"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about cookies, but I hope they have the chocolate peppermint marshmallow thing they were handing out at the exit after the event last year—that was TASTY! 😋😋
I may have saved ours, (just DH & I went, no kids), and put them in our kids' stockings on Christmas! Perfect treat!

So we got our tickets for the 12/22 party because that’s the only day that worked for us. I’m reading that this is the worst day for crowds. It’s typically also the first day to sell out. I don’t regret it, and I’m still excited but is anyone else going this day and feeling a bit nervous about being crushed by the crowds? I was hoping a ticketed event might better in terms of crowds than a regular ticket. But I’ve also heard capacity is high for the parties in general. Touring plans is saying there will not be a significant difference in the last three parties.

And thoughts on not watching the parade from Main Street? It's our first time there at Christmas. Any experience watching it from Frontierland area?
We always watch the parade from Main Street. It just has a more magical feeling to us with all the festive lights and the snoap falling. The downside is that you'll be waiting around 25 minutes from the start of the parade in Frontier Land until it reaches Main Street. Then, if you want to do more rides before the party ends, you'll have to fight your way through hoards of people all trying to leave at the same time.
Frontier Land will have less crowds for sure. You'll also have much more time to do more rides after the parade passes if you want. It's actually the perfect time to do rides like Peter Pan and 7 Dwarves, which at that point, will have the shortest waits of the evening.

Has anyone done the party with a 6 year old and 3 year old? We are taking a free day before the party to rest but I am wondering what the best plan is for seeing things. Our must dos are mickeys most merriest celebration, parade, fireworks, totally Tomorrowland, and Disney junior celebration.

Has anyone done the party with a 6 year old and 3 year old? We are taking a free day before the party to rest but I am wondering what the best plan is for seeing things. Our must dos are mickeys most merriest celebration, parade, fireworks, totally Tomorrowland, and Disney junior celebration.
I did it in 2018 when my son was 2.5
My best suggestion is once the schedule comes out just try to map out the best so dont have to backtrack multiple times- and go with the flow, well, because kids lol- we are finally going back this year and my son is now 6!!!

Trying to decide between 12/18 and 12/20. The 18th is a Sunday, so more locals? The 20th is a Tuesday, but the Xmas crowds would have arrived by then?

Also, does anyone know if DAS works during parties?

I just saw ghat the Christmas parade and shows are shown during regular park hours after the last party. We have tickets for 12/22. Does this mean it will be shown on the 23rd? We had that day as a MK day too and I’d be bummed if I could have seen the same things free the next day without getting tickets.

I just saw ghat the Christmas parade and shows are shown during regular park hours after the last party. We have tickets for 12/22. Does this mean it will be shown on the 23rd? We had that day as a MK day too and I’d be bummed if I could have seen the same things free the next day without getting tickets.
unfortunately that is correct

I don’t know that it states that anywhere specifically however, historically, beginning the day after the last party, the Christmas parade and fireworks occur during regular park hours instead of the regular offerings.

We’ve been several years on 12/23 and/or 12/24 for this reason specifically.

I don’t know that it states that anywhere specifically however, historically, beginning the day after the last party, the Christmas parade and fireworks occur during regular park hours instead of the regular offerings.

Thanks for this info! Does it also snow on Main Street these days? What about the Christmas stage show? I’m trying to decide if I want to buy tickets for the 22nd or just go to MK on the 23rd as well.

Thank you for this. I called today and was “expedited” to a higher up. They refunded my non-refundable ticket after I explained that I wasn’t aware the parade and fireworks are repeated the next day, I had to wait on hold almost three hours and transferred a couple of times but they did it, I’m sad not to be going but it’s just not worth it to me now.

Thanks for this info! Does it also snow on Main Street these days? What about the Christmas stage show? I’m trying to decide if I want to buy tickets for the 22nd or just go to MK on the 23rd as well.
I don’t think it includes the stage show or snow on Main Street (or special characters, cookies, souvenirs, etc), If those are important you should probably go to the party.

Finally being able to go to MVMCP! Got tickets for the 18th (little ones birthday) so we’re super excited. Was supposed to go in 2019 but my little one came exactly 7 days on the dot before Christmas (Christmas was actually my due date) and in November I was way too uncomfortable to travel. After my delivery we then planned for 2020 but then COVID hit so that was a bust. I’ve watched so many YouTube videos on the past parties and we’re really looking forward to it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter