"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest list is updated, thanks all!

As a reminder for anyone new, I'm keeping a guest list on Post #2 of the thread: 2018 DAH Guest List Post

If you'd like to be added, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!

Well after reading the several pages here and researching and reading a ton of reviews. I DID IT!! I called and purchased a ticket for my upcoming trip and will be at DAH on 2/15. I can't wait.

Thanks for all the great information! This is a solo trip for me so hoping to make the most out of it.

Well after reading the several pages here and researching and reading a ton of reviews. I DID IT!! I called and purchased a ticket for my upcoming trip and will be at DAH on 2/15. I can't wait.

Thanks for all the great information! This is a solo trip for me so hoping to make the most out of it.
You won't regret it!! :flower:

There are PhotoPass photographers around (mainly Main Street if I remember correctly) and the typical ride photos where available are still in operation during DAH. To my understanding, you do need to purchase Memory Maker to download the photos. Unless this has changed, I thought there was a one-day Memory Maker option for $59 available.

Big caveat in that I'm an AP holder so get it for free, so I'm not totally up to speed on the latest MM details.

I *was* an AP holder and now I’m spoiled by having MM. :rolleyes:

Hi, my dd 18 and myself will be attending the 2/15 DAH event, we did it last February and loved it! I added an extra night to our trip so we could do this again. I hope it is warmer than last year, it was a cool night! We found it really worth the AP price.
2B9B48DE-14B6-4673-832B-74381D99A7A1.jpeg

Hi, my dd 18 and myself will be attending the 2/15 DAH event, we did it last February and loved it! I added an extra night to our trip so we could do this again. I hope it is warmer than last year, it was a cool night! We found it really worth the AP price.
View attachment 293050

I see from your trip report at the time, you did 2/16 in 2017, right? I was there that night too. Brrrrrrr!!!!! :cold::cold::cold:

Hope y’all have a great time this year.

Question, has anyone purchased at the regular price and then changed it to AP price after?

I’m going to upgrade my park hopper when I get to Disney to an AP (just with the MM, food and merchandise discount it will be worth it) but I’ve already purchased my DAH ticket so I was curious if there was any way to get the $ back for the difference. It’s not a big deal if I can’t, but
I figured I would see if anyone has done it before. :)

I actually was going to do that too (eat early at ohana) but you might actually be able to get in at 4pm. We will know soon if that’s true Or not.

Nine days until my trip. Eleven days until DAH.

I'll post as soon as I can.

Anyone else there on Jan 19, if you see me say "Hi." As I have said, I will be riding my scooter, hubby will be walking. My scooter has what are effectively Christmas lights under it, and on my basket that is on the back.

Nine days until my trip. Eleven days until DAH.

I'll post as soon as I can.

Anyone else there on Jan 19, if you see me say "Hi." As I have said, I will be riding my scooter, hubby will be walking. My scooter has what are effectively Christmas lights under it, and on my basket that is on the back.
I sure hope we get in at 4 because I just got a bog dinner finally at 4:15 and I better be able to use it!

Posted this separately in the forum but just saw this thread, so I'll try here:

Our trip is just around the corner...we'll be at DW from Jan 20, checking out of WL on the morning of the 27.

Last year was our first trip to DW and it was absolutely magical. We spent three total nights in MK and I insisted we save the fireworks (it was still Wishes at the time) for the very last thing on our very last night. I think it was the perfect punctuation on an incredible trip and we all walked out of the park a bit misty-eyed.

This year, I've planned for our last night at to be at MK as well (lots of aspects of the trip I'm trying to re-create). I decided the other day to splurge and bought DAH passes for all of us for 1/26 -- our last night. I'm really excited for this, as we had talked about it but decided not to because we added a day at Universal Studios to the front of our trip about a month ago. I'm planning on surprising the family the morning of our last day (since there's usually a few tears that it's our last day anyway).

But here's the deal...I'm kinda big on doing fireworks the last night, but it's my understanding that if the park closes at 8 pm, HEA starts at 8 pm...is that true? If so, I don't know if I want to spend upwards of 20+ of our DAH time watching fireworks.

Thoughts? What would you do?

ETA: I also have to consider the fact that we're also doing EMM on the first day of Disney (1/21) so it's not like we're not going to get our fill of rides during the course of the week. We rode 7DMT a grand total of one time last year, and this year with FP we'll probably ride at least 10 times.

Our trip is just around the corner...we'll be at DW from Jan 20, checking out of WL on the morning of the 27.

Last year was our first trip to DW and it was absolutely magical. We spent three total nights in MK and I insisted we save the fireworks (it was still Wishes at the time) for the very last thing on our very last night. I think it was the perfect punctuation on an incredible trip and we all walked out of the park a bit misty-eyed.

This year, I've planned for our last night at to be at MK as well (lots of aspects of the trip I'm trying to re-create). I decided the other day to splurge and bought DAH passes for all of us for 1/26 -- our last night. I'm really excited for this, as we had talked about it but decided not to because we added a day at Universal Studios to the front of our trip about a month ago. I'm planning on surprising the family the morning of our last day (since there's usually a few tears that it's our last day anyway).

But here's the deal...I'm kinda big on doing fireworks the last night, but it's my understanding that if the park closes at 8 pm, HEA starts at 8 pm...is that true? If so, I don't know if I want to spend upwards of 20+ of our DAH time watching fireworks.

ETA: I also have to consider the fact that we're also doing EMM on the first day of Disney (1/21) so it's not like we're not going to get our fill of rides during the course of the week. We rode 7DMT a grand total of one time last year, and this year with FP we'll probably ride at least 10 times.

We will be at the Poly those same dates and we too decided to end our week with the DAH event on the 26th. We decided to see the fireworks another night.

Much like you, after our first trip several years ago, I wanted to "recreate" some of the magical memories when we returned the following year for our second trip. What I found is that there are so many great memories to be had as a family that the previous years memories were better left untouched and we did new stuff. For example, last year for you was HAE. Maybe this year you see it another night and your new great memory is something totally new that you never expected. I'm 43 with a wife and 2 young children. My first Disney trip was when I was 6 with my dad. I don't have a ton of memories from that trip but one that sticks out like it happened yesterday is riding thunder mountain probably 10x in a row during the Main street electric parade when there was no line. That doesn't sound like something you would plan for and we certainly didn't plan it ahead of time, it just happened and it's the memory that stands out to me. I think part of what makes memories great is the spontaneity of it. Don't be afraid to plan a totally new schedule this year. You'll be in Disney, it's a guaranty that life long memories will be made regardless. Whenever I try to recreate a memory, it either doesn't live up and disappoints or it surpasses the original and taints it. Just my .02 but you'll have a great time either way, I'm sure.

Last edited:

I would plan to watch HEA, then during DAH concentrate on riding your favorites as opposed to as many different rides as possible.

ETA we’ll be at DAH 2/15, and that’s our plan too!

My Wife and I will be attending on 1/26...Cant Wait!!! This will be a first for us.

I'll be at After Hours January 30th. The event happened to fall on one of my planned MK days on my solo trip, so I thought I would see what it's like.

I've got a Be Our Guest breakfast ADR at 9:00am, and a Skipper Canteen ADR for dinner at 7:30pm. I figure I'll head back to the resort after lunch, and then return to the park for the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter