"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's party was our 10th (We think) and best party so far! The party pass has really made it nice to take it easy.

1. We went through the bypass. Photopass lines were long. We were concerned it was going to be a super crowded night, but it wasn't.

2. SOTMK card. Sky looked ominous. Began to rain after we picked up the card.

3. Best time ever at Laugh Floor. My son was picked on as the one who will dance for candy. He was dressed as David S. Pumpkin from SNL. Dh dressed as his back up dancer. At one point, he was up dancing and kids from all over the theatre were running up to him giving him candy. His bag was filled before the sketch started. It was so funny. Then the whole sketch was the monster interacting with my son. He said it was the best day ever.

4. It was just drizzling. People Mover to stay dry.

5. Tot.

6. Traded in my tokens for candy.

7. Jungle Cruise Ride

8. POTC. The live pirates were extra funny. We also got extra wet at the explosion right after Barbosa.

9. Pecos Bill's to try Hades' Nachos. Wasn't spicy like I expected. But was really good after adding condiments from the fixing bar!

10. We watched fireworks outside Pecos Bill's, near where the parade comes out. Very few people there. Great view of fireworks as they stretched far across the sky.

11. Slowly made our way out of the park to the buses and back to resort.

I was in monsters inc when your son was there!!! He was a very good sport!!!!

We had a bit of a crazy night. 4:02pm we entered the park not realizing there was a special lineup to get into MNSSHP so I spent 45 minutes at costumer service to get the day added back on my daughter’s band. We were on Haunted Mansion and someone’s pant leg got stuck when exiting the doom buggy and they had to cut their pants to get them out took a good 10 minutes or so. Stopped again on the People Mover for a short time. It was pretty crowded so my in-laws decided to head back to the hotel at about 8:20pm. My husband walked them out to the bus. My father-in-law tripped and fell just outside the gate and his glasses cut his forehead open. By the time I made it outside the ambulance was there, blood everywhere. My husband took him to the hospital and I am sitting back in the room with my MIL. He had an X-ray of his hand and a CT scan of his head and neck. It has been a frightful night!

We had a bit of a crazy night. 4:02pm we entered the park not realizing there was a special lineup to get into MNSSHP so I spent 45 minutes at costumer service to get the day added back on my daughter’s band. We were on Haunted Mansion and someone’s pant leg got stuck when exiting the doom buggy and they had to cut their pants to get them out took a good 10 minutes or so. Stopped again on the People Mover for a short time. It was pretty crowded so my in-laws decided to head back to the hotel at about 8:20pm. My husband walked them out to the bus. My father-in-law tripped and fell just outside the gate and his glasses cut his forehead open. By the time I made it outside the ambulance was there, blood everywhere. My husband took him to the hospital and I am sitting back in the room with my MIL. He had an X-ray of his hand and a CT scan of his head and neck. It has been a frightful night!

Can you update us to ensure us he’s ok, my god

Oh my goodness, I hope your father-in-law is doing better, how scary it must have been for all of you. I know were all strangers but we are a community and feel for you. Please keep us updated to his progress. :grouphug:

I didn’t stay the full time last night - and I have no prior 10/31 party experience to compare - but it sure felt pretty crowded to me last night. I wouldn’t say it was horrible or a bad experience, but it was not lacking in people. 8-)

Always hard to compare parties because it’s just snippets of moment in time experiences that may or may not be fair, but I’d take the sold out party we went to Friday 10/11 over the crowd level last night.

Fun vibe though, and lots of cool costumes, despite it being pretty warm.

One more party left and then it’s Christmastime!

Oh my! How are things today?

3. Best time ever at Laugh Floor. My son was picked on as the one who will dance for candy. He was dressed as David S. Pumpkin from SNL. Dh dressed as his back up dancer. At one point, he was up dancing and kids from all over the theatre were running up to him giving him candy. His bag was filled before the sketch started. It was so funny. Then the whole sketch was the monster interacting with my son. He said it was the best day ever.

My sister had a brief moment pre-show where she got picked up for something regarding her minnie mouse ears. Stuff like this would be great for photopass memories.

Just left , kido was to tired for fireworks, it qas crowded, we didn't do much tot, 2 spots. We have plently of candy from yesterday. Did get to go on all the big stuff before 7 pm . Sdmt, HM, PPF, small world, splash , mine train, pirates, magic carpets, space mt, saw the villan show and the parade. Walked behind the parade for an easy out. 20191101_204601.jpg20191101_204545.jpg

We arrived at the park shortly after 7pm. Did the bypass first. Then backtracked to Jack and Sally with an hour wait. Then Mickey which was a 15 minute wait.

I think we mastered the art of zigging when everyone else is zagging. Felt like we had Tomorrowland and Fantasyland to ourselves.

Buzz was 5 min, Space Mt said 30 min.

The Tot was empty for us at Monster's Inc and Cop.

My son danced for candy again at Monster's Inc. And at the dance party.

We watched the fireworks in New Fantasyland between 7DMT and Be Our Guest. It was neat to be surrounded by fireworks.

The bypass gave out 2 prepackaged bags per person. Dh was happy for those full sized Snickers.

We had our tot bags filled by the third stop. We were given handfuls.

We did some photopass stops that didn't get good at a previous party.

We finally saw the hm entertainment!

The only things we didn't get around to doing was the cheesecake at Sleepy Hollow and we never saw Brer Rabbit.
Resized_20191101_221409.jpegResized_20191101_221405.jpegResized_20191101_230439.jpegResized_20191101_221858.jpegResized_20191101_222055.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_20191101_221405.jpeg
    Resized_20191101_221405.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Resized_20191101_221409.jpeg
    Resized_20191101_221409.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Resized_20191101_230439.jpeg
    Resized_20191101_230439.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Resized_20191101_221858.jpeg
    Resized_20191101_221858.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
We did not attend tonight's final party but we were in parks as the bypass opened. SO....MANY....COSTUMES! I was really impressed! Really felt like a lot more people went all out for the 1st instead of the 31st. I hope it was a great night because everyone looked amazing!

Wow, I can’t believe it’s over. It seems like yesterday that I was on the bus to the first MNSSHP from the YC and read about the new party pass being offered! Because my DH has a conference in Orlando in Dec I get to go to MVMCP also this year- the first time ever I’ve done both in one year, so now I’m excited to start learning about that and thankfully we aren’t going to the first one of those!

I want to thank all those that went before me and said that Cruella's party was not worth it. I cancelled our reservation and have no regrets. We stood right across from the reserved area for that event and it didn't look like anything special to me. We enjoyed the parade, had a spot for fireworks where we could see Jack, got plenty of candy and rode Teacups and POC and generally had a great time even though we were sweating our brains out in our costumes. I can always depend on Dis for good advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!