"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOW!!!! I love it! Thank you so much!
Thanks! The lighting if a little off, and I didn't have the Star Wars ears turned on (they light up! They're the ones with the black background) and it's really hard to fit something with corners into the circle avatar! LOL!
If anyone has any questions on how I did it, I'd be happy to share. I couldn't stand just having them laying around so I found a way to display them that worked for me. I just take off any pair I plan to take on my trip. Right now the Coco ones (top, second from left) are packed for the Halloween party!

But the alcohol ones are at Riverside - that's where we'll be walking to...
Wait, what?! Staying at POR in October - I didn't know there were alcoholic beignets anywhere! We walked to French Quarter last year to get beignets, and the pumpkin spice flavor was amazing. I preferred the pumpkin spice over the regular beignets.

Thanks! The lighting if a little off, and I didn't have the Star Wars ears turned on (they light up! They're the ones with the black background) and it's really hard to fit something with corners into the circle avatar! LOL!
If anyone has any questions on how I did it, I'd be happy to share. I couldn't stand just having them laying around so I found a way to display them that worked for me. I just take off any pair I plan to take on my trip. Right now the Coco ones (top, second from left) are packed for the Halloween party!

How are the ear headbands attached to the frames?

How are the ear headbands attached to the frames?
That was the tricky part..... Initially I just put them in the shadow boxes with the glass on the front, but I found that it squished some of the ears that were wider (front to back) and it wasn't convenient to take them out. I like to use my ears on our trips and I didn't want to lock them up! So I took the glass off and fashioned hooks out of large-gage jewelry wire that go through a small hole in the background color paper and glued onto the back of the frame. That made them sturdy and I was able to make the hooks according to the width (front to back) of the specific set of ears. You cant really see the hooks unless you get up close to them. And best of all, I can still easily use the ears by just lifting them off the hooks.
I might have to move my display to another room/wall because it's getting so large and I have some waiting to be framed.

I have a fair amount of questions I was hoping I could get some help with. This will be the first time I have gone in a long time, back before magic band, mobile ordering, and fast pass had changed. Also it will be first time at a party there ever.

First off, if you don't have a magic band and you are only coming to the Halloween party, do they give you an rfid chip? And what do they look like if so?

Next, I heard disney got rid of the old straws for drinks, do they have alternative ones (and if so are the paper, and how well do they work), or just ones you could buy? It looked like the pictures of the last party had cool headless horseman straws you could buy, anything like that this year?

Also, which souvenirs would you recommend. I was thinking that it may be worth scrounging up some money to get the Mickey's pants sundae and the skippers Canteen cup before the party, but that and the Halloween treats seems like it may add up the price quickly. And the dice in that Snake Eyes drink seem great. (Also, I don't know how I feel about going to the Canteen just for the drink, and right before the party...)

And would it be worth it to try to get the freebie souvenirs like the celebration button (saying first party or attending alone) or the Pirate Adventure Treasures of 7 seas map and cards?

Sorry for the question overload and thanks for any help.

The Halloween Vampire Mickey MagicBand is available in Tomorrowland for $29.99 and the Evil Queen MagicBand can be found in the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. at the exit of Space Mountain for $24.99.

I have a fair amount of questions I was hoping I could get some help with. This will be the first time I have gone in a long time, back before magic band, mobile ordering, and fast pass had changed. Also it will be first time at a party there ever.

First off, if you don't have a magic band and you are only coming to the Halloween party, do they give you an rfid chip? And what do they look like if so?

Next, I heard disney got rid of the old straws for drinks, do they have alternative ones (and if so are the paper, and how well do they work), or just ones you could buy? It looked like the pictures of the last party had cool headless horseman straws you could buy, anything like that this year?

Also, which souvenirs would you recommend. I was thinking that it may be worth scrounging up some money to get the Mickey's pants sundae and the skippers Canteen cup before the party, but that and the Halloween treats seems like it may add up the price quickly. And the dice in that Snake Eyes drink seem great. (Also, I don't know how I feel about going to the Canteen just for the drink, and right before the party...)

And would it be worth it to try to get the freebie souvenirs like the celebration button (saying first party or attending alone) or the Pirate Adventure Treasures of 7 seas map and cards?

Sorry for the question overload and thanks for any help.

If you don't have a magic band, you will get a plastic card for your ticket. It is the same as the hard tickets that are issued for regular park tickets. You'd use the card to tap into the park as well as for any fastpasses you might book for the 4pm-6pm timeframe before the party.

Souvenirs are so individual! We don't collect popcorn buckets or specialty drink items or anything, but we are HUGE pin collectors. So for us, getting whatever limited edition/special party pin they have is really important. It's really about what is going to be meaningful to YOU from the trip.

I wouldn't say the celebration button is a must have, because they don't make any special ones for the party, it's just the same generic ones you can get any other day from the parks or the resorts. The Pirates adventure also doesn't do anything special for the party - BUT Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom does give out a special MNSSHP exclusive card for free! We also grab that because we love playing SOTMK and it's a great freebie.

Hours have been extended for select dates in September at the Magic Kingdom.

Saturday, September 21, 2019 – Park closing at 10:00 PM: LINK

September 28, 2019 – Park closing at 10:00 PM: LINK

The park originally was set to close at 9:00 PM on those nights.

Last edited:
OK, here is my attempt to post our plan for the party this Friday night, Aug 16th. I've never tried to write thing down with times like this, so sorry if it's a little rough. I was just wondering what people think.

We have no interest in meeting any characters, we have the terrace dessert party booked, we want to see the 1st parade, I would like to do the 3 rides with overlays, get some magic shots, and do the TOT lines as we pass them but not overly worried about hitting them all. I really want to get the merchandise, usually if we go it's in late Oct so I'm excited that it might not be sold out. I'm sure my kids would like to ride a few other things since this is our only MK time on the weekend trip. I may have too much to fit in

Arrive at the MK around 3:00 and enter with our APs. I will try for a little eariler but might not be possible.
HM FP 2:30-3:30, beeline there
JC FP 3:35-4:35, hit right at 3:35
Skipper canteen ADR 3:55
get bands at tortuga tavern (possibly before SC if possible)
Main Street for Merchandise
Pick up SOTMK card if they are available this early
go through the bypass for candy/photos
Possibly check in for the dessert party if we can this early
Space Mt FP 4:55-5:55, hit at the end of the window. I will attempt to change this to something else the day of, ideal would be BTMRR.
6-8:45 ride pirates, teacups, and SM with the overlay, stop at Big Top if needed for merch, any magic shots or TOT trails we pass that don't have ridiculous lines
8:45 spot for first parade in frontierland on the far side and the end toward LS (will this be early enough? Don't need front row, but kind of need second row with 2 kids)
9:35 to tomorrowland terrace for dessert party, going though fantasyland and tomorrowland to get there
9:55 or so - 10:30 - get desserts, watch fireworks
10:30-12 - do anything we missed, ride some, or leave since we will have been up since 4.

What do you think?

OK, here is my attempt to post our plan for the party this Friday night, Aug 16th. I've never tried to write thing down with times like this, so sorry if it's a little rough. I was just wondering what people think.

What do you think?

Arrive 3pm via AP
3:00-3:25 (maybe 3:30) HM FP 2:30-3:30
3:35-3:55 JC FP 3:35-4:35, hit right at 3:35
3:55-4:45? Skipper canteen ADR 3:55
4:45-4:55 Get bands at TortugaTtavern (possibly before SC if possible)
5pm-5:30 Main Street for Merchandise
5:45-6:05 Space Mt FP 4:55-5:55
6:10-6:20 Bypass for candy/photos / Pick up SOTMK card Hmmm
6:25-Possibly check in for the dessert party if we can this early
6:30-8:45 pirates, teacups, and SM with the overlay, stop at Big Top if needed for merch, any magic shots or TOT trails we pass that don't have ridiculous lines

8:45 spot for first parade in frontierland on the far side and the end toward LS (will this be early enough? Don't need front row, but kind of need second row with 2 kids)

9:35 to tomorrowland terrace for dessert party, going though fantasyland and tomorrowland to get there

9:55 or so - 10:30 - get desserts, watch fireworks

10:30-12 - do anything we missed, ride some, or leave since we will have been up since 4.

Just a quick look!

Anyone ever do 2 parties in one trip? We had considered adding a dessert party to our MNSSHP night but it’s only about $50 more to just do a second party 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter