"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your pictures! Where did you watch the fireworks from? Also, where do you get the Go-Go Squeeze at?

Thanks buddy!
We watched the fireworks at the Partners Statue immediately after the parade. There was a show ending when we arrived so we just stayed there. I really recommend getting there asap. Prior to the fireworks, we noticed last minute people trying to squeeze through in tight spaces which was a bit much, rude to be honest. We stood behind a lady in a wheel chair and even then a couple tried to squeeze in front of us :confused3
The applesauce was given out at the Diamond Horseshoe. They offered cookies, beverage and then off to another area close by a table full of Enjoy cookies & applesauce.
I hope you have a great party!

Thanks buddy!
We watched the fireworks at the Partners Statue immediately after the parade. There was a show ending when we arrived so we just stayed there. I really recommend getting there asap. Prior to the fireworks, we noticed last minute people trying to squeeze through in tight spaces which was a bit much, rude to be honest. We stood behind a lady in a wheel chair and even then a couple tried to squeeze in front of us :confused3
The applesauce was given out at the Diamond Horseshoe. They offered cookies, beverage and the off to another area close by a table full of Enjoy cookies & applesauce.
I hope you have a great party!
Thanks! Are the projections worth watching? Dh hates being in the crowds for fireworks. I didn’t know if we could just watch the fireworks somewhere else and not worry about the projections. I haven’t decided what to do about the parade. We’ve never seen it so I’d like to watch it on main st but I don’t want to wait forever holding a spot

@Haley R It's been years since we've attended a Christmas party so for us being at the Partner Statue was perfect. Our son has sensitivity issues but from where we were he was perfectly fine especially since we prevented others from "boxing" us in and cutting in front of us. Fireworks are fireworks, but when seeing the castle change and light up, we do not recommend missing it.

I'm glad we watched the parade in Frontierland vs Main Street. It gave us more time to enjoy the party, go on more rides and shop. DS was given vouchers and we had to use them that night so shopping was a priority.

We went to the party on Sunday, Dec 1.
Had dinner at the The Wave then went to the Polynesian to pick up the Hat Box Ghost tiki mug. DH noticed our son was dressed like the shops mannequin :laughing:

View attachment 456047

Yep, Sold Out and a few Bypass photo opps.
View attachment 456048

The party did not seem crowded at all, plenty of room to move around some areas were slightly congested but wait times for rides were average 15-20 minutes. And the weather, beautiful!

If you have time, take a look see at the window displays at the Emporium? by the Fire Station. It features scenes from a Christmas Carol - Disney style!
View attachment 456049

Earlier weather reports indicated thunderstorms and rain starting around 11pm so we decided to watch the first parade in Frontierland at Pecos Bill. We sat on a ledge 30 minutes prior and noticed how quickly the opposite side filled in. About 2 deep prior to the parade. We were not planning on going to every treat stop because we booked Tony's dessert party but ended up with a nice stash. A couple of CM's were pushing a black cart full of cookies and other CM's were handing them out in hand fulls. :goodvibes

View attachment 456073

I honestly have to say Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party was AMAZING! Food was hot, fresh and plentiful. Tony was a gracious host and very entertaining! We'd definitely give it 10 stars!
View attachment 456074

Fireworks were amazing!!! Heard Splash was down, rode BTMR many times with very little wait. Since we did not have any storms we just enjoyed the festive holiday ambiance. Shout out to CM Jordan who helped our son pick out a few Disney artwork, thanks again for your patience and great service!

View attachment 456075 °O°

Since you went to Tony's party, did you venture out for the second parade? How crowded was it on a sold-out night for the reserved area? Do you suggest a time to go over to the reserved area to get a good viewing spot for the second parade?

Since you went to Tony's party, did you venture out for the second parade? How crowded was it on a sold-out night for the reserved area? Do you suggest a time to go over to the reserved area to get a good viewing spot for the second parade?

Yes, we did not even go to the reserved viewing area. We saw everything at Frontierland and had excellent interaction there. During MNSSHP we had Cruella's and had very little to no interaction.
If you want to be front and center with the castle you will need to get to the viewing area as soon as they set up the ropes. If you have a family a few can go inside Tony's get food & drinks and switch places with you. I really cannot comment on how crowded Main Street & Tony's viewing area was, we were more focused on other things. Hopefully others will chime in.

Again, even though our party was sold out, it really didn't feel that way to us. Not one bit!

e sat on a ledge 30 minutes prior and noticed how quickly the opposite side filled in. About 2 deep prior to the parade.
The ledge you are referring to is it in front of peco's? I always wondered if you were allowed to sit there. No one can crowd in front of you there.

The ledge you are referring to is it in front of peco's? I always wondered if you were allowed to sit there. No one can crowd in front of you there.

Yes! There are two ledges and stairs with rails in between them. The ledges can seat two - three people. You cannot have strollers there either. You can keep packages under you legs or otherwise place them on your lap. A CM made sure no one blocked the stairs. It was a great spot!

Just adding..

Sorry had to cut & paste. As you can see the two ledges and the stairs in between. We sat on the left ledge. Some people took the stools and sat behind us so keep your belongings under your legs! ;)

Last edited:

Yes! There are two ledges and stairs with rails in between them. The ledges can seat two - three people. You cannot have strollers there either. You can keep packages under you legs or otherwise place them on your lap. A CM made sure no one blocked the stairs. It was a great spot!

Just adding..
View attachment 456134

Sorry had to cut & paste. As you can see the two ledges and the stairs in between. We sat on the left ledge. Some people took the stools and sat behind us so keep your belongings under your legs! ;)
How early did you get to that spot?

We are going to the party on Sunday. Normally when we go I don't carry a bag but I wouldn't mind bringing home some cookies! What size bag would be good for the rides and for the cookies?

Thanks!

Just adding..
View attachment 456134

So you were able to sit down on that ledge and no one came and stood in front of you?

So you were able to sit down on that ledge and no one came and stood in front of you?

Yup, exactly! ::yes::

@Haley R sent PM.

I will say we've attend MNSSHP on Halloween night for years and this party even though sold out did not feel like it at all. We did not see super long lines for treats like we do during Halloween. Some places were wide open. It was strange but in a good way. We're very happy with how our evening turned out, it was a lot of fun very laid back and low stress. The only time I felt uncomfortable was during the fireworks as I mentioned earlier with people trying to squeeze in. We we're not having that at all.

Just a quick recap from our sold out night (11/24). We had planned to arrive closer to 3, but as it was the last warmish day of our trip, we let the kids swim and showed up closer to 5. Here’s what we were able to get done:

Grabbed SOTMK card then hit the bypass for photos and our first cookie. We’d missed our first FP and were heading for #2 (BTMRR) when we passed by the “zoom” magic shot and hubby wanted to stop. He never asks for anything on our trips, especially photos!, so we waited. The line was only a few families deep but moves sooo slow that we missed our window for BTMRR and just headed to FP #3 (Jingle Cruise). After dinner checked in for our 6:10 ADR at Liberty Tree. The plan was to be done eating right around 7, but unfortunately they told us they were running about 20 minutes behind (boo) so it was nearly 7:30 before we were done.

We popped out the back exit and tried to meet Mary & Bert but they had just cut their line, so we hit BTMRR, grabbed peppermint cookies at the stop at the exit, then circled back. We waited only about 10 minutes and had a great interaction with them! (I think someone had mentioned up thread that they did not have a PP photog, but we had one our night).

After Mary & Bert we headed to Tomorrowland to ride the Speedway before checking in for the fireworks dessert party. As we were crossing the hub, the 8:15 castle lighting was happening, so we stopped to watch (we’ve never seen it!). Then we got a castle pic, rode the Speedway with about a 10 minute wait (the overlay was really cool...don’t miss this one!) and headed to the dessert party.

We enjoyed snacks for about 40 minutes (thought the selection was great and loved that they had several of the party cookies out as well...I stocked up on my favorite, the ginger molasses, and saved me a stop later!). We then headed to the garden in time to catch the end of the stage show before the fireworks started. I really enjoyed the new show, but it was no Holiday Wishes :(

After the fireworks we headed right to Main Street to grab our parade spot. We ended up with a perfect curbside seat right across from the Confectionary (and the snoap cannon!). I had hubby hold our spot while I took the kids over to meet Santa. Unfortunately, the CM told us that Santa would be leaving at 11 to head to the parade, and we may or may not meet him before then. So we decided to leave and come back after the parade (which had been our original plan, but thought this would help kill time while we waited). She then told us that Mickey or Jack & Sally both had a short wait if we wanted to pop over to the Theater instead. I thought she must be crazy, but the kids and I decided to poke our heads in just to check, and sure enough, there was NO ONE in the lobby in Jack & Sally’s line. We ended up waiting 20 minutes to meet them. I was shocked! After that it was almost 11 and we headed back to DH. By now, the crowds were 2-3 rows deep on Main Street. The Kringle Krew arrived not long after, and DD got picked to go out and dance with them!

The parade was amazing as always.....the toy soldiers are a close second to the gravediggers IMO....then headed to meet Santa after the parade with about a 5 minute wait. We took a picture by the tree on our way out, were on a bus by 12:15 and back at POFQ by 12:30.

The only thing we ended up missing was the Space Mountain overlay, but all in all had a great night. Crowds felt light for a sold out party, and WAY lighter than our sold out MNSSHP earlier this year.

A few pictures from our night:
A4DD154F-6470-4A42-8138-8EEF2520BAEF.jpeg

5D130590-8EEA-48F4-ABB1-0591A209E74D.jpeg

333F5ED7-553F-4A0C-8595-3FAB00A8AB94.jpeg

C60F5246-4C1D-48A2-B2A0-788D71063548.jpeg

18184EB7-5747-462D-81B3-A6C4633E5CB3.jpeg

Does anyone know if you can change your party ticket date?

We originally purchased tickets for this upcoming Sunday, but now thinking Tuesday might be better for us.

We planned to be at MK all day Sunday and thought it would make sense to stay for the party, but now thinking why not experience the party at MK our last night there instead. We planned to do AK during the day Tuesday, but with it closing at 6pm it might make more sense for us to head over to MK and enjoy the party before wrapping up our trip.

This would also give us a decent amount of rest between Sunday night and Monday when we hit the parks.

A Few Prep Questions-

Is it possible to watch the second parade in Liberty Square and then head over to meet the Seven Dwarfs or would that be cutting it too close to them cutting off the line before then. Any good spots in Liberty Square for the parade? I was thinking near Sleepy Hollow Refreshments.

Also if we make the line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before 12am will we be able to ride it or do they close it early?

How long does it take the parade to finish in Main Street?

Any help would be appreciated.

A Few Prep Questions-

Is it possible to watch the second parade in Liberty Square and then head over to meet the Seven Dwarfs or would that be cutting it too close to them cutting off the line before then. Any good spots in Liberty Square for the parade? I was thinking near Sleepy Hollow Refreshments.

Also if we make the line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before 12am will we be able to ride it or do they close it early?

How long does it take the parade to finish in Main Street?

Any help would be appreciated.
1. Maybe? Depends on the night and the crowd when the line gets cut. Personally, I wouldn’t want to arrive later than 11:30, which you would if watching the second parade.

2. Yes, ride lines stay open until
midnight.

3. Per the time stamps on my pictures, the parade hit Main Street at 11:18 and the last float passed at 11:38. We watched near the Confectionary.

Does anyone know if you can change your party ticket date?

We originally purchased tickets for this upcoming Sunday, but now thinking Tuesday might be better for us.

We planned to be at MK all day Sunday and thought it would make sense to stay for the party, but now thinking why not experience the party at MK our last night there instead. We planned to do AK during the day Tuesday, but with it closing at 6pm it might make more sense for us to head over to MK and enjoy the party before wrapping up our trip.

This would also give us a decent amount of rest between Sunday night and Monday when we hit the parks.
Technically they are non-refundable but there have been many reports of changes being allowed (assuming the new date is not sold out). Call, and call back if the first CM won’t help. Good luck!!

What if you are at MK without a party ticket that day, what time should we anticipate being shuffled out by the cast? Also, if we are in line for a ride or meet & greet will they ask you to leave at any specific time? So essentially you could be waiting a bit then asked to leave?

Also, if you are still lingering on Main Street in shops or having a snack do they let you hang out until a specific time there as well?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!