"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they will give us the special Sorcerer's Card and allow Merch Shopping by showing the ticket on MDE, prior to the time wrist bands are given out? We've never tried this, but would save us a lot of time since we are arriving at MK around 1:30pm.

Do you think they will give us the special Sorcerer's Card and allow Merch Shopping by showing the ticket on MDE, prior to the time wrist bands are given out? We've never tried this, but would save us a lot of time since we are arriving at MK around 1:30pm.
You would need a wristband for the SOTMK card. They mark your wristband after giving you the card.

We’ve tried it in the past and were turned down. For any party-specific items, you need a wristband.

We decided to do the party. I wasn't 100% sure but figure we'll do it once. Plus it made it easier that I only have to buy 3 tickets instead of 4 since DH won't be there for the party. He didn't care for the Halloween party anyways so I don't want to have to stress about his high anxiety level due to party crowds.

Any reviews of Tony's Most Merriest Party from this year? I have it booked for my party night on December 15th. Thanks!
We did it last year and also did Cruella’s last month. For us, it makes the party for us. We hit the party hard for the first few hours and then it gives us a place to take a break. You can literally walk right up to the reserved area as the parade is approaching and have a seat on the curb. For Halloween, we watched the 1st parade from Tony’s patio. We have this add-on booked for December 8. My only complaint is there is very little if you have any food allergies. Unlike the dessert parties, there are no special offerings, even something pre-packaged. I can’t eat gluten and was limited to the cold bar. But I didn’t book it for the food, so it’s fine.
It does make the night a lot more expensive, so I can’t say we will do it every year. But for now, We really enjoy it. I hate having to wait for the parade for a decent spot.

We decided to do the party. I wasn't 100% sure but figure we'll do it once. Plus it made it easier that I only have to buy 3 tickets instead of 4 since DH won't be there for the party. He didn't care for the Halloween party anyways so I don't want to have to stress about his high anxiety level due to party crowds.
This is exactly us lol! Me and the girls are doing it but DH is not. He didn’t like MNSSHP either due to the heavy crowds. It’s a good thing he opted out on MVMCP because our date, Dec 22 is already sold out! DH is happy to relax at the resort or maybe go to Disney Springs instead 😁

I’m here tonight very very crowded but manageable...

I got to dance with the Kringle Crew so cringy but I kinda killed it lol.

The new firework show has literally 0 emotions who thought of it without lyrics....what did I watch!?

We made.a spur of the moment decision to attend our first MVMCP in over twenty years this Tuesday night. I haven't had any time to prepare or plan!

I read the first few posts and plan on looking back at the most recent posts, but a few quick questions:

1. A general one: Any good plans of attack? We're all adults and we don't need to wait in line for the Seven Dwarfs which apparently is crazy. I'm not sure Jack and Sally will really be on our list either. But I think maybe Christmas Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, and Pooh & Friends may be on our list. Are these characters as crazy all night? Should we wait until the night goes on to hit these characters?
  2. What happens between 6 and 7 pm? Are the rides open for party guests or are you just sitting around waiting until 7pm?
  3. I'm sure I have more questions that I can't even think of at this late hour after a full day at a park. But it really comes down to if anyone has any advice for a (relative) party newbie, it would be greatly appreciated (and I'll spend a bit of time looking at the past few pages as well...I just don't think I can make it through all 100 while we're on vacation!).

1. You get characters as soon as fireworks are over...almost all are easily accessible then.

2. 6-7 the day guests are being weeded out via showing your wristbands to shop, eat, or ride any rides.

3. newbie here’s my advice that I’ve been doing for years: make 3 fast passes between 3-6 between each fast pass hit up the movie rides like Philarmagic, Hall of Presidents ect.
EAT BEFORE THE PARTY STARTS don’t waste time sitting down to eat...they’re are things to get done.

make sure you do all the party exclusives...you’ll be walking a lot but I literally got everything done I saw the acapella group, Tomorrowland Christmas, fireworks, parade, and stage show. See the second parade and get your spot across from the people who shelled out money for reserved seating, plenty of viewing area for free!

characters are AFTER fireworks you can hit a bunch up. No line for Jack and Sally today which was odd...still had no desire to meet them though...

bring a bag for extra cookies so you’re not holding them.

wear something Christmas theme...be in the spirit and don’t expect it to not be crowded and you’ll be fine!

1. You get characters as soon as fireworks are over...almost all are easily accessible then.

2. 6-7 the day guests are being weeded out via showing your wristbands to shop, eat, or ride any rides.

3. newbie here’s my advice that I’ve been doing for years: make 3 fast passes between 3-6 between each fast pass hit up the movie rides like Philarmagic, Hall of Presidents ect.
EAT BEFORE THE PARTY STARTS don’t waste time sitting down to eat...they’re are things to get done.

make sure you do all the party exclusives...you’ll be walking a lot but I literally got everything done I saw the acapella group, Tomorrowland Christmas, fireworks, parade, and stage show. See the second parade and get your spot across from the people who shelled out money for reserved seating, plenty of viewing area for free!

characters are AFTER fireworks you can hit a bunch up. No line for Jack and Sally today which was odd...still had no desire to meet them though...

bring a bag for extra cookies so you’re not holding them.

wear something Christmas theme...be in the spirit and don’t expect it to not be crowded and you’ll be fine!

Excellent. Thanks. We already have AK Fastpasses that morning -- not giving up that Flight of Passage! -- but it does sound like we can definitely take advantage of some rides between 6 and 7 which is great. We're definitely going for the party exclusives -- the shows, special ride overlays, fireworks. We're all adults, but we don't come this time of year at all so we want to see all that the holidays have to offer. Seeing the characters after the fireworks sounds like good advice.

Good to hear that tonight's party wasn't too crazy. The parks haven't been crazy busy so far this trip for us, but the crowds this weekend at the Springs were nuts. And I read reports that Star Wars had a line stretching back to Toy Story land on Saturday. We hit that one at the right time on Friday apparently with a 35-minute wait around 11am!

Good luck to you ask any questions here and either myself or the wonderful people here are more than willing to help!

We did it last year and also did Cruella’s last month. For us, it makes the party for us. We hit the party hard for the first few hours and then it gives us a place to take a break. You can literally walk right up to the reserved area as the parade is approaching and have a seat on the curb. For Halloween, we watched the 1st parade from Tony’s patio. We have this add-on booked for December 8. My only complaint is there is very little if you have any food allergies. Unlike the dessert parties, there are no special offerings, even something pre-packaged. I can’t eat gluten and was limited to the cold bar. But I didn’t book it for the food, so it’s fine.
It does make the night a lot more expensive, so I can’t say we will do it every year. But for now, We really enjoy it. I hate having to wait for the parade for a decent spot.
That is really good to know, thanks, I booked the party for the parade view and also so I could have some treats for the party (since the diet team Disney wont just tell me if there are nuts in the cookies 😐 and ya I know all their reasons just think they are silly) if there aren't any allergy free treats then I am definately cancelling if I can get my money back. Does anyone know if they offer refunds? I'll call today but everytime I've called it's been 30 to 60 min wait and I'm paying international rates so I'm not about that...

Is there a link for the holidayfireworks dessert party at MK I'm looking for reports from those who have attended this year's party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!