Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I don't think that necessarily follows- this event is priced higher than the Boo Bash, no doubt in part to cover additional entertainment expenses. I think it's anybody's guess what capacity is going to look like until the actual reports come in. Before Boo Bash started there were tons of people on here saying that it was going to be crowded and people were going to hate it, and that specter didn't materialize. I still have high hopes for this event (we loved Boo Bash). I do understand the argument that shows space out crowds so they could have higher attendance without it feeling like higher crowds, but we will just have to wait to find out

I certainly hope you are right and I am waiting as I believe many others are for reports from first few parties🤞

I don't think that necessarily follows- this event is priced higher than the Boo Bash, no doubt in part to cover additional entertainment expenses. I think it's anybody's guess what capacity is going to look like until the actual reports come in. Before Boo Bash started there were tons of people on here saying that it was going to be crowded and people were going to hate it, and that specter didn't materialize. I still have high hopes for this event (we loved Boo Bash). I do understand the argument that shows space out crowds so they could have higher attendance without it feeling like higher crowds, but we will just have to wait to find out

I think it is higher capacity than Boo Bash and that, along with the prices, are why it hasn’t sold out any yet.

I think it is higher capacity than Boo Bash and that, along with the prices, are why it hasn’t sold out any yet.

I believe it will sell out when it gets closer to party dates or after first few parties...I think people are waiting to see how first few parties turn out and also why put out so much money now so far ahead of time ...might as well wait til dates get closer unless they suddenly start selling out....

We are flying in just for the party. Nov. 9 Going home Nov. 10. It’s one of the first parties,so hoping it’s not to crowed. Will have 2 people with DAS. It will be a crazy night, but should be fun. Glad we booked our room before there was a 2 night minimum.

I bought tickets for our family for the first time for Nov. 23rd. We are super excited! I am surprised that they haven't sold out already. We know the week of Thanksgiving is always a killer! When my family went in 2019 they were sold out way before I could buy them, but not this time when I bought them barely a month before. It's weird. I'm having trouble getting DVC room reservations and ADR's that week, but not tickets for MVMAP.

Any word on what to expect in terms of parade, fireworks, etc starting Dec 22 til the end of the year (when Christmas after hours events are not scheduled?)

Just booked a trip for Dec 12-19, hubby and me. Do I dare book the party- over $400😬 Will the crowds really be low? Would love the Christmas fun though😎

I am curious. Can you still book dessert party these days if you only have this ticket? I know dessert party starts around 6:30 those days. Can you reserve that dining, and then just go a half hour later?

I am curious. Can you still book dessert party these days if you only have this ticket? I know dessert party starts around 6:30 those days. Can you reserve that dining, and then just go a half hour later?
Funny you ask, I googled the exact same thing this morning. I found an old Disboards thread where people said you can show up late, but they might be out of some of the desserts, and if you are doing one on Tomorrowland Terrace that all the good viewing spots will have been claimed so you'll end up with not as great of a view as if you'd gotten there on time. It was from a few years back, though, so maybe it has changed.

Edited to add the thread from 2017: https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...p-for-the-mk-fireworks-dessert-party.3633945/

Funny you ask, I googled the exact same thing this morning. I found an old Disboards thread where people said you can show up late, but they might be out of some of the desserts, and if you are doing one on Tomorrowland Terrace that all the good viewing spots will have been claimed so you'll end up with not as great of a view as if you'd gotten there on time. It was from a few years back, though, so maybe it has changed.

Yeah with the latest app updates, it now shows on the dining reservations when you search on the phone. So I was like hmmm interesting.

Then again I already think the prices are insane for the after party. Now I’d add another 99 per person? Lol

that’s a little insane

Yeah with the latest app updates, it now shows on the dining reservations when you search on the phone. So I was like hmmm interesting.

Then again I already think the prices are insane for the after party. Now I’d add another 99 per person? Lol

that’s a little insane
that's the same conclusion I reached - it came up as I was searching for a dinner reservation before our Christmas party, but decided if I'm going to shell out that kind of $$$ for our group of 5 then I'm just going to buy a park ticket for another day. Now what I really want to know is whether we can buy Genie+ for the day of our party even if we don't have tickets and use it to make a 7 PM ride reservation.

that's the same conclusion I reached - it came up as I was searching for a dinner reservation before our Christmas party, but decided if I'm going to shell out that kind of $$$ for our group of 5 then I'm just going to buy a park ticket for another day. Now what I really want to know is whether we can buy Genie+ for the day of our party even if we don't have tickets and use it to make a 7 PM ride reservation.

I was thinking about genie also but I’m fairly confident all rides will be ridden with no issues during the after party.

Then another part of me was like, hmm well if I can get some rides in before the after party, I can concentrate on the Christmas stuff instead.

I was thinking about genie also but I’m fairly confident all rides will be ridden with no issues during the after party.

Then another part of me was like, hmm well if I can get some rides in before the after party, I can concentrate on the Christmas stuff instead.
When we went to Boo Bash we got all of Adventureland done before the party started, and it was definitely nice to not feel so rushed once the actual Halloween stuff started. I just don't see that happening around Christmas, though, because of crowds. Either way I'm sure we will all have a great time!

I called and the CM asked a manager and he said the answer was no. He said checking in at 7pm when check in for the desert party is at 6:30 pm would not be allowed. This surprised me but just reporting what I was told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!