Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

So I know everyone is going to HHN and is probably not in the mood for a movie review discussion, but I'll do it anyway.

Just watched the original Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein.

I loved Frankenstein. It's one of those movies that you watch for the first time, yet is has become so enmeshed in popular culture that there were many scenes that I felt I'd already watched. I felt so bad for the monster though. Poor thing.

I guess Bride of Frankenstein is better reviewed generally than the original? I thought the beginning was a bit ridiculous. I liked the part with the Bride and the blind man, they needed more of that and less ridiculousness that happened in the beginning.

I'm looking forward even more to the Monsters house. If that is even possible. I think we still have Invisible Man, Dracula and Creature from the Black Lagoon left.

Last edited:
We have a non-private RIP Tour booked with a 7:00pm start from Cafe La Bamba on Sunday. We plan to be at the park entrance at 6:00pm to collect our credentials. So we'll have maybe 45 minutes of free time available. Which houses would you try to hit on your own before doing the tour? Do you think we could get in 2 houses or more on our own in 45 minutes before the tour starts? Ideally a couple of houses where the exit from the first one is going to be adjacent to the entrance of the second one, not to waste time walking. Where would you go?

We have a non-private RIP Tour booked with a 7:00pm start from Cafe La Bamba on Sunday. We plan to be at the park entrance at 6:00pm to collect our credentials. So we'll have maybe 45 minutes of free time available. Which houses would you try to hit on your own before doing the tour? Do you think we could get in 2 houses or more on our own in 45 minutes before the tour starts? Ideally a couple of houses where the exit from the first one is going to be adjacent to the entrance of the second one, not to waste time walking. Where would you go?

I would not do any houses. We like to enjoy the scare zones and atmosphere before our tour.

The tour is pretty hectic, you will see all houses and walk through the scare zones. There is just not enough time to enjoy the scare zones during the tour.

We also like to enjoy Cafe La Bamba before the tour starts. You can sit and enjoy apps and desserts complimentary. There is a bar, so we usually get a drink too.

We usually get done before the event ends, but we are so pooped that we are just ready to head back to our hotel.

Did they change it from after 10 to 8 now?
I'll have to read up on that for how they handle it this year.

Are the general tickets, and the express passes name specific? Didn't know if you must show an ID before entering each house with the EP.

Last edited:
I'm probably wrong about the time, just threw out what I thought I heard
In some past years, the half ep ticket would be listed in advance (maybe 8 pm?) that it would be available to purchase at a specific time and valid to use at 10.
Week days and week ends for the half price ticket had different times involved for usage start.
If I remember correctly it was valid for the last 4 hours of hhn.

There are changes each year for hhn.
Have not read on any sites much about it yet.
I'm sure postings will start to come in later this month.

Probably a house will open before 6 in one section of the park but it wouldn't be the ones in the main entrance area of the park.
If you go through a house before it starts to get dark outside, it won't have the same effect if you went later in the evening.
By your tour starting at 7, less light out then.

Anyone have any thoughts on the latest tropical storm headed that way this weekend. I am kinda concerned. A little rain I can handle but if it looks like downpours this weekend I may need to reconsider things. I myself would be ok with it but it would make things a bit more difficult with my daughter due to her special circumstances.

For this Sunday, the 15th, if we went with Express Passes rather than a tour, what would you say would be the maximum wait time we should expect for any house during the evening? One of my friends refuses to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. (he once walked out of a Madonna concert because she was taking too long).

Anyone have any thoughts on the latest tropical storm headed that way this weekend. I am kinda concerned. A little rain I can handle but if it looks like downpours this weekend I may need to reconsider things. I myself would be ok with it but it would make things a bit more difficult with my daughter due to her special circumstances.

I didn’t bother to check the weather for next week at all, until I read this. Well, this is a huge bummer. Next week looks like a total wash out.

For anyone who has been to HHN in pouring rain, what’s it like? I assume the scare zones won’t operate?

For anyone who has been to HHN in pouring rain, what’s it like? I assume the scare zones won’t operate?

I looked at the weather for next week too. I will be there Thursday.

It is very rare that it rains all day. It will usually rain during the day for a short time and not in the evening or vice versa.

It will be ok.

I have gone to hhn in a light rain and heavy rain and pounding rain
It sucks but you have less crowds to deal with
Since there are no refunds, I still went to hhn but made it a short night unless it was
just passing showers
Scare zones won’t have much action

Some SA would be there probably but not moving after peeps if pavement slick and slippery

Houses will operate as it’s a covered enclosed area

Take rain ponchos if it’s a steady rain
Umbrella for a light rain

Locals probably won’t venture to the parks if weather is awful so less lines in the park

I hope your time at hhn is not wet the entire evening

It is always possible the weather reports will change

Aside from the Private and Non-Private RIP Tours, apparently now there's a new "lite" option, where you get 5 houses included (either front or back of park). No express pass for rides afterwards. Details seem scarce, anyone have more info on this?

I'm trying to understand the "holding pens."

We'll be arriving at Universal at 3:00. DD and I have APs and her boyfriend has Early Scream. What time should we head for the holding pen? What is it like?

Are the holding pens a bunch of people standing in the sun outside, crowded together, or is there shade, are there places to sit, etc. I see that Finnegan's is one option. How early would we have to get there to get a table? Do any of the other holding pens have restaurant options?

I just can't picture what this experience will be like and I'm trying to plan.

The holding pens are not roped off until 4:45 or around that time period
Rope stands will be in place but ropes not yet
It’s just a lane to be in to enter the s/s sections when the park closes

If peeps are inside Finnegans at 4 or after and eating they get a paper hhn band on their wrist

No one has to go to a holding pen until
5:00

If you go to Finnegans at 3, you won’t be able to keep that table when you are done eating
Some air at the bar and drink to wait out the wait time for hhn to open

Simpson area has tables in the area
Many claim a table for their group maybe around 4 or after
There are food places in this section
The bar at the end of this section has seats and some near the water there
If you have the hhn band on, you can stay in any area that is set up for a holding pen

Most places are in the sun at the park

Last few years I do rides until they close
When park closes, I get a wrist band and then head to a holding area and wait for hhn to open

TM will come around in the holding areas and ask to see your hhn ticket
If you have one, they fasten a paper band on your wrist

Each hhn date they use a different color band

Oncwr the park closes and you have a band on, you won’t be asked to verify your ticket anymore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter