"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing the Halloween party on Sept. 5/Labor Day... based on how that goes, we'll decide about the Christmas party. I've never done parties before, only after hours events. That said we don't have much interest in holiday character lines, so if the later parades, special treats and lower wait lines deliver, that's our goal. We are doing the party in lieu of day park tickets, so the cost almost evens out for us since we are on a quick trip (and day tickets wouldn't be discounted much - in fact party tickets are cheaper than a day ticket on our date). Have to admit, I've always wanted to see snow on Main St :). My dad (a huge Disney fan who shared that with me) passed away this past year - there is a party on his birthday in December, so we may go regardless of Halloween party... even doing a few favorites in his memory will be worth it.

Is parking included? If not, how much does it cost? I am currently a passholder, but not sure if I will renew.

Is parking included? If not, how much does it cost? I am currently a passholder, but not sure if I will renew.

I know as off site resort guests we pay $25 to park each day (only pay that once, keep your receipt in case you hop!) Not sure what it is if you hold a pass, are a resort guest etc.

We got out MVMCP tickets for December 4th. We were there for the last once in 2019 technically twice, got rained out the first night, then got a refund and went another night. Glad we're finally going home. We'll see if it's the last trip.

Got our tickets for Nov 14th! This is also our first time at Disney!! We have a 4 and a 7 year old. Does anyone have any "touring" plans for the party for little kids? I am not sure character meets are our priority since my four year old does tends to get scared by characters up close. Maybe just classic mickey?

I have a question about tickets to special events. The terms and conditions say that the tickets are non-refundable, transferrable or re-sellable, even if Disney themselves cancels the event.
I have seen some travel insurance exclude events tickets (like the built in insurance for the Chase Sapphire Reserve).
Does anyone know if/of travel insurance companies (don't forget to link) that cover event tickets?
or, maybe Event Insurance? Does Disney offer it?

I have a question about tickets to special events. The terms and conditions say that the tickets are non-refundable, transferrable or re-sellable, even if Disney themselves cancels the event.
I have seen some travel insurance exclude events tickets (like the built in insurance for the Chase Sapphire Reserve).
Does anyone know if/of travel insurance companies (don't forget to link) that cover event tickets?
or, maybe Event Insurance? Does Disney offer it?

Disney doesn't offer it, and I'm sure you can buy trip insurance and the party tickets could fall under the umbrella total of the trip. I know there have been instances where you can get a voucher for a party if yours is a total disaster. Mine in 2019 was a complete wash out. They had to cancel fireworks and parades and everyone was mass exiting the park. We left earlier but they started handing out vouchers. I found out on here on these boards the next morning and we went to guest services and they were nice enough to set us up with new party tickets for another night of our choice.

Everyone have fun! We leave on the 4th 😭 At least we will get to see the decor.

Excited to see the party is happening in 2022. So I have seen 2 different times. If you have a Christmas party ticket do you get in at 4:00 or 7:00?
Also do you also need a park ticket or just the party ticket? Thanks

Excited to see the party is happening in 2022. So I have seen 2 different times. If you have a Christmas party ticket do you get in at 4:00 or 7:00?
Also do you also need a park ticket or just the party ticket? Thanks
You do NOT need a park ticket. You can enter the park at 4:00 if you don’t have a park ticket. You can ride any rides and do whatever you want from 4-7. Party starts at 7:00.

Thanks for confirming. We will be at MK 12/2 normal hours) and then 12/4, normal hours + the party. So I guess we’ll get to see them twice! I hope I like them better in person than I have streamed online. If not I have faith the Christmas fireworks will bring the magic!

We were considering doing HS on 12/2 since MK will be reduced hours, but ugh, I can’t deal with the stress of genie and then a crowded HS on top of it. I really miss being able to pre-select ride times with FP+
Since you will be in the MK on a non party night you'll get to see Enchantment that night and the Christmas fireworks on party night. They are NOT showing both Enchantment and the Christmas fireworks on party nights. Confirmed by calling in and verified through chat with a different CM.

So, are we sure that there will be different cookies? Last year (I know, not a MVMCP) there was ONE type of cookie. I really hope there will be as many as are on this post again!

Do we know if they will be running the parade twice during the party? I've ready that in the past the second parade was less crowded. I was thinking we would watch the second parade and then just stay there for the fireworks if we got a good spot around the hub.

So, are we sure that there will be different cookies? Last year (I know, not a MVMCP) there was ONE type of cookie. I really hope there will be as many as are on this post again!
I don’t know about cookies, but I hope they have the chocolate peppermint marshmallow thing they were handing out at the exit after the event last year—that was TASTY! 😋😋

I am so looking forward to this event! Thank you for keeping us updated on everything. Is there anyone else concerned about the nonrefundable ticket. Wanting to get tickets for November.

So I read where the tickets are non-transferrable. I would like to purchase but if there is an issue that my husband cannot go with me my daughter will be going. Does this mean if I buy now I cannot transfer into another name? I hate to wait to long in case they sell out.

Are the fireworks shot off at the castle like the normal ones? Just wondering if you could see them from the GF

Do we know if they will be running the parade twice during the party? I've ready that in the past the second parade was less crowded. I was thinking we would watch the second parade and then just stay there for the fireworks if we got a good spot around the hub.
Nothing conformed for the Christmas party, but the Halloween party will have 2 parades. It would be a really safe bet to assume that the Christmas will have 2 parades as well.
As for the second parade being less crowded? Nope. Some people say that the second parade is less crowded, but that was only true many years ago. Basically, everyone was told that the second parade was less busy, so lots of people just wait for the second one now, following old advise. When we did the Christmas party back in 2019, both parades on Main Street were 4-5 people deep.
And FYI, the second parade is AFTER the fireworks. Fireworks in past parties were at 10:00. First parade was at 8:30 and second was at 11:00. So if you watch the first parade, you'll probably be waiting for fireworks for an hour or so. Likewise, if you watch the fireworks, you'll probably be waiting for 45 minutes until the parade reaches the hub.
I'd say just do whatever fits in your plans the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter