• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Can any DVC members confirm if you just have to show your card to get in at 2PM or does it need to be linked to your magic band?

Love this thread! I know there have been lots of questions about FP between 4-6. We have 4 day MYW tickets and are planning to go to EP on our first day and MNSSHP on our first night. Is it possible to have 3 prebooked FP at Epcot and also have 2-3 prebooked FP at MK between 4-6? If so, what's the best way or best order to reserve FP so I can try not to get the dreaded email?

Werthers has a prominate spot as a candy stop at the party - dh and I mentioned we love werthers and they filled both of our bags to the top with werthers - favorite stop of the night

Where was this? Is it new this year? dont remember them from last year. They are a favorite of DH.

I'm also curious on this one. I know (from reading these great posts!) that there is a separate line for check-in that begins around 4pm (and I know that I have the ticket linked to my magic band), but is there some special ticket or band that I have to collect at check-in that visually differentiates for CMs the party members from the general admission folks?
Yes, you will receive a special party band. CMs will actively check for this band throughout the night to confirm you are a party guest. If you enter via the main park entrance after 4, it will be issued there. If you are already in the park, there are several locations they can be picked up at inside MK.

Love this thread! I know there have been lots of questions about FP between 4-6. We have 4 day MYW tickets and are planning to go to EP on our first day and MNSSHP on our first night. Is it possible to have 3 prebooked FP at Epcot and also have 2-3 prebooked FP at MK between 4-6? If so, what's the best way or best order to reserve FP so I can try not to get the dreaded email?
No - you can only have 3 FP a day. After they are used, you can try to add some for the party

Ok, I’ve spent all weekend coming up with a party plan and here it is! Feel free to critique!

Attending October 11th with DS (age 5). Costumes are HM tightrope walker and crocodile.

Arrive about 3:30 and hopefully in before 4.
On the way up Main St get HM magic shots taken if we can get them that early.
Shop for merchandise at Emporium.
We have a Peter Pan FP that ends at 4:15 that we may or may not make...I’m not too worried about it.
Get Maleficent cone at Storybook Treats.
HM FP 4:25-5:25 and get our picture taken outside of HM (hopefully magic shot!)
Early dinner at Sleepy Hollow (chicken waffle sandwich and Zero sundae if available?)
Jungle Cruise FP 5:25-6.
Line up for Moana after, hopefully will be done just before 7.
Get Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket from cart at 7 if we can!
Get spot near stage for 7:40 Hocus Pocus.
After show meet Gravediggers, hit a couple trick or treat spots and get spot in Frontierland for 9:15 parade.
After parade head back into Adventureland.
Meet Jafar, Tarzan and crew, and maybe Aladdin characters.
Ride Pirates.
Get doombuggy treat at Aloha Isle.
Wherever we happen to be at 10, walk over the water to see fireworks.
After finishing in that area, head towards HM to maybe ride again or at least enjoy atmosphere.
Make way into Fantasyland and ride teacups and maybe more rides and trick or treating until DS has had enough!

With small children plans sometimes need to altered...
DS and I have done the party 3 times - first year when he was 3 he made it till 10 till he got cranky and begged to leave.
We did two parties when he was 4 - the first he took a nap from 8-9 and then was good to go till 11:30!
The second he made it till after the 10:45 Hocus Pocus and then passed out in the stroller for the night.
Will be interesting to see how he does this year!
He’s generally a night owl and that day before the party we’ll sleep in, do a character breakfast, maybe swim and rest in room before party.
I know you’ve gotten some feedback here, but I’d also recommend posting this on the itinerary thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...arty-–-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/

From what I have gathered, because holy cow this is a lot of info, we should head to Frontierland for the Parade and Fireworks? Like on the docks? I absolutely want to see the green spooky lighting and river fog during the parade. Is Hocus Pocus thing worth it? I have littles who will be really tired so what should we NOT miss? I honestly do not care if we get character photos because I cannot expect them to wait over an hour for any of them.

The Werther's was at the party in 2015, but the CM said they are there every year and they were giving them out at the Christmas Party last year so I don't see why they woudln't be there this year

I just tried to do this and it wouldn't let me. I have an AP and have three booked at AK the day of our party. I got it to work in past years when I didn't have a ticket for the day and used only my party ticket.

Do we get our trick or treat bags as well?

They usually don’t hand out bands until close to the allowed entry time. Not sure if that’s different this year?

You can pick up candy bags at most trick or treat locations. No need to stress about getting them at the entrance (although usually most convenient).

I just tried to do this and it wouldn't let me. I have an AP and have three booked at AK the day of our party. I got it to work in past years when I didn't have a ticket for the day and used only my party ticket.
Guests can only book 3 FPs a day. Once those are used you can book more, 1 at a time. Once you have used up that FP you can book another.

Since you have booked FPs for AK you are not eligible to book another 3 for the party.

For those of use (myself included) who were interested in Werther's, after reviewing @MPLsDad's post, it appears Werther's may not be offered this year.

The poster who shared their great experience or receiving Werther's was sharing their experience from a few years ago and they may no longer be offered.

If they are it will be a great surprise, just didn't want people spending time chasing something that may not be offered this year.

My son’s favorite ride is Buzz and during the Halloween parties in Disneyland that ride is a virtual walk-on all night. He’s hoping to ride this “a million times” during the MNSSHP this year. How possible is this (give or take 999,990 ;))?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter