"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I will be attending DAH on Saturday July 14th. I've been following this thread for the last few weeks since the summer DAH events started. I CAN NOT WAIT! The idea of being almost alone on Main Street USA is giving me chills!

I hope everyone going tonight has a good time.
My 16 year old daughter and I will be there the 14th as well. We are super excited! Fast passes booked for Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain and Peter Pan before event starts. Hoping for short lines and good weather!

We attended DAH on 6/30 and had a great time. I thought it was well worth the $. I don't have much to add to what others have already said about the park experience. We hit every ride we wanted to, and rode some twice. I do want to add though that we made a bit of a logistical mistake getting back to our hotel. We did not stay at a disney hotel, so we had to take the ferry to the transportation center and then call an uber from there to get to back to the hotel. If I were to do it over, I would have walked over to the contemporary and grabbed an uber from there. The ferry took a really long time to leave, I guess they were waiting for all the guests exiting the park.

Also meant to add to my previous post, that we attended the park event with our 7 and 11 year old. They were totally fine with the late hours. There were lots of other families with kids there, I saw one family walking around with a sleeping 2 year old in their arms!

Also meant to add to my previous post, that we attended the park event with our 7 and 11 year old. They were totally fine with the late hours. There were lots of other families with kids there, I saw one family walking around with a sleeping 2 year old in their arms!
Omg why would they even take the 2 year old?

Well, what else would they do? I mean, it's not like they had to pay for the 2yo to attend, and if it means keeping the family together and the kid is the type who can sleep anywhere and not be too cranky later, why not? Just seeing it from their angle. :bored:
I don’t have kids so I just can’t imagine it. I would be scared to wake them up.

Mine definitely could.

As toddlers they were able to hang in there until midnight or so...then crashed as we were leaving the park.

We did slow day leading up to the parties and then a late morning sleep the day after.
Huh well good to know lol.

I would imagine that with all the holiday parties from October to December they would not add in DAH as well.

Almost forgot there is a DAH tonight. Looks like another non-sell out. That's four summer dates so far, none have sold out.

Hope everyone has fun!

It makes me sad that none have sold out because I was hoping they would run it again next summer. I know they still could, but I would think they would be more likely to do so if they were selling out left and right.

Does Disney run DAH in early December?

Maybe we should start a petition for this :)

I think it would be fantastic to have DAH on nonparty nights in November and December. Not likely, but fantastic nonetheless.

One observation from our 6/30 DAH night.

I hadn't much paid attention to the fact that OUAT has been at 10pm for the summer dates so far. That means there's a castle show going on right when DAH starts. Granted OUAT is not a major draw, but it's still a draw and plenty of people stick around to watch.

Selfishly I wish it wasn't during DAH time so people would go ahead and move on out, but day guests have the right to normal entertainment too so I'm not going to complain.

I didn't actually arrive until around 10pm, so had to make my way through that traffic to get into the park.

My first ride was the PeopleMover to eat up some time and let folks leave the park. Worked great! :-)

One observation from our 6/30 DAH night.

I hadn't much paid attention to the fact that OUAT has been at 10pm for the summer dates so far. That means there's a castle show going on right when DAH starts. Granted OUAT is not a major draw, but it's still a draw and plenty of people stick around to watch.

Selfishly I wish it wasn't during DAH time so people would go ahead and move on out, but day guests have the right to normal entertainment too so I'm not going to complain.

I didn't actually arrive until around 10pm, so had to make my way through that traffic to get into the park.

My first ride was the PeopleMover to eat up some time and let folks leave the park. Worked great! :-)

Is OUAT at 10 pm even on nights when DAH begins at 9pm???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter