Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I would expect the 8th to be media/vlogger filled so maybe people there for race weekend avoided that first night and all crammed into the 9th. Keep in mind UK travel will be back so that can also really change the numbers game.
I am back and forth with going during our universal trip. it would be 11/12 but a Friday seems iffy. Although when we were there in Oct the Sunday night at MK was absolute chaos before the party - weather was perfect for it too.

Considering taking my daughter, would like your thoughts. We are a Universal fam, she is 14 and loves thrill rides. We took a trip to Hollywood Studios in addition to a universal trip last year, but the last time she was in MK, AK, Epcot was when she was 3 and the fastpasses were paper! My daughter loves Christmas and we went to the Orlando Informer Meetup after hours Universal party last season. This year we are going to do a couple of days at Universal, but then either the Merriest after hours or 2 days with park hoppers on the Tues/Wed before Thanksgiving. Crowds will be heavy I think and there's a good chance that we may splurge for Genie+, but probably not the individual lightning lanes. So either, 2 days in parks with park hoppers and Genie + and deal with crowds or the Tues before Thanksgiving Very Merriest. It is a more expensive night, but possibly filled with more holiday magic than crowded daytime park experiences.

Considering taking my daughter, would like your thoughts. We are a Universal fam, she is 14 and loves thrill rides. We took a trip to Hollywood Studios in addition to a universal trip last year, but the last time she was in MK, AK, Epcot was when she was 3 and the fastpasses were paper! My daughter loves Christmas and we went to the Orlando Informer Meetup after hours Universal party last season. This year we are going to do a couple of days at Universal, but then either the Merriest after hours or 2 days with park hoppers on the Tues/Wed before Thanksgiving. Crowds will be heavy I think and there's a good chance that we may splurge for Genie+, but probably not the individual lightning lanes. So either, 2 days in parks with park hoppers and Genie + and deal with crowds or the Tues before Thanksgiving Very Merriest. It is a more expensive night, but possibly filled with more holiday magic than crowded daytime park experiences.

Since those days are going to be SO crowded, I would do the party instead, for the holiday magic. (Full disclosure: we're doing both AND staying at a pseudo-deluxe hotel so that we can get extended evening hours on Monday and Wednesday, because I really, really can't deal with crowds.)

Wife and I scheduled an impulsive, impromptu us-only (no kids) trip the week before Thanksgiving. Feels strange to go sans kids but I think we’ll enjoy it just the same. Figured the slight premium for the after party (going on 11/18) is justifiable as we’re only buying two tickets, get to see all the decor and overlays, and presumably lower waits.

Wife and I scheduled an impulsive, impromptu us-only (no kids) trip the week before Thanksgiving. Feels strange to go sans kids but I think we’ll enjoy it just the same.
Once you go no kids, you'll never go back :laughing: Hubby and I went on our first no kids trip (Disneyland) after our youngest graduated HS - it was such a blast. We try to go every couple of years. It's kind of great not having to accommodate the kids - oops did I type that out loud?

That being said, we are having a last family trip (kids are getting up there in age) blow out to Universal in Nov. I decided to put my Disney fix eggs all in one basket, and we are going to the Merriest Party on Monday Nov. 8th. It will be our only Disney on the trip. Hoping for short lines!

We were planning a couple days at the end of December (just HS & MK). We decided to just get one day tickets for HS and purchase Merriest After Hours tickets for MK. We were fortunate to be there for the 50th on 10/1 so this trip is really about celebrating the holidays.

Anyone skip a day at MK in favor of the After Hours? We normally spend about 8 hours in the parks, so 6 with lighter crowds and festivities we thought would be worth the trade off.

We were planning a couple days at the end of December (just HS & MK). We decided to just get one day tickets for HS and purchase Merriest After Hours tickets for MK. We were fortunate to be there for the 50th on 10/1 so this trip is really about celebrating the holidays.

Anyone skip a day at MK in favor of the After Hours? We normally spend about 8 hours in the parks, so 6 with lighter crowds and festivities we thought would be worth the trade off.
We did this with Boo Bash and it worked out great. We did everything we wanted to do and then had time to spare. We are doing it again for Merriest AH in December (but not going to any other Disney parks - venturing over to Legoland for my son instead).

We are skipping a day in MK and just doing the Merriest After Hours on the 8th instead. We did this a number of years ago with the regular MK After Hours event, and it was so worth it.

Making our first visit since March 2020, so we are celebrating by forking over the dough for Dec. 5.🤗

This is us exactly. Were there when they announced the shut down. That trip was the first time we did an AH, which was AK. We thought it was worth every cent! The Merriest thing is $100 more per ticket, but we may just do that. I didn't realize it coincided with our trip in Dec until today.

We were at DHS on the final day, lines were short. Thankfully we were originally scheduled to go home two days after that and were able to do all 4 parks.

END OF DEC.... the closer to Dec 21, the crazier /busy it gets.

We’re going November 30. Staying at VGF, so it can be easy to get back to resort afterwards. DH loves all things Christmas, so seeing the parade and fireworks just made it an easy decision for us to go.

Looks like all the less expensive days are going to sell out first. Surprised they went before the first day or the ones closer to Christmas - despite the crazy price.

Definitely didn’t expect my Nov 16 party night to sell out so soon. Maybe they found the peak price people are willing to pay..

Looks like all the less expensive days are going to sell out first. Surprised they went before the first day or the ones closer to Christmas - despite the crazy price.

Definitely didn’t expect my Nov 16 party night to sell out so soon. Maybe they found the peak price people are willing to pay..

Those less expensive parties during the first two weeks are also the only ones offered with an AP discount, making them even more attractive price-wise than the later ones. I’m hoping they decide to extend the AP discount to the rest.

We booked a last minute trip yesterday and will be at the first party on 11/8. I’ve been away from the forums for a few months so I’ve missed the Boo Bash updates. Does anyone know if they’ve tended to let people in right at 7 or if they’re letting anyone in a bit earlier? I know it could change for this event, I just wondered if showing up slightly early might be worth it.

We booked a last minute trip yesterday and will be at the first party on 11/8. I’ve been away from the forums for a few months so I’ve missed the Boo Bash updates. Does anyone know if they’ve tended to let people in right at 7 or if they’re letting anyone in a bit earlier? I know it could change for this event, I just wondered if showing up slightly early might be worth it.

There have been some reports of 645-650ish... I am planning to arrive early enough to line up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter