"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Hi everyone! I purchased 2 DVC discounted MNSSHP tickets. If we had to cancel our trip, could I transfer the party tickets on MDE to our 2 children who live there. They are on our MDE but not DVC owners. They would be using Magic Bands to enter the Party. I just wouldn't want them to have any issues because of the discount. Thank you!
I also have DVC tickets, and the purchase confirmation email includes this wording - I don’t know if this means they will ask to see the DVC ID to get the party wristbands.

Price for eligible Disney Vacation Club Members
Item(s) are priced for eligible Disney Vacation Club Members only. For these items, you must show a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up your tickets or passes.

All dates sell out, so crowds will be the same. We visited at that time last year and did the party and it wasn't bad.

The party will not get canceled due to rain. The only reason it would is if it was something major like a hurricane. But if you chose not to go, they do let you carry the value over to a future event. You'll have to call to apply that credit when purchasing new tickets.
Is this certain? I was telling my family to buy tickets through UT once the 90 day mark hits (hoping the night isn't sold out) so they can get refunded most of their money but, if Disney will let them put the money toward a ticket in the future, maybe it's best to do that before there's a chance for them to be sold out. Of course it's not a refund but I'm sure they'll plan to go another year in the future. Also, if this is true, do you have to call them to let them know you won't be using the ticket or, when you call in the future, they will see the unused ticket in your MDE?

Is this certain? I was telling my family to buy tickets through UT once the 90 day mark hits (hoping the night isn't sold out) so they can get refunded most of their money but, if Disney will let them put the money toward a ticket in the future, maybe it's best to do that before there's a chance for them to be sold out. Of course it's not a refund but I'm sure they'll plan to go another year in the future. Also, if this is true, do you have to call them to let them know you won't be using the ticket or, when you call in the future, they will see the unused ticket in your MDE?

Yes. This is the policy with any expired, but unused ticket.

I also have DVC tickets, and the purchase confirmation email includes this wording - I don’t know if this means they will ask to see the DVC ID to get the party wristbands.

Price for eligible Disney Vacation Club Members
Item(s) are priced for eligible Disney Vacation Club Members only. For these items, you must show a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up your tickets or passes.
I honestly never had to show an AP or DVC card for party or after hours tickets. A DVC-discounted AP is different because you need to activate that at Guest Relations or a ticket window. The live party tickets with a MB or card should be fine. If DVC early entry returned that would be different, but don't try entering during the DVC only time.

I honestly never had to show an AP or DVC card for party or after hours tickets. A DVC-discounted AP is different because you need to activate that at Guest Relations or a ticket window. The live party tickets with a MB or card should be fine. If DVC early entry returned that would be different, but don't try entering during the DVC only time.
Thanks for the info, this is a new process for me,

Yes. This is the policy with any expired, but unused ticket.
Thanks so much! And, I guess this is the same for unused UT Halloween party tickets in your MDE? The price you pay will be applied to a future ticket? Can it be any type of ticket or only a special event?

Neither have I but I wanted to see if anyone had done this exact thing without any problems. When I asked DVC, they said that while I was welcome to purchase tickets for others with the discount, I (or the other Owner) must be present for all of us to use them because ID proof will be required. I've never had to show the proof before and this might just be the rule that they must state when asked. That's why I was checking to see if anyone had gotten in without a problem using these discounted tickets without the proof.

Hi! I searched here (and on WDW & Google) but I could not find an answer. I am hoping that I could get an answer here. I am trying to learn the price of the tickets/dates for military. I read that certain dates offered discounts but could not locate either the actual dates nor the cost of the tickets. I am trying to determine if I should buy using either my AP or DVC discount or make a trip to SOG (if they offer a better discount.) TIA!

@lopo I think I saw AP/DVC was $99?
Although depending on dates, SOG cheaper maybe since no tax

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/ticket-prices
In DC 2 of our local bases did not carry them so I stopped checking, so looking at SOG.
Thank you, Leigh L! I hadn't checked the SOG ticket prices page (duh! I logged in, but didn't look at the right page.) Anyway, I am wicked surprised that the adult price on the day needed is a bit more than the DVC/AP price. I did see the higher cost listed on the military tips site but I thought it was a typo since I expected the military price to at least = the DVC/AP price. The good news is I won't need to order from SOG (& pay postage.) I'll buy directly from Disney. I will need to pay $11.47 more (tax) but I won't have to make a special trip or, as I mentioned, pay postage so it's the better option for me this time.

Thank you, Leigh L! I hadn't checked the SOG ticket prices page (duh! I logged in, but didn't look at the right page.) Anyway, I am wicked surprised that the adult price on the day needed is a bit more than the DVC/AP price. I did see the higher cost listed on the military tips site but I thought it was a typo since I expected the military price to at least = the DVC/AP price. The good news is I won't need to order from SOG (& pay postage.) I'll buy directly from Disney. I will need to pay $11.47 more (tax) but I won't have to make a special trip or, as I mentioned, pay postage so it's the better option for me this time.
I think it was last year, the discount for the parties became very minimal. Last year I think it only saved the tax.
When we went in 2019, it was a much better discount.
Sounds like the way for you to go...plus you don't have to wait at home to sign for your tickets!

I need some advice/input regarding park days/tickets. I bought a ticket for Not So Scary for Sept. 22. I'll be in Orlando from Sept. 20-23.

My initial plan was to buy a 3-Day park ticket and just do the halloween party for MK. With the announcement of the 4-Day ticket offer now, I'm debating purchasing the 4-Day instead of the 3-Day.

One of the reasons I'm considering getting the offer is because I'd like to ride Tron twice. Once before the party and then during. And there isn't any info on how VQ will work for the party OR without park reservations yet.

Would arriving at 4pm at MK and staying until close be enough to warrant NOT buying the 4-Day ticket? (Outside the possibility of riding Tron twice). Ideally, I'd do the thrill rides, the treat trails, and the shows. It would be my first time attending any Disney event.

Thanks!

Just received our tickets for our fall trip! Was not going to do it but after reading this thread and other others decided it was a must do. Now I'm getting excited!
May I ask how long ago you ordered? Mine are in MDE but we did not get them in the mail.

May I ask how long ago you ordered? Mine are in MDE but we did not get them in the mail.

Not sure if this helps but… I think there was an earlier post here that mentioned there was a box to check during checkout if you wanted to receive a physical ticket in the mail. I totally missed it when I bought our tickets and we just have them in our MDE.

Just received our tickets for our fall trip! Was not going to do it but after reading this thread and other others decided it was a must do. Now I'm getting excited!
You made a great call! I wouldn’t have gone last Fall if my friend hadn’t wanted to so badly. She had to bail and since the weather cooperated I decided what the heck, I’ll go! I LOVED it. I was an adult standing there watching the Boo To You Parade grinning from ear to ear. Fun atmosphere, fun outfits, just a special time in the MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter