"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow-yes. But not all the other things.
We’re actually doing a MVMCP this year just to get the full experience. We’ve missed it!
Ooh, the snow would be nice if that was included too.

In a change of plans, we are actually going to pop into MK the day of the party on the 22nd on a regular ticket (we will have hoppers) and hopefully enjoy slightly lower crowds since fewer people will choose MK since it is a party day. Then hop somewhere else in the evening. Then we will go back to MK the next day for a regular day.

For us, $800 is not worth it for a stage show and cookies when the parade and fireworks are the next day. Everyone is different though. Either way, we are all at Disney during Christmas! 😊🎄 I hope everyone has a great time!

DVC members can get into MK with a party ticket at 2 (or is it 12?) regular party ticket holders can get in at 4. MK gets very busy on party days so definitely a good plan to hop.

DVC members can get into MK with a party ticket at 2 (or is it 12?) regular party ticket holders can get in at 4. MK gets very busy on party days so definitely a good plan to hop.
I am a DVC member and I have heard it’s rumored that DVC can get in at 2:00. I don’t know if it’s official.

The 22nd is going to be packed during the party especially if 2019 is repeated and they oversell again. Plus it’s the last one. Morning and afternoon that day should be better. Which is weird because you pay a high premium in part, for the “lower waits” at the parties. That may be true of some dates but not likely the last three.

Good to know! We're going to the Dec. 22nd party (we'll be there for Christmas Day and that week!) so was a bit worried. I'll be up anyways when they go on sale since the time difference is in my favor so I'll just buy em right away.
Hi, you mean in advance, yes?
I highly doubt there will be tickets left for the party in the am of 12/22. Imho I would gest them asap. That's going to be a sellout date.
Sparkle on!

I am a DVC member and I have heard it’s rumored that DVC can get in at 2:00. I don’t know if it’s official.

The 22nd is going to be packed during the party especially if 2019 is repeated and they oversell again. Plus it’s the last one. Morning and afternoon that day should be better. Which is weird because you pay a high premium in part, for the “lower waits” at the parties. That may be true of some dates but not likely the last three.
Just saw it posted other spots.

Hi all! So excited for MVMCP this year!! Two DVC-related party questions that I can't find in the fine print... we have family members coming with us to WDW and staying with us on a DVC stay (my aunt, cousin and cousin's daughter). 1) When I buy our party tickets will I be able to get discounted tickets for them too? I don't know if a DVC blue card is required for every individual, or just the one picking up the tickets. 2) If DVC members are able to enter the parks at 2pm on party day, can they come at 2 as well? It would seem strange for half of our group to be able to go at that time, and the other half not. Thanks for any insights you all have! :)

Hi all! So excited for MVMCP this year!! Two DVC-related party questions that I can't find in the fine print... we have family members coming with us to WDW and staying with us on a DVC stay (my aunt, cousin and cousin's daughter). 1) When I buy our party tickets will I be able to get discounted tickets for them too? I don't know if a DVC blue card is required for every individual, or just the one picking up the tickets. 2) If DVC members are able to enter the parks at 2pm on party day, can they come at 2 as well? It would seem strange for half of our group to be able to go at that time, and the other half not. Thanks for any insights you all have! :)

Curious about this too. My understanding is that the DVC owner can only purchase Tix for those living in the same household. But I might be wrong.

We're going with my sister and her family, and she's a DVC owner. It'd be great if we can get in earlier with them (one can hope!).

Not sure when you are planning on going but there are only certain days that are discounted and they are all earlier dates. They are basically the “less popular” days.

There has not been anything official (that I know of) about the 2:00 entry although people are saying you can. Like with most things, I would assume it would include everyone within your party or linked to your MDE.

Lots of people are saying DVC members can enter the party for 2:00, but I can't find anything posted by Disney about this. I don't know if people are assuming they can because they could have entered early for the last MVMCP, or a CM actually said that they could.
I asked some people who they heard it from and no one seems to remember, only that they remember hearing it from someone.
So if anyone calls or chats with a Disney CM anytime soon, this would be a great question to ask.

Not sure when you are planning on going but there are only certain days that are discounted and they are all earlier dates. They are basically the “less popular” days.

There has not been anything official (that I know of) about the 2:00 entry although people are saying you can. Like with most things, I would assume it would include everyone within your party or linked to your MDE.
Yep! Basically we're deciding between December 1 (discount!) and December 5 (no discount!) and if I can get the entire party in at a discount, that may make our decision easier. :) I was hoping the same with the early entry... it would make sense, right?

Yep! Basically we're deciding between December 1 (discount!) and December 5 (no discount!) and if I can get the entire party in at a discount, that may make our decision easier. :) I was hoping the same with the early entry... it would make sense, right?
Yeah, I would say as long as you are buying the tickets for everyone in your party, all would be discounted. When you think about it, I am DVC but my two daughters are not. They are not going to only discount mine just because I’m the only one who is DVC. It’s everyone in my party.

Hi

We will be there for long weekend in November - thinking about going to party either 11/11 or 11/14.
Would rather wait to get tickets to see how the weather will be...but will these dates sell out well beforehand?

thanks!

Last edited:
Kind of impossible to say but in 2019, the last time we had MVMCP, the first three dates to sell out were:

Nov 8, the Friday before Veterans Day and the first MVMCP, sold out on Oct 15
Nov 24, the Sunday before Thanksgiving, sold out on Nov 6
December 22, the last MVMCP, sold out on Nov 13

I don't think anyone knows yet what capacity vs demand looks like for 2022 vs 2019 but there ya go! [source: blog mickey]

Kind of impossible to say but in 2019, the last time we had MVMCP, the first three dates to sell out were:

Nov 8, the Friday before Veterans Day and the first MVMCP, sold out on Oct 15
Nov 24, the Sunday before Thanksgiving, sold out on Nov 6
December 22, the last MVMCP, sold out on Nov 13

I don't think anyone knows yet what capacity vs demand looks like for 2022 vs 2019 but there ya go! [source: blog mickey]
thats good info - thanks!!

Lots of people are saying DVC members can enter the party for 2:00, but I can't find anything posted by Disney about this. I don't know if people are assuming they can because they could have entered early for the last MVMCP, or a CM actually said that they could.
I asked some people who they heard it from and no one seems to remember, only that they remember hearing it from someone.
So if anyone calls or chats with a Disney CM anytime soon, this would be a great question to ask.
I agree with you - if anyone knows FOR SURE, please let us know!

I have heard this but can't find any confirmation. In reality, it's probably not that big of a deal, but still would be nice to know ahead of time.

First time for the party just 2 older adults. We are staying at the GF. Would we be better walking back or riding the monorail. Where is a good spot to watch the parade for easy access out. After walking the park I am sure monorail would be easier on the knees but wondering if the walk to doable to avoid the crowds and do you watch the parade from the same area either way. Thank you

First time for the party just 2 older adults. We are staying at the GF. Would we be better walking back or riding the monorail. Where is a good spot to watch the parade for easy access out. After walking the park I am sure monorail would be easier on the knees but wondering if the walk to doable to avoid the crowds and do you watch the parade from the same area either way. Thank you
If getting out of there as quickly as possible is your goal, then the best spot is near the train station and hit the exit as soon as Santa and his float passes by.
If you get out of there early enough, the line for the monorail shouldn't be too long and you should be able to get a seat and be back to GF pretty quickly.
If by chance you get caught up in the crowds, the lines for the monorails, boats, and busses are awful. The lines are long, the people are packed in, and it's most likely standing room only for most people.

Honestly though, walking back will probably get you back around the same time as the monorail. I love the peaceful walk at the end of the day. Causally strolling back with the one I love, taking in the sights and sounds in the evening, reflecting back on what an amazing day it was. What's not to like about that?

Yes, as long as you buy the tickets while logged in to your Disney account that is linked to your DVC membership, you can buy discounted tickets for all of your group. I have previously brought friends and colleagues this way and it always works.

However, not all dates for the Christmas Party have a DVC discount available. When you go to the online sales for the tickets, you can select with or without your DVC discount. If you select the discount, only the dates that have a discount will show up. Without the discount, you will see all available dates on the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter