"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People got mixed messages last year too...I think in general they didn't start setting up until shortly after 4:00. It was also a hit and miss for those who went first..still hoping!!!

People got mixed messages last year too...I think in general they didn't start setting up until shortly after 4:00. It was also a hit and miss for those who went first..still hoping!!!

Last year we got in at 4. And they had the lanyards out at 4. I’ll check back at 4pm today.

I’m just surprised none of the CMs at the gate have any idea when the lanyards might be available, given it’s now after 3:30.

Thanks for the updates! I remember some people being turned away and others not? Hope you have a great time!!!

It may be different this year but I can't imagine they will hold everyone out until 7:00..I know there's significantly less people for this event vs. the parties but even if it's 3-5 thousand (that's just a guess) wouldn't it be a nightmare trying to get every one in? Even with AP holders already being inside, it just seems like too many people coming in at once...

I just went to the gates and spoke to a cast member who brought a manager over. The manager insisted nobody gets in before 7 p.m. We're going to ride the monorail for a little bit and come back maybe in an hour or so and try again.

I just went to the gates and spoke to a cast member who brought a manager over. The manager insisted nobody gets in before 7 p.m. We're going to ride the monorail for a little bit and come back maybe in an hour or so and try again.

Depending on what other tickets you have, did you try scanning your band?

All the parties work at 4, I’ll be shocked if dah doesn’t work at 4. I am already shocked that so few CMs know anything about he event.

Ok according to guest services, exit the park at 7:00, get your lanyard at the front, re-enter the park, the event begins at 8pm. Sorry nothing about 4pm entry

It may be different this year but I can't imagine they will hold everyone out until 7:00..I know there's significantly less people for this event vs. the parties but even if it's 3-5 thousand (that's just a guess) wouldn't it be a nightmare trying to get every one in? Even with AP holders already being inside, it just seems like too many people coming in at once...

Right! After all, if no one can get in til 7, there is no way a few thousand people can get thru the gates & get their lanyards in just a few minutes. And no way will anyone be happy to pay $90 (AP rate) to $119 (full price) for a 3 hour event and then miss 20-30 minutes just trying to get in. Even if not at 4 pm, at least by 6, people need to be let in before the event starts.

Depending on what other tickets you have, did you try scanning your band?

All the parties work at 4, I’ll be shocked if dah doesn’t work at 4. I am already shocked that so few CMs know anything about he event.
I don't want them to screw up and use our day tickets instead of event tickets.

I don't want them to screw up and use our day tickets instead of event tickets.
That would be bad. I wouldn't want that to happen either! I can't believe they haven't let anyone in yet. It was a lot of money to go to this without an AP and 4 people.

Right! After all, if no one can get in til 7, there is no way a few thousand people can get thru the gates & get their lanyards in just a few minutes. And no way will anyone be happy to pay $90 (AP rate) to $119 (full price) for a 3 hour event and then miss 20-30 minutes just trying to get in. Even if not at 4 pm, at least by 6, people need to be let in before the event starts.

The actual event starts at 8, so if they let everyone in at 7, there would be an hour buffer to get everyone in.

I'm surprised about the later entrance, especially since every other event they let people in unofficially early. But haven't been brave enough to try yet. Going to circle around on boat. I'm here with elderly parents who are easily disgruntled, and who are more worried about accidentally losing a day of their tickets. Dad saying he feels like it's a ripoff now. I think he'll perk up once we're actually in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts