"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Quick question - we are looking at 9/1, so you think this date will sell out well in advance or do I have a long while to debate. Also - any chance of other discounts (e.g. Disney Visa?)

And lastly - if we don’t go, as understand, the value of my ticket can be applied to any other Disney ticket? Does that include a few years down the line or Disneyland (we live in CA)? Is there a deadline to cancel to retain the value?

Quick question - we are looking at 9/1, so you think this date will sell out well in advance or do I have a long while to debate. Also - any chance of other discounts (e.g. Disney Visa?)

And lastly - if we don’t go, as understand, the value of my ticket can be applied to any other Disney ticket? Does that include a few years down the line or Disneyland (we live in CA)? Is there a deadline to cancel to retain the value?
it does not include Disneyland in any way. We had to cancel last year due to hurricane. We got the ticket value in a credit that we could use this year but not at Disneyland, where we went instead of WDW/MNSSHP.

We were told that we should use the credit in a year or two but not given a firm date.

Nobody can say how long you have to book. On page one there is a link to how fast parties sold out last year so you can make a best guess. It’s not impossible a discount could drop but if I wanted to do the party I wouldn’t risk it selling out waiting for a like $10 discount.

No Disney World ticket value from any sort of ticket can be used at Disneyland under any circumstance. Even Covid couldn’t break that rule. The systems are entirely separate.

The MNSSHP ticket is non-refundable. In the past Disney has allowed the value to be used toward other tickets. However, they are not obliged in writing to do this on party tickets so the smartest course of action is to treat this as a use it or lose it situation.

Do you guys see a new card active under magic bands after purchasing MNSSHP? The only think I purchased was MNSSHP tickets after booking our package.

Do you guys see a new card active under magic bands after purchasing MNSSHP? The only think I purchased was MNSSHP tickets after booking our package.
I do not see one. I didn't think to check for it until I saw your post. I have seen it in the past for MVMCP but this is our first MNSSHP so I don't know if it works the same way.

I don't see it under magic bands, but I do see it under the tickets tab on the My Plans page of My Disney Experience. (Assuming the new card active is your ticket to the party, if not ignore me.)

Is there going to be an overlay for the train during the party? We've been going since 2017, and never had an opportunity to ride it

The train will likely not be running. It stops at like 5pm on a normal day. If you really want to ride it, do that at 4pm when you can enter.
Thanks for the tip. Now, I'm curious if they'll extend the train's hours for the party, like they did with Jungle Cruise last year.

This will be our 2nd party and was just wondering if any of you have a strategy for the party. Like where do you head to after you get your wrist band?

My family doesnt care about the character meet and greets so we'll head straight for the rides and get in as many as possible during the party and then catch a parade. Just not sure what the best strategy is especially between the times 4-7pm when the regular crowd is still present.

This will be our 2nd party and was just wondering if any of you have a strategy for the party. Like where do you head to after you get your wrist band?

My family doesnt care about the character meet and greets so we'll head straight for the rides and get in as many as possible during the party and then catch a parade. Just not sure what the best strategy is especially between the times 4-7pm when the regular crowd is still present.

For me, the time from 4 pm to 6 pm is used for shows that are not open during the party, COP, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree.

For me, the time from 4 pm to 6 pm is used for shows that are not open during the party, COP, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree.
Same. If DD wants to see a character, she might go get on their line since those get so long, but the rest of us will prioritize shows and also rides we might want to do more than once or ones we don't think we might get to during the party.

As the PP said, use that time to do things that aren't open during the party.
Strategy is pretty much the same as a regular day - your best options for shorter waits are to do things right when the party starts OR wait til closer to the end.
My daughter and I saved the 7Ds until near the end of the party in 2019, and waited less than 30 minutes.

We went for the 3rd time last year and we all agreed that it was our best trip. It was the first time that we entered at 4 and made it to midnight. We kind of just went with the flow between 4-7. If we saw a short line or one that consistently moved, we got on it. We were able to ride the People Mover, Buzz, Haunted Mansion and we sat down for dinner at Pecos Bill all before 7.

My kids also don't care about the characters, parades, or fireworks since we've seen them before so we prioritized rides the entire night. The first parade got canceled due to a storm but the second parade and fireworks did take place. While everyone else was at the castle for a show, the fireworks, or gathered for the parade we got on as many rides as possible. During the fireworks, we rode the People Mover and we were surrounded by empty carts because no one else got on with us. Once the parade started up, we were able to ride the Barnstormer, Haunted Mansion, 7 Dwarfs, and Big Thunder with absolutely no wait.

The canceling of the first parade really played in our favor. A good chunk of the crowd left after the fireworks and the rest wanted to watch the parade since we didn't get the first one. The trick or treat lines were also walkthroughs during those times.

I do agree with everyone else that says try to take advantage of everything that's closed during the party between 4-7 or you can just go by what you see and jump in any short lines before the day guests leave.

I don't see it under magic bands, but I do see it under the tickets tab on the My Plans page of My Disney Experience. (Assuming the new card active is your ticket to the party, if not ignore me.)
That is correct. I was just trying to purchase a MB when I saw an extra card under MB that was active. I remember deactivating everyone’s old MBs.

Not sure where the new card (it’s active) came from. The numbers don’t match anything. When I was deactivating I thought maybe it’s the Halloween party tickets and I shouldn’t deactivate. I would think the party tickets would be linked to the MB+ that we have active (one lost and needs to be replaced). It’s our entire party so it’s not a glitch. I do see our old MBs randomly get ‘lost’ and the ‘report found’ button active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts