****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 days right here! Took me all week to get a preliminary FP+ plan. Now the fun begins at 11pm tonight! My luck I will not get any of the times I want and it will ruin my whole plan.. **Begin anxiety attack now** :crazy2:

Let me know how it goes. What time are you guys booking fp+'s? Not sure when I should do them if I go at rope drop.

I started mine mid morning. Im bringing my 11 month old and I just don't know how she is going to do all day. My 5 year olds do not nap now, but we are going to try to get outta the parks mid afternoon to get outta the heat. So Rope drop standyby for 2 hours...then fast pass 3 attractions.

A one time event is being held on August 23rd at HS for those of us that are there at that time

http://wdwnt.com/2014/06/one-night-only-villains-unleashed-hard-ticket-event-to-be-announced/

We told you in 2013 that the Limited Time Magic Friday the 13th “Unleash the Villains” event was a test for a possible hard-ticket event to be added to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the not-too-distant future. Well, Walt Disney World is expected to begin ticket sales for annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members tomorrow, June 5th, for the very first “Villains Unleashed” after hours party to be held on August 23, 2014 from 8PM-1AM. Tickets will be sold to the general public starting June 9th

This is a thread on the DIS boards... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3286828

Hmmm....interesting indeed!

This is the kind of thing that would appeal to my guys. Might have to run it by them and see what they think.

To everyone panicking about making their FP+ reservations:

Have no fear!!

I was super worried b/c there is no way to "practice" like there is with ADRs.

The system is so simple, anyone who is able to turn on a computer should be able to do it with no problems.

It took me 20 minutes to make reservations for 7 park days, and that includes modifying times to get them right where I want them.

Every step is a separate page, so the chance for making mistakes is very small.

You choose a day, you choose your party, you choose your park, you click check marks on each chosen ride, they show you 4 scenarios (best match, choice A, B, and C). You pick one, then it takes you to a new screen where you can edit the times.

I got every single ride I wanted FPs for for the exact time frames I wanted.

I went back a few minutes ago to play around with it a bit, and there are still A&E meets left for my entire week (8/5-12). We aren't using one of those, but we got Mine Train easily for both MK days.

It seems like a very flexible system, as far as times go. It lets you know if you overlap with an ADR, but lets you book anyway.

So have no fear, fellow DISers, you can do it!!

To everyone panicking about making their FP+ reservations: Have no fear!! I was super worried b/c there is no way to "practice" like there is with ADRs. The system is so simple, anyone who is able to turn on a computer should be able to do it with no problems. It took me 20 minutes to make reservations for 7 park days, and that includes modifying times to get them right where I want them. Every step is a separate page, so the chance for making mistakes is very small. You choose a day, you choose your party, you choose your park, you click check marks on each chosen ride, they show you 4 scenarios (best match, choice A, B, and C). You pick one, then it takes you to a new screen where you can edit the times. I got every single ride I wanted FPs for for the exact time frames I wanted. I went back a few minutes ago to play around with it a bit, and there are still A&E meets left for my entire week (8/5-12). We aren't using one of those, but we got Mine Train easily for both MK days. It seems like a very flexible system, as far as times go. It lets you know if you overlap with an ADR, but lets you book anyway. So have no fear, fellow DISers, you can do it!!

Thanks for posting and reassuring us!

Have no fear!!

The system is so simple, anyone who is able to turn on a computer should be able to do it with no problems.

It took me 20 minutes to make reservations for 7 park days, and that includes modifying times to get them right where I want them.

You choose a day, you choose your party, you choose your park, you click check marks on each chosen ride, they show you 4 scenarios (best match, choice A, B, and C). You pick one, then it takes you to a new screen where you can edit the times.

I went back a few minutes ago to play around with it a bit, and there are still A&E meets left for my entire week (8/5-12). We aren't using one of those, but we got Mine Train easily for both MK days.

It seems like a very flexible system, as far as times go. It lets you know if you overlap with an ADR, but lets you book anyway.

Thank you for posting that. I've been worrying like crazy (and I'm still 13 days off making my FP+ reservations), so I'm hoping it will be as easy as yours was!

Have no fear!!

Thank you for that. I am buying Military Salute tickets, but my darn ITT office won't be getting their shipment until 2 weeks from now. That's about when my 60 day window starts. Ugh! I am so worried, as my DD would love an A&E at least once while we are there. We're in the high 70's now!:beach:

Thank you for that. I am buying Military Salute tickets, but my darn ITT office won't be getting their shipment until 2 weeks from now. That's about when my 60 day window starts. Ugh! I am so worried, as my DD would love an A&E at least once while we are there. We're in the high 70's now!:beach:

if it's any help, there are still a bunch of A&E for july 4th available and that has been up for a while now (I'll be there then too). So don't worry, you'll probably be just fine based on those sticking around for such a high crowd day!

On a side note, I decided I am for sure dressing up for the Villan's Unleashed Party. I'll be in Anna's coronation dress. I'm really tall. If anyone sees me say hi!

I'm so excited that we're getting closer but I wish I hadn't told DD we are going yet. I kind of had to so she didn't plan camps or if she got a job. But it would've been so much fun to surprise her the day before. I'm going to try to BOG for lunch and not tell her anything about it, that place sounds magical even to a cynical 15 yr old.

I'm so excited that we're getting closer but I wish I hadn't told DD we are going yet. I kind of had to so she didn't plan camps or if she got a job. But it would've been so much fun to surprise her the day before. I'm going to try to BOG for lunch and not tell her anything about it, that place sounds magical even to a cynical 15 yr old.

haha, I had to chime in when you mentioned your 15 yr old getting a job maybe this Summer-----just curious, does she WANT to work? If so, could she come to my house and tell my 16 yr old DD to get off her lazy diva butt:lmao: I was informed "Mom, I just need one more Summer off before "real life" starts":rolleyes2

didnt mean to hyjack, carry on! lol

my DD wants to work but keeps getting rejected by places saying they want 16 yos. My 16 yo son on the other hand, don't get me started, lol. He's not even pushing to get his license, he's content to be driven around and not have to pay for gas.

abmitch01 said:
my DD wants to work but keeps getting rejected by places saying they want 16 yos. My 16 yo son on the other hand, don't get me started, lol. He's not even pushing to get his license, he's content to be driven around and not have to pay for gas.

Smart kid. Gas is expensive ;)

Haha, yep, that is my 16 yo DS too. I told him he needs to at least get his permit this summer.

We are at the YC most of our time at WDW, because that is where DS wanted to stay, otherwise he was not interested in Disney.

I guess my kids rather be where the thrill rides are. It may be the last Disney for some time. Maybe that will change after our visit.

Ha ha! Be careful what you wish for ... we pushed for our DS to get his license at 16, and now I rarely ever see my car :drive: . Thankfully, he is awesome at filling it up with gas for dear ol' mom :worship: .

I am hoping he will have his own car by later this summer. The plan is in the works.....fingers crossed.

My DD who is now 19 was lucky enough to get a job at a local garden center when she was 15. This is the 5th year jars worked there, which seems crazy at her age. She's also soon a paid internship at a local fort (she's a history major). DS (17) started working last summer, but did not like his job. He just got a job at Taco Bell, which I hope he likes better! I am that mean mom who makes them work in the summer:)

Hi, everyone.. It's been a while since I posted here.. I just wanted to share that I paid off my dvc points rental today and linked my UT tickets to my MDE account so that I can try to set up my FP+ in about 10 days. It's good to see that it's fairly easy. Sorry if this was answered, I only went back about 2 pages.. What time (Florida time) can you get in and set them up? Also, I'm doing a split stay. Can I only do them one stay at a time? That's how my ADRs worked, so I have a bad feeling about that.. Thanks!

Also, I've been using the personalized plan thingy to try to work out my FP+ on touringplans. It's pretty cool. Has anyone else subscribed and used it?

I just tried setting up those personalized plans too and I thought it was kind of reassuring. If they are correct, we should be able to get on a lot of attractions at RD and only need to schedule FPP for mid morning. I was worried that FPP would increase wait times on secondary attractions even early in the morning but they aren't predicting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter