh.

There's also the new ride at Typhoon Lagoon for those going to the water parks.

Of course, I'm a glass half empty guy, so I'm also thinking about:
Disney Quest
Shark Reef
Wishes
Jake package at Pirates League (yeah, it's been gone a year, but DS5 picked that as a must do off Disney's own site, and it is still listed there!)

These are just the things that have disappeared from our itinerary since booking in Oct.

Gone but not forgotten since our last trip (and sad not to experience again):
Great Piggy Bank Adventure
Sum of all Thrills
Lights Motor Action
Maelstrom
Captain Eo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter