"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

We should know in a week what the railroad hours are when the first party day park hours are posted

We bought tickets for September 19th, will celebrate our 30th Anniversary the day before. Figure a good plan for sleeping in and pool time before the party.

Well, sure, but the train hasn't run since 2018, so it could happen. I'm wishing and hoping.
You asked if they could extend the train hours for the party. You’re right that they could but reality is they have not in the past. The train ran for many years prior to its recent closure and it did not run during party hours. My understanding is the train runs during daylight hours. Better people have realistic expectations than be disappointed. If it happens for the first time this year we will all be surprised.

As an example, today’s park hours are 9AM - 11PM. Train hours today are 9AM - 7PM. It stops running 4 hours before the park closes today and this is the norm.

Guests who wish to ride it are best to check that app for hours and ride it before the party actually begins, during regular park hours.

Last edited:
I have tickets for the 12th. This will be our first official party. We did Boo Bash in 2021. I'm looking forward to the shows, fireworks and parade. The food ranks pretty high on my list too.

Can anyone speak to the line situation at 4pm? We have no need to be in the park *right* at 4 but would like to head in around then. Is it essential to be there in line before 4? Or does the line die down a bit by, say 4:15/4:30 after the initial rush/line makes it in? What is the best plan to be in the park within that first hour without spending tons of time in line in the August heat?

Can anyone speak to the line situation at 4pm? We have no need to be in the park *right* at 4 but would like to head in around then. Is it essential to be there in line before 4? Or does the line die down a bit by, say 4:15/4:30 after the initial rush/line makes it in? What is the best plan to be in the park within that first hour without spending tons of time in line in the August heat?
Some of this will depend on weather. Aug/Sep parties are often hampered at the early part of the party by FL storms.

When not, the lines will slow down a bit after the 4PM rush but there will be lines as many take advantage of the 4PM arrival option. That being said, Disney is prepared for the parties and I don't find there is a huge wait to get in once the gates are open to party guests.

While the lines do look intense, they tend to move quick. Also in the past they've opened the lines five or ten minutes early when the crowds got to crazy.

We went last year on the second day of the party. It was a Tuesday night. It was the only park we were doing that day. It was a typical hot August day. We left Pop Century around 2:30. We got there around 3 ish and we were the second group in line at one of the turnstiles.

By 3:40, we were glad we got there when we did. The crowd behind us was rather large. If you are showing up at 4, my guess is that you will wait awhile. Maybe 20 minutes or so.

Some of this will depend on weather. Aug/Sep parties are often hampered at the early part of the party by FL storms.

When not, the lines will slow down a bit after the 4PM rush but there will be lines as many take advantage of the 4PM arrival option. That being said, Disney is prepared for the parties and I don't find there is a huge wait to get in once the gates are open to party guests.

Thanks for the information. I guess I don't want to show up at 3:30 and stand and wait for a half an hour to get in at 4, if we could show up around 4 and be in by 4:15. I like lines that move. :)

Thanks for the tip. Now, I'm curious if they'll extend the train's hours for the party, like they did with Jungle Cruise last year.

The difference with Jungle Cruise is that it runs at night on a normal day. It just didn't during the party before last year. The train does not ever run at night, so it's less likely to see it during the party.

The difference with Jungle Cruise is that it runs at night on a normal day. It just didn't during the party before last year. The train does not ever run at night, so it's less likely to see it during the party.
This is blowing my mind the train doesn’t run at night! I’m a Disneyland vet who started getting into WDW about 5 years ago, I guess I never tried to ride the train at night before it went into its multi-year hiatus. The Disneyland trains run until park close.

Sorry if this has been asked and not to sound like a pig ...maybe I skipped over it, but are we not having ice cream treats anymore?!

Sorry if this has been asked and not to sound like a pig ...maybe I skipped over it, but are we not having ice cream treats anymore?!
That was a Boo Bash thing, the mini-party they ran during Covid times. They’ve returned to the full party, MNSSHP, which doesn’t include ice cream.

That was a Boo Bash thing, the mini-party they ran during Covid times. They’ve returned to the full party, MNSSHP, which doesn’t include ice cream.
Thanks for the answer..I was afraid of that! Now Iam bummed. I thought for sure in the years past we had ice cream treats. But it doesnt surprise me with Disney...one less perk :(

Thanks for the answer..I was afraid of that! Now Iam bummed. I thought for sure in the years past we had ice cream treats. But it doesnt surprise me with Disney...one less perk :(

We’re doing MNSSHP this year and also did the first Boo Bash in 2021. We paid $30 per person more for Boo Bash tickets than we paid for MNSSHP to get the free ice cream “perks”.

We also did the Boo Bash in the fall of 2021... I guess I dont remember what we paid. We wanted to go to the event so we just paid the price. It is what it is ..we still had a great time and wonderful memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter