"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attended the Thursday, 10/24 party and it felt very crowded compared to parties I have attended in the past. All the lands felt more congested and harder to navigate than when I was in MK earlier in the day. The last sold out party I attended was MNSSHP in 2016 and it was nothing compared to this year. Fortunately I had a "relaxed" itinerary and no character meets planned since no one was really new this year. Attractions besides 7DMT, PP, Pirates, and Space Mountain seemed very low the whole night. This is what I accomplished while trying to take it easy:

Bypass PhotoPass pics
Monster's Inc ToT a "few" times...
Space Mountain (about a 25 minute wait)
Shopping at Big Top Souvenirs
Fantasyland ToT
BTMR (less than a 10 minute wait)
BTMR and Splash Mountain ToT
Ice cream/party snack break
Watched 1st parade by Plaza while eating collected snacks
Front and center HUB spot for new fireworks show (I avoided all videos prior to viewing in person and they were ok. Not bad, but not what I was expecting for a new nighttime "spectacular")
Front spot for 2nd parade in Liberty Square
HM PhotoPass pics
7DMT right before midnight

After 12am

Main Street PhotoPass pics
Headless Horseman PhotoPass pics
Back at CR by 12:40am

Even though there were some crowds and the heat/humidity was high, I still had a great time and left with a ton of candy. The crowds won't deter me from going again in the future, just helps me set a new expectation. I have DL planned for next October, but will try to find a weekend I can run to WDW and fit a party in.
Sounds like you did a great job navigating the crowds. I love that you watched both parades! Good idea to do the mainstreet photopass pics last.

the lights off.

What's the best plan for hitting space with a shorter line? Fireworks from that side and then hurry over?

Or during a parade?

Only goals are meeting stitch, I'll be in line by 545, space in the dark cause it's so much fun, a parade and fireworks. Then we'll fill in the rest as we go. No stage show for us and we're going Fri.

What's the best plan for hitting space with a shorter line? Fireworks from that side and then hurry over?

Or during a parade?

Only goals are meeting stitch, I'll be in line by 545, space in the dark cause it's so much fun, a parade and fireworks. Then we'll fill in the rest as we go. No stage show for us and we're going Fri.

I would watch the first parade then go on space during the second.

I always recommend the first parade. I've found lately that if I want a front row spot I have to wait just as long for the first as for the second.

And some of the character and attention lines go way down during that last hour.

If you go to space during the last parade, head over to storybook circus. Some of the character waits get real short that last hour. Also, don't trust the wait time they'll tell you at Minnie/the ducks, look inside to judge the line yourself. They told us 40 minutes and it was more like 15-20.

I thought Moana started meeting at 5:45? They are telling us 7. My whole night was planned around this. 🤦‍♀️

I thought Moana started meeting at 5:45? They are telling us 7. My whole night was planned around this. 🤦‍♀️

When we saw her, she started well before 7. But when we got in line after 5pm, we were told 2 hour wait. Which it wasn't.

How did things go tonight?

Sounds like you did a great job navigating the crowds. I love that you watched both parades! Good idea to do the mainstreet photopass pics last.
Thank you! It just felt too crowded throughout the night. I always need a few castle and pumpkin hub pics or MNSSHP doesn't feel complete. 🤣

BTW I loved your TS4 costumes! You guys looked great!!

Space Mountain was down the entire party (the 29th) which made every other area incredibly busy. Since many of the ride waits were topping out at 30 minutes, we ended up repeating ToT trails. I feel like we brought back 40lbs of candy! On the plus side Future World was a ghost town so we did a lot of Buzz, Speedway, and people mover. Side note; one vent I’ve got to get out....the CoP ToT trail was completely empty yet CMs were forcing people to walk all the way to the end of the ramp. I watched a woman nearly in tears with a sleeping toddler in her arms and I just found this totally unacceptable. Give the poor woman a GoGo Squeeze, no one was waiting!! Hell I gave her mine and walked back through 5 times out of spite. Just really irked me. Ok soapbox mom mode off. Otherwise really enjoyed the party despite the insane crowds!

Thanks! That explains....
Not Currently Available
Tickets will be available closer to the event dates.
Please check back.

...on the special event ticket page. I was going to check.
Can anyone explain why so many parties sold out?? Did they decrease the number of tickets sold or are people enjoying these events that Disney keeps increasing the amount of tickets each year?? I would hate to see what the future holds for this special event.

Can anyone explain why so many parties sold out?? Did they decrease the number of tickets sold or are people enjoying these events that Disney keeps increasing the amount of tickets each year?? I would hate to see what the future holds for this special event.
My guess is the addition of the party pass is behind the increase this year. Curious to see if they introduce one for MVMCP after all the complaints of over-crowding at MNSSHP?

My opinion is that Disney likely manages “sell outs” for whatever suits their needs at the time... be it operational, budget/financial, managing the guest experience, marketing purposes, etc. They likely also had to “manage the float” created by the party pass and whatever unknown number of guests that added (or didn’t add). Total speculation on my part though.

Ultimately despite the yearly grumblings about crowds and such, these things remain as popular as ever and Disney can consistently sell a boat-load of tickets.

Thank you! It just felt too crowded throughout the night. I always need a few castle and pumpkin hub pics or MNSSHP doesn't feel complete. 🤣

BTW I loved your TS4 costumes! You guys looked great!!
Thanks!!! DD is a TS4 fan, as you alread know, lol. Had the TS4 band to go with her costume. We got some good pics of her dressed in her costume with Bo Peep at HS too!

We were at last night's party (10/29). Got in at around 2:30 (dvc members). Will break down as best as I can remember but overall it was really uncrowded before the party started, party was as busy as any other we've been to, last 4 years all around similar time, but this is the closest to Halloween since this was the last party before Halloween day. It was very congested in all the normal areas. A pp mentioned ride lines were long, we focused primarily on rides and didn't see that at all. Even good times for the headliners.

We went in with a very focused TP as this was our only park day. We are DVC but in between APs so wanted to make the most of our day.

- Entered around 2:40 (planned to be there at 2p, but life :rolleyes1)
- FP Jungle Cruise (priority as this was supposed to be closed during party...it was not, it was open saw upthread after the fact). Posted wait 15min
- FP Pirates (posted 10min).
- FP Space (posted wasn't long maybe 20?)
- Booked Buzz FP in line for space for immediately following.
- Buzz (then booked speedway...posted wait around 15min)
- CoP
-People mover
- Used Speedway FP (could have walked on)
- Dumbo, sooo hot we needed AC break so kids played for 15min or so. Then rode. No wait. This was about 5:10-25p because they made an announcement they were shutting down at 5:30.
- Barnstormer FP. (Posted wait only 5-10min)
- Changed DS into costume/we freshened up
- Hot and hungry headed towards Pecos. Too early for Hades nachos but we were hungry. Mobile ordering wouldn't pull up on app. But line was better than normal. They only had one side open, but lines were only about 4 ppl deep so not too bad. This had to have been shortly after 6.

Will continue later, still vacaying and kids want to move lol. I'll be back :)

My guess is the addition of the party pass is behind the increase this year. Curious to see if they introduce one for MVMCP after all the complaints of over-crowding at MNSSHP?
Overcrowding is a “simple word” for what many of us experienced. I just came back from 7day stay and even though I did have the party pass, all but Tuesday was more than I could handle. After 2-3 hrs, I had enough and left. Disney needs to stop overcrowding these parties but I understand that this is a business and it will continue to be a problem. It seems that this yr has been the worse with crowds.

We went to parties on the 27th and the 29th.

On the 27th we watched the fireworks near Pecos Bill's, close to where the parade starts. There were a only handful of people watching there.

The line of fireworks stretched from Splash Mt to the castle. Of course we couldn't see any projections. But we could hear the music and it was so nice to be viewing without a crowd of people.

On the 29th, we finally met Jack Sparrow. I'm so thankful for the people we met in line. They told us that photopass lighting for that meet and greet comes out dark. To use our cell phones as back up, just in case.

They were right. I'm practically invisible in the pictures because my costume was dark, same with Jack. Dh and ds had white shirts, so you could see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!