****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was going to say! Also, if you want the free 5x7 I think we had to wait awhile to go get it at the camera shop...maybe 2 hours but not quite sure on that part!
On Saturday May 31 I waited about 25 minutes at 4 in the afternoon. It wasn't mainly free photo guests, it was other guests ordering several photos. They mentioned that you could use it at another park to claim your photo within a day or so. The wait for the photo was about 20 minutes and we saw Minnie and Pluto.

I just booked our Villains Unleashed tickets!

I'm so excited I hit send too soon :) I didn't think we would able to fit it in our budget but received $150 in cash/visa gift cards as a coaches gift from my soccer team. And I didn't think I could get more excited about this trip! :)

Still 75 here, but still pretty exciting! It'll be fun to hit the next milestone of FP+ bookings in a couple of weeks. Once I have those in place, I'll be able to start getting my travel binder together with all my daily itinerary information. That always keeps me busy for a few weeks. :)

Booked my Villains Unleashed tickets this morning... so crazily excited! I love the idea of the hard ticket events- I'd love to do MNSSHP or MVMCP, but due to my work schedule, it's not feasible... I feel like Disney have created this event just for me- I'm seriously so excited!

Couldn't convince DH to come too, but had offers from two lovely ladies for me to join their groups, which is just wonderful! :) Just gotta sort out my costume now... can't decide whether to do Minnie (I already have a perfect dress, so would just be getting some Minnie ears really) or Rapunzel (more expensive, as I would have to buy the dress)... Decisions, decisions!

70 days to go! :D

how are crowds around August 9-19th? The Unofficial Guide calendar makes it sound not bad at all. there's always a park that is a 3 or a 4. I'm excited to face fewer crowds, we've been going Feb break and it's been packed. We're planning 3 days in all parks except 1 in AK. I don't think we'll really do this many days in the park but the ten day ticket was barely more than the 7. I wish my family and I loved AK more. We're animal people but we just don't seem to feel that Disney magic there.

Booked my Villains Unleashed tickets this morning... so crazily excited! I love the idea of the hard ticket events- I'd love to do MNSSHP or MVMCP, but due to my work schedule, it's not feasible... I feel like Disney have created this event just for me- I'm seriously so excited!

Couldn't convince DH to come too, but had offers from two lovely ladies for me to join their groups, which is just wonderful! :) Just gotta sort out my costume now... can't decide whether to do Minnie (I already have a perfect dress, so would just be getting some Minnie ears really) or Rapunzel (more expensive, as I would have to buy the dress)... Decisions, decisions!

70 days to go! :D

I am an advocate for being a princess whenever possible, so my vote goes to Rapunzel. princess:

I just booked our Villains Unleashed tickets!

Us too :banana:

It's soooo exciting... Just a few more days to FP+ reservations....though since we're going to the dark side first we have 72 days to Disney lol.

Booked my Villains Unleashed tickets this morning... so crazily excited! I love the idea of the hard ticket events- I'd love to do MNSSHP or MVMCP, but due to my work schedule, it's not feasible... I feel like Disney have created this event just for me- I'm seriously so excited! Couldn't convince DH to come too, but had offers from two lovely ladies for me to join their groups, which is just wonderful! :) Just gotta sort out my costume now... can't decide whether to do Minnie (I already have a perfect dress, so would just be getting some Minnie ears really) or Rapunzel (more expensive, as I would have to buy the dress)... Decisions, decisions! 70 days to go! :D

We booked too. Dd's both want to dress up. Dd13 wants to go as meg, she's thinking of doing s Disney bound type outfit though, dd10 wants to be a villain. Dh and I will probably just do Tee's though you never know, I may have to internet search some good costume choices lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

abmitch01 said:
how are crowds around August 9-19th? The Unofficial Guide calendar makes it sound not bad at all. there's always a park that is a 3 or a 4. I'm excited to face fewer crowds, we've been going Feb break and it's been packed. We're planning 3 days in all parks except 1 in AK. I don't think we'll really do this many days in the park but the ten day ticket was barely more than the 7. I wish my family and I loved AK more. We're animal people but we just don't seem to feel that Disney magic there.

Hmmmm I don't know about 3s and 4s. That sounds very optimistic to me. I've been checking undercover tourist and theyre hovering around 7, but that's not until the 17th. Maybe they have a different scale??

Hmmmm I don't know about 3s and 4s. That sounds very optimistic to me. I've been checking undercover tourist and theyre hovering around 7, but that's not until the 17th. Maybe they have a different scale??
Yea I would have to agree with that. The crowds in august don't drop down too much until the last 2 weeks! And even the last week really isn't 3 or 4's more like 5 or 6

I hate the disparity between the crowd calendars. The week in question (10th) has 7s across the board on the Easywdw calendar, and ranges from 3-6 on Touring Plans. :confused3

My dates (28th) show straight 4s on Easywdw and 2-3s on TP. Not as big of a difference as for the week above.

I booked my FPs at midnight. Overall, I'd say the process was pretty straightforward and intuitive. My one issue was that, if you wanted to pick your own times, once you made your selections and clicked done you ended up back on a MDE landing page and not the FP+ reservation page. Took a few extra clicks. A mild annoyance but something that should be fixed.

I got pretty much everything I was hoping for so only have to make minor adjustments to our schedule. Got an A&E FP for my sister and niece from 9-10am on our first MK day. Got a 7DMT FP for 6-7 right before our dinner at BOG. Couldn't get the Festival of Lion King time I wanted - which struck me as odd considering everything else I was after, but it's fine.

Also checked in early for AoA. Requested 'close to transportation' and 'top floor' for our preferences. We are in a Cars suite.

All that's left to do now is ship down some boxes with our bulky items and pack! :cool1:

Bought myself a Rapunzel dress for the Villains Unleashed party today... so excited! I was surprised at how much cheaper her dress was compared to many of the other princesses, but I'm not complaining- she was my first choice! :D

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter