"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do rely on you and your note-taking abilities! :thanks:

I haven't *officially* purchased my tickets, but we'll be at POR, so not sure how that will factor into my bus ride situation...

Can I ask why being at POR would impact the bus situation? We are staying there so I'm curious.

Does that mean that if you have DAH but not park tickets you can get in at 4 with a dining reservation? Or do you have to have park tickets too?
If they don't let DAH people in at 4, then you would need a park ticket to make any reservation in the park. I think OP is saying they have a primary and backup reservation. If it turns out DAH won't be let in until 7 (waiting on reports from first date), then they will do Whispering Canyon.

Can I ask why being at POR would impact the bus situation? We are staying there so I'm curious.

I said I didn't know how it would impact it or whether it would or not, because I've never stayed there so I'm already unfamiliar with the bus system there, but I've heard the resort is spread out and there are multiple stops, so not sure if it would have a dedicated bus for the resort, or would be sharing with other nearby resorts since it's a low attendance event, or what. Just wondering what to expect. Sounds like a lot of the resorts share for this event which could take a while at the end of the night!

Does that mean that if you have DAH but not park tickets you can get in at 4 with a dining reservation? Or do you have to have park tickets too?
Reports from the 2017 DAH event say that people were getting in at 4pm. So you could make an ADR and hope they let people in at 4pm again in 2018 but officially they have advertised for both 2017 and 2018 that people can get in starting at 7pm. I know they say you must cancel an ADR at least 24 hours in advance or be charged $10 but at the same time I know I have called and they have waived it so for some it might be worth the risk.

I said I didn't know how it would impact it or whether it would or not, because I've never stayed there so I'm already unfamiliar with the bus system there, but I've heard the resort is spread out and there are multiple stops, so not sure if it would have a dedicated bus for the resort, or would be sharing with other nearby resorts since it's a low attendance event, or what. Just wondering what to expect. Sounds like a lot of the resorts share for this event which could take a while at the end of the night!

Yes, I know you said you didn't know. But I assumed you had the thought because there was some reason it might. I see what you're saying.

Reports from the 2017 DAH event say that people were getting in at 4pm. So you could make an ADR and hope they let people in at 4pm again in 2018 but officially they have advertised for both 2017 and 2018 that people can get in starting at 7pm. I know they say you must cancel an ADR at least 24 hours in advance or be charged $10 but at the same time I know I have called and they have waived it so for some it might be worth the risk.

Last year I was able to go into my reservation on the day of and change it to a later date, then cancel it with no penalty. I saw that I could change it so I tried, intending to go at a different time, but we didn't end up making that one either.

I just have two for back ups. If we are let in at 4 we will do crystal palace (or somewhere else in mk). If it’s not until 7 I still have my adr at whispering canyon. I’m just waiting until January people go before I cancel anything.

We’ve called before and said it didnt let us cancel on the app and they didn’t charge us. They just canceled it on the phone for us. I almost always cancel before 24 hours.

I just have two for back ups. If we are let in at 4 we will do crystal palace (or somewhere else in mk). If it’s not until 7 I still have my adr at whispering canyon. I’m just waiting until January people go before I cancel anything.

Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering if it was similar to getting in before park opening when you have a dining reservation.

Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering if it was similar to getting in before park opening when you have a dining reservation.
Nope just me being an over planner lol. I really want to eat at whispering canyon so I have some scheduled on other nights too. I know I shouldn’t but I just don’t know when they’ll let us in yet.

Wow - just booked a quick trip for my daughter and I to WDW and we are arriving around 11:00 a.m. on January 19th. We have three days left on some non-expiring tickets we bought YEARS ago and we'll be there for four day, so DAH is perfect. We can get to the resort, relax and then head over to MK for the event, especially if it starts earlier than 7:00 p.m.

I read through the list and didn't see a lot of information on what sort of food is included in the price. Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches (from carts, and not the great one from The Plaza?), popcorn, beverages like sodas and water? If anyone has some details, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Wow - just booked a quick trip for my daughter and I to WDW and we are arriving around 11:00 a.m. on January 19th. We have three days left on some non-expiring tickets we bought YEARS ago and we'll be there for four day, so DAH is perfect. We can get to the resort, relax and then head over to MK for the event, especially if it starts earlier than 7:00 p.m.

I read through the list and didn't see a lot of information on what sort of food is included in the price. Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches (from carts, and not the great one from The Plaza?), popcorn, beverages like sodas and water? If anyone has some details, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Nice!

I should probably add the food/beverage offerings to page 1. Honestly we were too busy riding rides, but to my memory it was basically any of the regular ice cream products normally at the carts (Mickey Bars, strawberry bars, whatever else they normally have), popcorn, and any bottle beverage that are normally available at any cart (water + sodas).

That’s really it, only the stuff at the carts. I do remember not that many carts being open, which was a bit frustrating. At one point we were really thirsty and didn’t pass an open cart for a big chunk of the park.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! You know the way Disney advertises their dining plan snacks is something like "a small bag of popcorn, a piece of fruit, etc." rather than telling about the wonderful stuff you can get with a snack credit, so I wasn't sure if this was the same sort of thing.

Nice!

I should probably add the food/beverage offerings to page 1. Honestly we were too busy riding rides, but to my memory it was basically any of the regular ice cream products normally at the carts (Mickey Bars, strawberry bars, whatever else they normally have), popcorn, and any bottle beverage that are normally available at any cart (water + sodas).

That’s really it, only the stuff at the carts. I do remember not that many carts being open, which was a bit frustrating. At one point we were really thirsty and didn’t pass an open cart for a big chunk of the park.

Hope that helps!
I’ve also read that the lines for food/drinks were really long? Is that true?

I don't think so. They were particular ones that were more busy than others but not too bad. Popcorn was not available at all of them and some ran out of waters/drinks but they would point you the next closest one....some ran out of napkins (not too good for mickey bars with young kids LOL) I'm hoping these little things will be addressed after the feedback they got :)

See you there.

Stop and say Hi to the woman with a colorful scooter. My husband added lights under it, so it will light up at night.

Nope just me being an over planner lol. I really want to eat at whispering canyon so I have some scheduled on other nights too. I know I shouldn’t but I just don’t know when they’ll let us in yet.

I do that too. I'm sure people get annoyed by that but some reservations are so hard to come by I book several of them until I can figure out which I'm going to do. I cancel them as soon as it becomes obvious I don't need it.

We just booked for 1/26. I'm so excited to do this event! We ended up cancelling the fireworks dessert party for the evening and are doing this instead; I can't wait!

I think you made a great decision! I have done the dessert party once and DAH twice. If I had to pick I would choose DAH in a heartbeat. I am now obsessively watching airfare...want to do a January trip just to do DAH again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter