"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going on a Disney Cruise and get back on the August 16th so logically, we booked a night at Art of Animation and are going to the first party. But my question is will we get hard tickets for this since we have just a room reservation? Or how does that work?

It was so hot last year that I'm not going to dress up exactly. We are going to do t-shirt that say Lets go trick or treat down main street then black and orange Minnie ears.
Last year I wore white shorts and a cobalt blue tank top with a red bowtie and yellow stripe I made with Cobain. Disneybounded at Donald Duck and the CMs told one lady where the line was for the ducks by pointing me out as Donald Duck. LOL

I have a subscription to touring plans and was looking at their crowd calendar for the end of October. On 2 non-party dates, 10-28 and 10-30, touring plans has a schedule that shows the Boo-to-you Parade and HalloWishes. I looked at many other non-party dates and those 2 events were not scheduled, so maybe they just overlooked those 2 dates when updating the schedule for the party dates. In other words, is this just an error on the part of TP? I copied the schedules for 28th which is a non-party date and for the 29th which is a party date to show the difference.

Monday, October 28, 2019
High: 82°F • Low: 61°F (Powered by Dark Sky)

Across All Walt Disney World Theme Parks
  • Crowd Level: 4 out of 10
  • 1-Day Ticket: $114.00 per Adult; $109.00 per Child
Magic Kingdom

Tuesday, October 29, 2019
High: 82°F • Low: 61°F (Powered by Dark Sky)

Across All Walt Disney World Theme Parks
  • Crowd Level: 1 out of 10
  • 1-Day Ticket: $114.00 per Adult; $109.00 per Child
Magic Kingdom

If we go we'll just wear our Mickey Halloween shirts from our trip two years ago to DLR. And DH's isn't Halloween related - it's the Grumpy "I don't do matching t-shirts" one!
Please do this. Please, oh please, do this.
This shirt sounds very cute! Last year dh and I just wore Disney Halloween themed shirts I had previously purchased from shopDisney. We have also purchased MNSSHP tshirts for our last two parties and rarely wear them. I'm thinking maybe we'll wear one of those this year. It was very hot last year (our party was early October) and this year we are going nearly 3 weeks earlier than last year so I'm expecting hotter than Hades temperatures. I think we'll stick with just those tshirts and probably shorts for this year. I do so love the idea of costumes, though. Our first party we went as Little REd Riding Hood and the Big Bad wolf and it was too hot for those costumes too! I do LOVE seeing everyone else in costumes!

For our shirts I purchased customized downloads from Etsy, printed them onto iron-on transfer paper, and ironed them on to blank t-shirts I got from the craft store for $3 each. They came out great (I had my doubts that they would) and all but DH's was customized with a name; his was just the Grumpy. There are endless options and it was so hard to choose just one style! Just make sure to pre-wash the blank shirts and that the iron transfer paper you buy is not past its expiration date, as that could impact how well it works. I'm not a real DIY person, but this option saved a bunch of money!

A question for the group, because I'm sure someone here knows the answer. About how many tickets do they sell to each party? I'm sure Disney never releases this info, but I'm also sure that Disney experts have done some sort of crowd count on party nights so an approximate number exists somewhere. I'm just curious.

Hi all! We attended the October 23rd party last year and had a fantastic time! A dream come true for a food-allergy-family like us :) Anyway, we would've done the same time again this year, but the Canadian ticket discount ends Sept 27th, so we're looking at the Sun Sept 22nd party. We'd be driving and I'm a bit worried about tropical storms. Can anyone comment on the weather around that time in past years? Thanks so much :)

For our shirts I purchased customized downloads from Etsy, printed them onto iron-on transfer paper, and ironed them on to blank t-shirts I got from the craft store for $3 each. They came out great (I had my doubts that they would) and all but DH's was customized with a name; his was just the Grumpy. There are endless options and it was so hard to choose just one style! Just make sure to pre-wash the blank shirts and that the iron transfer paper you buy is not past its expiration date, as that could impact how well it works. I'm not a real DIY person, but this option saved a bunch of money!

A question for the group, because I'm sure someone here knows the answer. About how many tickets do they sell to each party? I'm sure Disney never releases this info, but I'm also sure that Disney experts have done some sort of crowd count on party nights so an approximate number exists somewhere. I'm just curious.
No one knows for sure. I have seen numbers like 30,000 but who really knows.

Hi all! We attended the October 23rd party last year and had a fantastic time! A dream come true for a food-allergy-family like us :) Anyway, we would've done the same time again this year, but the Canadian ticket discount ends Sept 27th, so we're looking at the Sun Sept 22nd party. We'd be driving and I'm a bit worried about tropical storms. Can anyone comment on the weather around that time in past years? Thanks so much :)

Typically it rains at least half the days in September if not closer to 2/3, mostly in the afternoon. The rain can last anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours. But there are days where it doesn't rain at all. We went mid-September and it didn't rain a drop but it was blazing hot. September is also right in the middle of Hurricane season. Last year we had two major hurricanes hit the southeast but neither of them affected Orlando. I believe the last time a party was cancelled due to weather was 2017 when Irma came through.

We are going on a Disney Cruise and get back on the August 16th so logically, we booked a night at Art of Animation and are going to the first party. But my question is will we get hard tickets for this since we have just a room reservation? Or how does that work?

If you order by phone or online, you can choose to have the tickets linked to specific profiles in MDE and just use an active magicband to get in or you can have hard tickets shipped to you. Last year anyone who had an email printout was given a hard ticket at the gate.

Typically it rains at least half the days in September if not closer to 2/3, mostly in the afternoon. The rain can last anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours. But there are days where it doesn't rain at all. We went mid-September and it didn't rain a drop but it was blazing hot. September is also right in the middle of Hurricane season. Last year we had two major hurricanes hit the southeast but neither of them affected Orlando. I believe the last time a party was cancelled due to weather was 2017 when Irma came through.
Thank you! Doesn't sound ideal for us lol. Maybe we'll have to consider paying full price for tickets and heading in October again. Thanks so much for the feedback :)

If you order by phone or online, you can choose to have the tickets linked to specific profiles in MDE and just use an active magicband to get in or you can have hard tickets shipped to you.
If you don't have magic bands already, do you get them from a room reservation coupled with only party tickets? (No park tickets.)

Also I love your user name!

If you don't have magic bands already, do you get them from a room reservation coupled with only party tickets? (No park tickets.)

If you stay at a Disney-owned hotel, the people listed on the reservation get free Magic Bands because those are your room keys. You get the free Magic Bands even if you have no park tickets or event tickets; having tickets has nothing to do with getting the free Magic Band.

We have September tickets for MNSSHP on one of our CCV days......we are spending 2 nights there and 4 nights at POFQ. If absolutely necessary I think we can actually spend the entire week at our resorts if need be :) Of course, I would rather be able to enjoy the parks!

Also I love your user name!

If you stay at a Disney-owned hotel, the people listed on the reservation get free Magic Bands because those are your room keys. You get the free Magic Bands even if you have no park tickets or event tickets; having tickets has nothing to do with getting the free Magic Band.
If you made your room only reservation through disney, you should be able to go to MDE and look at MY PLANS. The first thing that should show up for you should be your room only reservation and I believe that is where you can order your free Magic Bands for everyone in your room. I usually do that right away so I don't forget!

Thanks all for the MagicBand info. We haven't been to WDW in 12 years and we'll just be passing through for the party on our way to catch our ship. I'm so glad everyone is so happy to share info on here for us non-experts!

SW just announced that they will open their calendar through November 2 on March 13. That covers all the party dates! I assume we'll see a small flurry of activity on here soon after 3/13. Now I just need someone to assure me that the weather in Orlando will be absolutely perfect on October 11!

Do they still do happily ever after on MNSSHP nights? I want to book Cali Grill during fireworks on my arrival night but don't know what time to book because its a party night as well (I am not attending the party that night)

Do they still do happily ever after on MNSSHP nights? I want to book Cali Grill during fireworks on my arrival night but don't know what time to book because its a party night as well (I am not attending the party that night)
No, they will be doing party fireworks. You will want your dinner reservations at Cali Grill later. i'm not sure how late they take ADRs......maybe 10pm? Of course, no matter when you have dinner as you can take your receipt and still get up to the observation deck to view them as long as your ADR was the same day.

No, they will be doing party fireworks. You will want your dinner reservations at Cali Grill later. i'm not sure how late they take ADRs......maybe 10pm? Of course, no matter when you have dinner as you can take your receipt and still get up to the observation deck to view them as long as your ADR was the same day.
Thankyou so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!