"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh! Yes, it shows under "Tickets & Memory Maker" but not in Itinerary. I expected it to show in itinerary like the dessert parties. You guys rock! Tks!

Cool, no worries - it's a common question. A lot of people just expect it to show up on the itinerary part. I will sometimes add a manual note about it since I like to see all/most of my plans in one place.

Have fun!

Hey! Wondering what we should do. Since Sunday's party is sold out our only other option is to go Tuesday, we fly out Thursday. Forecast showed some light showers which I figured would be ok, we'll just pack our rain jackets and umbrellas. I go to check the weather again today before buying the tickets and now it's showing thunderstorms all evening. Oy.

I'm not sure I can shell out $240 for a rained out party, but I know the weather could still change!

Hey! Wondering what we should do. Since Sunday's party is sold out our only other option is to go Tuesday, we fly out Thursday. Forecast showed some light showers which I figured would be ok, we'll just pack our rain jackets and umbrellas. I go to check the weather again today before buying the tickets and now it's showing thunderstorms all evening. Oy.

I'm not sure I can shell out $240 for a rained out party, but I know the weather could still change!

Yeah I also wanted to get for Tuesday today but those thunderstorms late day into the night is stopping me so far so I don’t know.

Sigh.

Here's my plan of attack for the MVMCP. Is this trying to do too much? We will be a group of 6 including 1 in a scooter. We will split up for parade and fireworks viewing (scooter +1 in handicapped accessible area, other 4 elsewhere). Any critiques on this plan are welcome -- we've never been before! Thanks in advance!

Enter at 2pm (DVC early entry)
Fire Station for MVMCP SotMK cards
Find party merchandise (I assume we will be given Party wristbands when we enter at 2pm, so hopefully we will be allowed to look & purchase; I'm thinking there will be very little left but would like to look. Anyone know where in the Emporium the Party merch is?)
3:00 - 5:00 - Ride anything we can and make sure we know where the handicapped accessible viewing spots are for parade and fireworks
5:15 - Get in line to meet Moana (starts meeting at 5:45)
6:30 - After meeting Moana, head to Tomorrowland & get in line to meet Nick & Judy (start at 6:15)
7:00 – 9:00 - Tomorrowland. Rides: Space, Peoplemover, Laugh Floor. 7:45 or 8:35 - A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
9:00 - Over to hub area to find fireworks viewing spots as first parade is finishing
9:25 - Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
10:00 - Fireworks; after fireworks, move to parade viewing spots (scooter +1 will move to handicapped viewing area; others may stay where they are if they like their spot)
11:00 – Parade
11:40 – Head to Casey Jr. area for Scrooge McDuck & Donald and/or Circus Big Top for Minnie & Daisy

Looking at this it seems impossible given it's a sold out party and I'm expecting hordes of people all trying to be in the same places at the same times. Then again, maybe it's possible. Thoughts???

Yeah I also wanted to get for Tuesday today but those thunderstorms late day into the night is stopping me so far so I don’t know.

Sigh.

I know, I'm so bummed. Would they even still do the parade and fireworks in a storm like that? Or I guess delay it until there is an opening?at be less crowded though, haha!

I know, I'm so bummed. Would they even still do the parade and fireworks in a storm like that? Or I guess delay it until there is an opening?at be less crowded though, haha!

The issue is it’s to to far out to tell when the storms will arrive and how the radar would be. The bigger issue is that the party will most likely sell out before that’s known lol

Fireworks I’m sure they will. Parade would only be canceled with lightening and I’m not sure they get a lot of that this time of year. The street dancers wouldn’t perform though if rain is bad.

Makes me think of a line from "Home for the Holidays" which always confused me:

🎶 Gee...the traffic is terrific

I always wondered if they were being sarcastic 🤔
One (googled online) definition of terrific is "of great size, amount, or intensity" It's mostly an older usage, the song was written in 1954.

One (googled online) definition of terrific is "of great size, amount, or intensity" It's mostly an older usage, the song was written in 1954.
I was always curious about this line as well. I see the older uses of Terrific, meaning something large or even terrible. Yet the line and even the way Perry Como sings it, comes across as being sarcastic. I mean the line seems to start with an almost eye-rolled, "Gee...". Gee-whiz, isn't this fantastic... wonderful... terrific?

I always felt it was sarcasm mingled in a song about massive crowds all trying to get home for the holidays.

Think we would have any luck going to guest services at the parks today to ask for a refund for the 17th? The idea of thunderstorms all evening does not sound appealing. Cannot switch to another day as we leave the 18th.

Think we would have any luck going to guest services at the parks today to ask for a refund for the 17th? The idea of thunderstorms all evening does not sound appealing. Cannot switch to another day as we leave the 18th.
You can always try, just keep in mind they might not do it cause the tickets say non refundable

December 12
Dh and I
Things are little all over the place because of the rain
  • Went through bypass for our first cookie. No photo pass photographers because it was raining. Got two photo pass pictures in Tomorrowland Terrace.
  • Tried to get in line for Nick and Judy at 5:30 pm, but there was no line because of the rain. We asked someone in the Buzz gift shop and she said she wasn’t sure when they would come out. She guessed it would be 7 pm so we left and decided to come back later.
  • Ate dinner at Cosmic Ray’s since it was raining and not yet time for the party to start.
  • Walked over to ask about Santa Goofy. They said he would meet, but they weren’t exactly sure where because of the rain. We were feeling pretty bummed at this point and weren’t sure what we would be able to get done.
  • It was getting close to 6:30 pm so we walked back to Carousel of Progress to see if Nick and Judy were out and they were. There was a short line that only took about 5-10 minutes. This was our first time meeting them and they were really fun! There wasn't a photo pass photographer so we had to use our phone. It actually worked better because I think the CM took about 20 pictures of us lol.
  • We walked back to Santa Goofy and they still weren’t sure where he would be meeting. He came out a little after 7 pm and they put him to the left of the train station over by the dance party. This was about a 10 minute wait.
  • Got pretzels by where the dwarves meet. Those pretzels were the best snack ever. I liked having these as an option compared to just cookies.
  • Rode Tea Cups then did People Mover and Laugh Floor. We also stopped at the two treat spots in Tomorrowland. Neither of them had a long line.
  • Around this time we noticed the Hub was really busy so we went around the park to get to the other side (through Fantasyland). We wanted the Gingerbread Sundae, but we were both too full so we skipped it.
  • We did all of the treat trails in Frontierland and Adventureland except Miner’s Cove. One thing I want to point out is that I was told the Go-Go Squeeze at Diamond Horseshoe is only for allergies. I love that applesauce and she was nice enough to give me one, but she kind of gave me a weird look.
  • We rode pirates at about 8:50 pm. It said a 10 minute wait, but I’m not sure if it was even that long. By the time we got off it said 40 minutes!
  • We got more pretzels from Tortuga Tavern then headed to Sunshine Tree Terrace for the Orange Bird Dessert. Dh said he really liked it. I hated it. I thought it tasted like orange cleaning spray.
  • We went to get a spot for fireworks around 9:15 pm, but they made an announcement about the stage show being delayed from rain so we thought maybe we’d wander. There wasn’t a huge crowd anyway. We walked down Main St. and got a photo pass picture in front of the castle. We got back to the Hub pretty close to 10 and were able to get a good spot on the fence to the right and back of the partner statue. We were probably there at 9:45 pm with no one behind us, but it filled in pretty quickly. The rain stopped pretty much right before the fireworks were supposed to start.
  • I thought the firework show was awesome! This was our first MVMCP so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Normally, I’m a sucker for the projections, but I really enjoyed this one being more fireworks since it’s all Christmas music anyway.
  • We went down Main St. after the fireworks and got a spot for the parade on the curb. I think we got our spot at like 10:20 or so. I can’t really remember. We don’t wear ponchos so didn’t have anything to sit on. I walked into the confectionary and the cashier gave me two plastic bags for us to sit on. Our spot on the curb had a lamp post which was perfect for me because I’ve been having back issues. I leaned up against it while we waited (standing because I have tailbone pain). Dh sat on the curb. People started filling in behind us at around 10:40 pm. Some people were a little rude and kept trying to scooch in closer. That’s where the lamppost was a life saver for me. No one could stand directly behind me. We put our backpack and umbrellas on the ground behind Dh just to give him a little space. People still kept scooting closer and kicking our stuff. He also said the guy next to him on the curb kept inching closer and closer (for no reason because they had tons of room on their other side). I’m not sure what was up with that. Dh was getting pretty upset and just wanted to leave at this point. He hates waiting around for parades and fireworks.
  • Once the parade actually started it, we decided all of that waiting was worth it. You get FANTASTIC interactions by being in the front on Main St. We had so many characters come up to us and interact with us. I could tell Dh was enjoying himself, although I don’t think he would wait for it again. I can’t decide if I liked this parade more or the MNSSHP parade. We aren’t huge parade people anyway, but I think the snoap and the overall Christmas atmosphere makes this one a winner for me.
  • The last thing we did was meet Mickey. I think it said a 10 minute wait, but it was more like 5. We were going to meet Jack and Sally after (25-30 minute wait), but people were sitting on the floor and it looked like they had been there awhile so we decided to leave. We met them at MNSSHP so it wasn’t a big deal to see them again. We got a picture in front of the train station and then took the ferry back to our car.

The rain obviously put a huge damper on the night. I do think it helped thin out the crowds and make it so the party didn’t sell out. I thought it would rain off and on, but it was a continuous rain from 5-10 pm. I really enjoyed the fireworks and parade. I don’t think I would pay for a dessert party, though. We hit every treat spot except Miner’s Cove. We took the majority of the cookies home with us. My favorite cookie is the peppermint one and Dh said he likes Snickerdoodle. The hot cocoa was delicious. It was hot every time we got it and very rich which I loved. The apple cider was essentially apple juice lol. I didn’t like the strawberry Fanta, but Dh did. Obviously, the pretzel was the best thing. We ate far too many of them. We weren’t able to ride the Speedway or Space because I’m pregnant, but saw both from People Mover. Space looked really cool, probably the best overlay at WDW I’ve seen.

Overall, we had a fun night even with the rain. We probably won’t go again until the baby is older. That way things might be new and different to us. The rain for sure helped our crowds out. I never once felt like it was crowded anywhere in the park.

Attachments

• IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6397.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6392.jpg
    IMG_6392.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6359.jpg
    IMG_6359.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6357.jpg
    IMG_6357.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6347.jpg
    IMG_6347.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6344.jpg
    IMG_6344.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6292.jpg
    IMG_6292.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6275.jpg
    IMG_6275.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 28
Are you limited to 1 per person at treat stations? My daughter can’t have any of the cookies due to food allergies so I’m thinking we may want to visit the snowman pretzels a few times! Lol

Last edited:
Are you limited to 1 per person at treat stations? My daughter can’t have any of the cookies due to food allergies so I’m thinking we may want to visit the snowman pretzels a few times! Lol
I saw people asking for 4-5 cookies and being given them. I didn’t see anyone do it with pretzels but I’m sure you could ask for a couple

How do you book a fast pass for the 4-6pm time frame if you don’t have your magic band?

I know I could book through MDE but how would I actually use them for this event without a band

You need a hard ticket or a mb to enter the party. If you don't have amb you have to stop by guest relations to get the hard ticket

Damn. Knew I should have brought my magic band just Incase. Is it possible to transfer one magic band to another person if one person has a few?

Damn. Knew I should have brought my magic band just Incase. Is it possible to transfer one magic band to another person if one person has a few?
Your band is just a key. You can buy and activate a new one or see if you can get one from guest services or your hotel (if onsite).

I think you need to talk to guest services to transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter