Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

@SparkleMotion LA traffic is the other wild card. Since there will be more than 2 of you, make sure to use the car pool lane.

I do remember seeing a sign at the Disneyland Hotel last year advertising bib pick-up the morning of the half. You'd need your ID and signed waiver. I'm not sure how you'd get your shirts though.

@SparkleMotion LA traffic is the other wild card. Since there will be more than 2 of you, make sure to use the car pool lane.

I do remember seeing a sign at the Disneyland Hotel last year advertising bib pick-up the morning of the half. You'd need your ID and signed waiver. I'm not sure how you'd get your shirts though.

Right - I know that traffic could sink us, too. If we miss out on the shirts, no big deal, as long as we can run the race. :tinker:

Hi. This is my first DL race, but I've run quite a few races at WDW. They do ask you to arrive at the corrals pretty early and at least at WDW, we try to get there early. You may be able to push that back some, and I defer to the DL racing vets here on that, but you don't want to push it off too much. The races are big and crowded and you want to be sure you give yourself plenty of time to get where you need to be.

I do think that you can get to the corrals via that route (at least I'm hoping so) since we are also staying at the Residence Inn by the convention center. But, I'll listen to the vets on this one as well. :D

So, basically, I wasn't much help, but :wave2:

I can't answer your question - but we're also at the Residences Inn. I was assuming I'd walk over via Katella and turn up Disneyland Dr. So if you do find out that isn't possible - come share!

Has anyone else tried to sign up for runner tracker? I'm just not getting how and what to do. It been a long day but feeling really stupid here.

Never mind I somehow figured it out.

Last edited:
I can't answer your question - but we're also at the Residences Inn. I was assuming I'd walk over via Katella and turn up Disneyland Dr. So if you do find out that isn't possible - come share!

This is a great question. I'm not positive but I think they have all runners traffic directed thru downtown Disney for security purposes. I'm staying by the convention center too and it would be much easier for me to walk right over up Disneyland drive as well. Hopefully someone can confirm!

This map makes it seem like we just go to Disneyland Drive for the 10K and half. I was assuming we needed to go through Downtown Disney...something to ask about at the expo for sure.

:tinker: It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 2 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

2 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

Question of the Week: What is your favorite ride/show/attraction at the Disneyland Resort? What would you recommend as "can't-miss" attractions for a first-time visitor? If you're a first-timer, what are you most looking forward to in the parks?

-----------------------------------------------

My answer:

Disneyland Park: Favorites here are Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain (especially when it's Hyperspace Mountain), and Big Thunder (which I like way better than WDW's version). Pirates is also really good at Disneyland, way better than WDW's version IMO). I actually really like It's A Small World at Disneyland, too - the outside of the ride is really pretty and I love that they have Disney characters scattered around inside the ride, and that part of it is outside! The only show I have seen in this park is Mickey and the Magical Map, which was good - super random assortment of characters for this one, which I really liked! There are some rides that are at DLR and not WDW that I still need to try out (Alice in Wonderland comes to mind) so I'm going to make sure to check those off the list! And I need to watch the Tiki Room at least once, preferably with a Dole Whip!

California Adventure: Radiator Springs Racers is my #1 favorite ride at Disneyland (along with Hyperspace Mountain), and that's saying something since I couldn't make it through any of the Cars movies because I thought they were so bad. This ride is that good - I like it WAY more than Test Track! Also love Soarin'. My favorite area of DLR is in this park (Paradise Pier) and I am excited to see World of Color - I have seen the 60th (awesome, tears, chills, goosebumps) and Holiday (meh) versions, so I’m looking forward to seeing the "regular" version. Planning on trying to see the "Frozen" stage show as well if it's not too much of a pain.

Mostly I'm just looking forward to *being there.* DISNEEEEEEY :hyper:

And this isn't a ride/show/attraction, but I need to meet Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde if they are still meeting in California Adventure!

Can't-miss recommendations for first-timers: Hyperspace Mountain (I think it'll still be Hyperspace when we are there?), Pirates of the Caribbean, Radiator Springs Racers, World of Color :yay:

FAIRY FRIDAY! It feels like FriYAY!
I've only gone to DL/DCA once and it was ~2005.

Disneyland: I want to do all the dark rides that aren't at WDW. Alice (was my #1 fave last time), Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, their Pooh version, etc. Sad that I'll miss Indy. But HAVE to ride Pirates since it was closed last time. Tiki Room with Dole Whip is a must! Oh and the submarines which I haven't been on! And Small World because of history.

DCA: Radiator Springs Racers is my #1. I'd love to do Soaring and the Little mermaid ride and Monsters Inc (can you tell I like dark rides more than thrill rides.) The Animation building was so cool and since my sis is an artist I will take her there!

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of things in my excitement.

Wish I was running this race! Especially since my mom and I are down there May 8-11! Wont be racing till September(5k/10k)

Top picks are:

DL:
Indy (unfortunatley under maintance)
Hyperspace Mountain
Pirates (Hopefully Johnny will come back!!)

DCA:
RSR
ITS TOUGH TO BE A BUG (so underrated. Im obsessed with it)
and well TOT (trying not to cry)
I also love going into animation academy and going into Beasts Library

Super excited that I will be going to blue bayou on the 9th and SUPER SUPER EXCITED about getting into CLUB 33 on the 10th!!!

Oh I forgot that silly dancing Luigi's tire ride...I don't know why but that looks so cute and fun. I'm just going to turn into a giant kid for sure as soon as I get there.

As posted in the Galloway thread here are the pacers for Tink

Galloway pacers will be at the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. Look for us leading the following groups:

1:45 (8:00/mile)
4:00/0:30 ratio
Kris

2:00 (9:09/mile)
2:00/0:30 ratio
Scott and Jeff

2:15 (10:18/mile)
1:30/0:30 ratio
Mindy and Jesus

2:30 (11:26/mile)
1:00/0:30 ratio
Group 1 = Kelley and Liz
Group 2 = Sheena and Jennifer

2:45 (12:35/mile)
0:30/0:30 ratio
Jen and Lailah

3:00 (13:43/mile)
0:30/0:30 ratio
Laura and Debbie

3:15 (14:53/mile)
0:15/0:30 ratio
Vicki Sue and Kimberly

3:30 (16:00/mile)
0:15/0:30 ratio
Dan and Lisa

Last edited:
As posted in the Galloway thread here are the pacers for Tink

This may be a dumb question, and possibly better suited for the Galloway thread. But how fast do you generally have to run above the averaged out pace in order to offset the walking.

For instance, if I'm running at a 10:18 avg clip. And I see a pacer for 2:15 group (which is 10:18 avg.) how fast will that group be running when they are running? (just so I know not to totally freak out if I get near them and am not "keeping up" etc)
Hypothetical since who knows if I'll even be near a group or not with my pic stops, corral, etc

This may be a dumb question, and possibly better suited for the Galloway thread. But how fast do you generally have to run above the averaged out pace in order to offset the walking.

For instance, if I'm running at a 10:18 avg clip. And I see a pacer for 2:15 group (which is 10:18 avg.) how fast will that group be running when they are running? (just so I know not to totally freak out if I get near them and am not "keeping up" etc)
Hypothetical since who knows if I'll even be near a group or not with my pic stops, corral, etc
That's probably better suited for the other thread.

I've only been to DL once before. Five years ago. We were there just before Cars Land opened, so that is a priority. The Matterhorn was also down when we were there, so that's on the list too. I have only done the regular Space, not Hyperspace, so I am looking forward to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter