Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

I’m also keen for info on stay and scream. Where are the locations and which houses do they let out to? Going on Thursday night so need to plan ASAP.
So I did see a video of people staying in the Finnegan's area.
That goes to Ghostbusters and stranger things - you can actually pick which one you want to go to and wait with that group specifically - I believe you could also go to the US house after that
It did look very busy Friday and Saturday
Just search youtube for hhn 2019 and there are a ton of videos - just watch out for spoilers - most are good about that

So I did see a video of people staying in the Finnegan's area.
That goes to Ghostbusters and stranger things - you can actually pick which one you want to go to and wait with that group specifically - I believe you could also go to the US house after that
It did look very busy Friday and Saturday
Just search youtube for hhn 2019 and there are a ton of videos - just watch out for spoilers - most are good about that
Thanks. I’ve found the details and think I’ll go for the stranger things line first then maybe try ghostbusters second???

Now it’s so close I’m second guessing my ticket choice so much!!! I’ve been doing this for weeks and when they announced the early entry pass I purchased one of those and told myself I’m done and happy but now watching all the videos I wonder if my BOGO two nights will be enough and whether I should be trying to upgrade to the rush of fear so I can go a third night (3 nights in a row). I promised myself I’d rest and enjoy city walk and the resort that night but maybe it would be better to leave the park a little earlier each night and do 3 nights. Of course that’s assuming they would upgrade over the phone.

Goodness I'm getting so excited. Just a matter of days until our trip now! This year we're going on a Friday so if we decide we need a second night of HHN we can do Saturday as well. From what I've seen the houses seem fantastic this year. Of course I'm anticipating Ghostbusters and Stranger Things, but I also can't wait for the Yeti house. It looks so fun.

Everyone going in the coming days... have a blast! Hydrate. Soak it all in. Eat pizza fries. :-)

I started to watch a youtube video from a very popular Orlando vlogger, whom I trust, but then immediately clicked out of it. I don't want to see inside the houses beforehand, I think I'd rather just be surprised. I'm kind of disappointed that they allowed video walk-throughs of the houses this year. I guess if I wasn't going, maybe I would appreciate it, but it kind of feels like a spoiler for my favorite tv show.

I started to watch a youtube video from a very popular Orlando vlogger, whom I trust, but then immediately clicked out of it. I don't want to see inside the houses beforehand, I think I'd rather just be surprised. I'm kind of disappointed that they allowed video walk-throughs of the houses this year. I guess if I wasn't going, maybe I would appreciate it, but it kind of feels like a spoiler for my favorite tv show.
Was that from Media preview? I've avoided those too. I do want to know about the interactive elements (buttons) or tips but that is it. It's why I didn't schedule our UtH tour until our 4th day there-then for the last two nights I can look for all the secrets!

Tonight was noticeably quieter........didn’t seem crowded at all.

Most houses were around the 30-50 minute mark.......some at 20 minutes.

We did Killer Klowns again........walked straight in with EP while the regular line was 40 minutes. This was quite fun again and one of the Klowns accidentally hit me in the arm........even with his costume I could see he was asking if I was ok.......it was fine. Good fun house.

The Graveyard house was fabulous. 30 minute wait and we waited maybe 10 minutes including the long walk.........this house is a real favourite....I’m happy to make the walk for this house.........some food scares and visually excellent.

Classic Monsters was also fabulous. Wait went from 30 minutes to 20 and we more or less walked in to this one too. Amazing house.......good scares and same guy got me a few times........that happened more than once. This is another house that’s worth the walk. Will do these houses again.

Nightingales Blood Pit was another visually beautiful house....but a little too dark to see everything. Decent house with a couple of good scares. 40 minute wait.......with EP it was less than 10 minutes.

Rob Zombies House of 1000 corpses......enjoyed this more than I thought I would. But no rush to do it again. Characters are excellent and interact with the crowds.

Did Ghostbusters again........50 minute wait.......with EP we were on in just under 10 minutes. This is such a fun house.......no scares.

Yeti again was so much fun.........45 minute regular line, took us 10 minutes exactly. Love this house despite it not being scary.

Scare zones were better tonight.

Didn’t try the food........one place we looked had Bento Box, Pot Stickers and Bao Buns.......didn’t appeal much at all. We went to NBC instead.

The back side of the park had better houses for scares.......

Look forward to our next visit........

Going to my first HHN next month... where do you purchase the Pizza Fries??

One more question.... if you are already inside the park the day of the HHN, are you able to choose which stay and scream location you want?

thanks!

Last edited:

One more question.... if you are already inside the park the day of the HHN, are you able to choose which stay and scream location you want?

thanks!

The Pizza Fries are available at the Kidzone Pizza place. They also have seating available there to take a load off and enjoy them.

Yes, you can choose where you would like to be, IMO Finnegans is the better spot for the most popular houses, but Springfield is generally less crowded, has more dining options, and available seating.

I am super excited for our upcoming trip! The Graveyard house look so good.

The scare zones look so much better than last years :) Can't wait for the fashion runway!

How were the crowds as far as the younger set? There were so many younger kids last year with Stranger Things, I wonder if there are even more this year?

In years past we have only done the stay and scream at Finnegans. Which areas gain early entry to which houses

I saw on another forum that at the Simpsons S&S you can choose to go to House of 1000 Corpses, Depths of Fear, or Monsters. I also saw someone say the used Hello Kitty for Killer Klowns on opening night, but haven’t seen anything else about that one so not sure if it’s a regular thing or not.

The Pizza Fries are available at the Kidzone Pizza place. They also have seating available there to take a load off and enjoy them.

You can also get them at Louie's. At least last year you could. The seating and AC there are really nice. I also noticed it wasn't as busy as Kid Zone for some reason.

You can also get them at Louie's. At least last year you could. The seating and AC there are really nice. I also noticed it wasn't as busy as Kid Zone for some reason.
Last year the tour guide for unmasking the horror mentioned this to me and said they were better, Id have to agree.
The ones at the kid zone are often way over cooked.

Unrelated to HHN - for AP holders there is a secret menu item over atComic Strip Cafe: Margherita Pizza Fries – french fries with mozzarella, marinara, Italian tomatoes, balsamic glaze and basil pesto drizzle on top - the look really good

We're headed to HHN on Wed. Sept 25th.. seems like it should be pretty manageable but we're getting express passes just in case. I will want to do every house/zone.. is that gonna be doable in one night?

If so, what should our strategy be. We'll be there for stay and scream as we will already be in the parks from earlier in the day.

Wednesday for hhn has the lightest crowds compared to all the other days it is held

You will be able to see it all with the ep

I always include a Wednesday for hhn

Should we get the express passes beforehand or wait to get them at the park? I'm assuming in this case, before is better.

Should we get the express passes beforehand or wait to get them at the park? I'm assuming in this case, before is better.

They can sellout, so before is better. Someone last year thought the price before hand, not sure how far in advance, was cheaper. I didn’t think they changed though.

This year I did not buy the ep for my Wednesday hhn night early October
Plan to hit just some houses and eat dinner at city walk

I look at the price site of hhn tickets costs per dates
The Wednesday I am going has hhn tixs at its lowest
I do have other nights set up with tours

I plan on doing a stay and scream holding area, hit 5 houses, take my time in the scare zones, take pics of the event and then dinner in city walk for that Wednesday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter