Official 2019 Free Dining BB Watch

So, I just read on Disney Tourist Blog (Tom Bricker) in his latest post about the bounce back, that there is a good chance GE won't open before xmas. And I don't think Disney would open it the week between xmas and NYE, so that is easily a 2020 open. Now the FD bounce back makes sense, and maybe there will be FD in 2019 - inc. Dec.

So, I just read on Disney Tourist Blog (Tom Bricker) in his latest post about the bounce back, that there is a good chance GE won't open before xmas. And I don't think Disney would open it the week between xmas and NYE, so that is easily a 2020 open. Now the FD bounce back makes sense, and maybe there will be FD in 2019 - inc. Dec.

I don't know where he got his information, but none of the Disboards or WDWMagic insiders agree with him. The most recent I heard (within the last week) was that it is likely to open after November 1, but delays are still possible and no internal date has been set yet. Disney is still saying "late fall, 2019".

I don't know where he got his information, but none of the Disboards or WDWMagic insiders agree with him. The most recent I heard (within the last week) was that it is likely to open after November 1, but delays are still possible and no internal date has been set yet. Disney is still saying "late fall, 2019".
I'd agree that news like a delay in the opening of SW: GE would be more widely publicized if it had been announced by Disney. Until more sources are reporting it or Disney makes an official announcement, I'm still thinking they're planning on a 'late fall 2019' opening.

It could change but for now I haven't heard anything official and I follow a number of what I consider to be reliable Disney bloggers and podcasts, etc.

Tom also said that it could just be a case of one hand not talking to the other and maybe the FD offer for December will only be available to BB guests and not when the FD offer opens to the general public. It seems to me that is likely to be the case if SW:GE does open as scheduled, or else the FD rooms will be very, very limited for December. The last time we did FD in December, there were many more resorts available than there are now (and that was back when moderates got the regular DP). But then, there could be other things that they are projecting. Perhaps foreign tourist numbers are projected to go down based on economic and other factors. Maybe the new parking fees are causing more people to stay off-property, or their sales of park hoppers have gone down. Who knows.

In fact, just today a well-known insider on wdw magic says they're hoping for October, planning on November, and December would be a last resort.

Ugh! My husband wants to take a year off from Disney...even with a free dining B.B. I am ok with skipping a year (I think), but I am really struggling with passing that up. Someone please tell me taking a year off is ok . We have been doing Disney for 5 straight summers and he is ready for something different. He wants to go again in 2020 when more new attractions open.

Ugh! My husband wants to take a year off from Disney...even with a free dining B.B. I am ok with skipping a year (I think), but I am really struggling with passing that up. Someone please tell me taking a year off is ok . We have been doing Disney for 5 straight summers and he is ready for something different. He wants to go again in 2020 when more new attractions open.
No, its no ok. Just kidding, you have to do what you feel is right. BUT there is no reason to put the 200 down and if you decide you really don't want to go, then cancel and you get your 200 back. But who knows how you will feel next year. I mean there may not be a free dining offered and so the option of sitting and waiting by your computer in April may not be there like it was for me. We are booking a bounce back for Dec and will deicde later if we need it or want it or not. I already have vacation planned for DW in Jan and May. Those have both already been paid for including fights. so Dec is icing on the cake.

Tried doing this in 2016 instead we stayed multiple times at Universal twice at HR once at RP we felt so deprived of Disney we had to do WL in late November!!!!!

Tried doing this in 2016 instead we stayed multiple times at Universal twice at HR once at RP we felt so deprived of Disney we had to do WL in late November!!!!!
I wish I could get away that often!!! I am a teacher, so travel for me is typically limited to summer. We are going to visit my MIL for Thanksgiving in the Villages, so we are going to stay one night at Disney to get our Disney fix. Other than that, we typically take one big trip per year. He hasn’t been to a beach in 3 years, so he is wanting a beach vacation next year. :sad1:

I wish I could get away that often!!! I am a teacher, so travel for me is typically limited to summer. We are going to visit my MIL for Thanksgiving in the Villages, so we are going to stay one night at Disney to get our Disney fix. Other than that, we typically take one big trip per year. He hasn’t been to a beach in 3 years, so he is wanting a beach vacation next year. :sad1:
We LOVE The Villages!!! My parents rented there for a number of years so would go and visit each November. Sadly they don't go any longer so we miss out too. Enjoy your time there and at Disney! We used to do a 1 night at Pop when visiting my parents with 2 day tickets. Pricey but got our Disney fix in!

We LOVE The Villages!!! My parents rented there for a number of years so would go and visit each November. Sadly they don't go any longer so we miss out too. Enjoy your time there and at Disney! We used to do a 1 night at Pop when visiting my parents with 2 day tickets. Pricey but got our Disney fix in!
What is the Villages? I'm inttrigued.

What is the Villages? I'm inttrigued.
The Villages is a gigantic retirement community in central Florida. They have tons of golf courses, 3 town squares, 2 movie theaters, tons of pools. They even have their own hospital. It is a golf cart community, so they actually have special roads/paths to drive around on your golf cart. It is a huge place, probably about the size of WDW actually. They have homes ranging from small villas to the million $ plus range. It is a nice place to live if you are retired. I believe someone in the household has to be at least 50 or 55 to live there and you are not allowed to have dependent children living with you. They have something for everyone.

The Villages is a gigantic retirement community in central Florida. They have tons of golf courses, 3 town squares, 2 movie theaters, tons of pools. They even have their own hospital. It is a golf cart community, so they actually have special roads/paths to drive around on your golf cart. It is a huge place, probably about the size of WDW actually. They have homes ranging from small villas to the million $ plus range. It is a nice place to live if you are retired. I believe someone in the household has to be at least 50 or 55 to live there and you are not allowed to have dependent children living with you. They have something for everyone.

This! ^ There are also people who rent out their homes in The Villages which is how we would go. My parents rented for the month of November for a number of years and my DD and I would go down and visit for a week. We loved tooting around in the golf cart!

Disney is approx 75 mins from The Villages so we would normally go for 1 or 2 days when we were there.

The Villages really is an amazing place! One of my fun memories is going through the drive thru at Chick-fil-a with my then 2yo napping on the seat of the golf cart beside me.

I wonder if they still let people rent out their property, since there is an age limit. I would love to check this out sometime, just not quite 50 yet!

I wonder if they still let people rent out their property, since there is an age limit. I would love to check this out sometime, just not quite 50 yet!
They do for sure! The Villages has always been a seniors community. Google The Villages. It truly s an amazing place!!

We have rented homes in the past when we have gone to visit. I have found many properties on VRBO and there are also hotels in the villages. We like to stay at The Waterfront Inn at the Lake Sumter town square.

I have a bounce back question. My DS and DIL are at WDW now. They are staying with another couple. Can DS book a package for next September for the two of them (not the other couple) and me? Do I need to have been there to be included in this? Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!