"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so, after hours on the phone with the airline, there's no way I'm going to make it down there. Calling to see about a ticket refund/credit/whatever now. Anyone have any advice?

Okay, so, after hours on the phone with the airline, there's no way I'm going to make it down there. Calling to see about a ticket refund/credit/whatever now. Anyone have any advice?
Were you Thursday or Friday?

Now that the park is officially closed, I have to assume Thursday will be real refunds. I would like to think they'd do that for Friday, too, since the airports will be closed for people like you who be arriving, but who knows? That one may continue to be only credit towards future tickets/hard tickets.

Were you Thursday or Friday?

Now that the park is officially closed, I have to assume Thursday will be real refunds. I would like to think they'd do that for Friday, too, since the airports will be closed for people like you who be arriving, but who knows? That one may continue to be only credit towards future tickets/hard tickets.
I'm Friday and Sunday. I suspect there may be drama with Sunday, but since Delta can't get me down there, I don't really have much choice.

If you're at MK today, there are walk up tickets available due to lots of people not being able to make it in.

If you're at MK today, there are walk up tickets available due to lots of people not being able to make it in.

How does that work? Dh and I might try to fly in Saturday and try for tickets to the Sunday party. Where do we go to ask about available tickets?

How does that work? Dh and I might try to fly in Saturday and try for tickets to the Sunday party. Where do we go to ask about available tickets?
Go right to the ticket booth at the front of the park or GS. You can't order them online, and if I'm being real about it, this may be the only weekend with the hurricane and all.

We have tickets to the Thursday party and have not been contacted. Any thoughts on waiting to see what the Disney cancellation email will provide v calling in for a refund? I saw the newsletter someone posted above which seems to say that in the past, people have been accommodated on sold out nights if parties are cancelled. We live 2 hours away and would prefer to go an alternate night rather than a refund.

Go right to the ticket booth at the front of the park or GS. You can't order them online, and if I'm being real about it, this may be the only weekend with the hurricane and all.

Thanks. We have tickets for Friday but aren't sure we're going to be able to get a new flight so it's nice to think this might be an option.

Did you have a non hopper ticket and reservation at another park that day? I've seen others report this somehow makes you eligible for Genie+ in those pre-party hours even though your regular ticket wouldn't have gotten you into MK.
Nope, no other ticket or reservation that day. Just a party ticket.

Maybe this is a change or just a fluke - but we were able to purchase Genie+ on 9/19 with just a party ticket (no Magic Kingdom park reservation or park hopper). We selected MK as our park in the My Day tab and it let us purchase and book.

We didn't arrive with stacked LLs - since most return times were almost immediate, we just churned through as many as we could between 4-5:30pm. Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash, and Under the Sea (we absolutely did not need a LL for that last one). We were also able to pre-purchase a LL+ for Seven Dwarfs. Standby waits were posted around 15-30 min during this period - so did we need Genie+? No. But it let us knock out some rides quickly and then focus on the party after 7pm.
Hm. This is interesting. So we are “grandfathered” in to the old system (when you purchased genie for the duration of your trip vs day by day) I wonder if we would automatically have genie for the pre party hours 3-6 when we plan to arrive at park 🤔

After sitting on hold since i posted this, my call was abruptly dumped into the past call survey then hung up on. if anyone else is considering it, I'd strongly advise not to bother calling tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter