"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by monique5, Jan 15, 2019.

1. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

I believe Disney and Cast Members are more concerned with dresses that drag excessively like the examples below. Not only will people step on them but they can get caught in rides causing injuries and delays. Ball gowns maybe full but most I've seen don't look like these.
    upload_2019-2-11_15-6-45.png

SaraJR likes this.
  2. Momma_Lanier

Momma_Lanier Mouseketeer

We went to the Labor Day party last year and crowds were amazing! We got to do everything we wanted plus some! We’re going on Labor Day again this year!

Anais and Mom2Stitch like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SaraJR

SaraJR Mouseketeer

Yea my understanding is it needs to be 2 inches off the ground

FoxC63 likes this.
  5. bpesch

bpesch DIS Veteran

This is what the rules say--"Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)". Which when you think about it, leaves a lot open for interpretation.

FoxC63 likes this.
  6. AlohaNow

AlohaNow Just keep swimming...

So I chucked the idea of renting DVC for just our one party night and went ahead and booked POR. We may do a week long WDW trip during DS’s senior year, and we want to book a big place at OKW on rented points for that. We’ll be fine at POR for our one night before catching our ship. I mean, once we get our hands on some Magic Bands for the first time, we’ll naturally want to use them again! The Mickey Halloween shirts are already in my cruise bag!

Cluelyss likes this.
  7. OurLaughingPlace

OurLaughingPlace Canadian Mouseketeer

I just booked for MNSSHP for our first party ever. We are going to the first party on August 17th. Do I need to link the tickets in MDE? Should I see them listed in MDE? I received a confirmation email. Also, we have a split stay (PORS, Beach Club, Poly). The party night will be during our Poly stay. Does it matter which magic bands we wear to the party? TIA

8. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Did you buy them online or by phone? If you bought them online, it should automatically come up in MDE. Otherwise you can use that confirmation number to link them.

Any magicbands can be used interchangeably.

OurLaughingPlace likes this.
  9. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Here's some photopass photos from 1 of our MNSSHPs last year!

290800949.jpeg
    290801515.jpeg 290808461.jpeg
    290811600.jpeg
    290902015.jpeg
    290929224.jpeg
    290953490.jpeg
    290956907.jpeg
    290957179.jpeg
    290961143.jpeg

10. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

11. MaleDisneyBeliever

MaleDisneyBeliever DIS Veteran

Great pics!! Looks like you guys had a lot fun and got to meet a ton of characters for one party!

FoxC63 and lvcourtneyy like this.
  12. OurLaughingPlace

OurLaughingPlace Canadian Mouseketeer

I bought them online and still don't see them in MDE. I'll try to link them now. Thanks for your reply:-)

13. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

We are going that Friday

14. bpesch

bpesch DIS Veteran

Days after I bought mine they still hadn't shown up in MDE. I ended up emailing with the information and they fixed it for me pretty quickly.

15. MaleDisneyBeliever

MaleDisneyBeliever DIS Veteran

Where did you email please?

16. sherlockmiles

sherlockmiles DIS Veteran

@Ivcourtneyy - GREAT PICS!!! You guys are adorable. Thank you so much for sharing them.

FoxC63 and lvcourtneyy like this.
  17. Anais

Anais Earning My Ears

Hey, everyone. We are so excited it will be our first Disneyworld trip from September 2nd to the 10th and we are attending the Labor Day MNSSHP. We really hope it will not be too crowded.

We don't plan on doing character meet, except if the lines are less than 20 minutes, DS is 9 and DD is 5 and are totally able of staying up very very late. We are not total Disney newbies since we usually go to Disneyland Paris every year and they are the last one asleep after the firework and the travel back to the hotel, which usually means in bed at 1:00 AM.

This forum has been so helpful with my planning that if ever someone needs info on Disneyland Paris and how to great amazing prices I will sure be glad to help.

hswillia07 and McNs like this.
  18. bpesch

bpesch DIS Veteran

My Disney Experience, at the bottom of the page, the HELP section, Contact Us.

MaleDisneyBeliever likes this.
  19. Raya

Raya DIS Veteran

180 days! As of today we have 180 days until the first party, and I'm stumped trying to figure out dining. We usually do a table service meal before the official start of the party (6pm). Food is important to us, and we've had some amazing meals pre-party as the park empties out. CRT had themed desserts I still dream about. But when I check dining reservations for the first party day no tables are available (CRT, BOG, or Tony's). And yet, the party page lists table service under "Ghoulishly Good Eats".

So what do we think that all means? Are special dining options coming soon?

20. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

I’m sure someone will remember from last year. I think maybe resies for party nights opened up late? I wasn’t planning to make a resie so I didn’t pay attention.

21. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Earning My Ears

Who is SW? I feel like I am being really dense in asking, sorry! I am VERY keen to see Disney park schedules for our September trip and I'm wondering if I am going to be very happy on 3/13 :rolleyes2