Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Anybody know anything about this? (From the event guide.) Between Tink and Light Side in January, I've been contemplating an AP. It's not really a deal on costs, but might be worth it for Photopass or these types of things.

"Disneyland® Annual Passholders are invited to stop by the Family Reunion Area AP Tent during any of the races to socialize and participate in a unique photo opportunity. Passholders participating in the runDisney Kids Races, Never Land 5K, Tinker Bell 10K or Tinker Bell Half Marathon will receive an amenity on behalf of the AP Team. Limit one amenity per Passholder race participant, while supplies last."

Missed the cut-off for B by 30 seconds!! I'm a bit bummed because I was hoping to run with the 2:20 pacer to try to stay on track. Anyone else in C?

I'm afraid the 2:45 pacer may not be anywhere near me in corral D. I think I may have to try my own intervals or find others who are in corral D that want to go for the sub 2:45.

I'm excited for all of you speedsters in B. (And a bit jealous - you're so fast!) :)

Anybody know anything about this? (From the event guide.) Between Tink and Light Side in January, I've been contemplating an AP. It's not really a deal on costs, but might be worth it for Photopass or these types of things.

"Disneyland® Annual Passholders are invited to stop by the Family Reunion Area AP Tent during any of the races to socialize and participate in a unique photo opportunity. Passholders participating in the runDisney Kids Races, Never Land 5K, Tinker Bell 10K or Tinker Bell Half Marathon will receive an amenity on behalf of the AP Team. Limit one amenity per Passholder race participant, while supplies last."

For the Avengers and Star Wars runs there was a tent off to the side. For Avengers the amenities were three half-size Coke cans with Avengers designs on them, and for Star Wars the amenity was a Run Disney AP string backpack. I don't remember a "unique photo opportunity" other than a logo backdrop over in the corner (no characters or anything).

Oooh also CONFIRMATION that Half runners who did Princess will get BOTH coast-to-coast medals! On page 4:

"Congratulations to all of you who will have completed both the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February at the Walt Disney World® Resort as well as the Tinker Bell Half Marathon here at the Disneyland® Resort. You will receive the much-coveted pink edition of the runDisney Coast to Coast Challenge medal. You will also be eligible for the commemorative 10-year anniversary of the blue Coast to Coast Challenge medal."

This is what I meant to do with last post....does this really mean we will get both medals? Or does it mean if we come back for another dl race, you get both??

Yes, pink and blue, which is what they did last year. People at Dark Side expo are also confirming that those doing the Kessel Run (both SW races) are also getting Coast to Coast bands.

Corral D. Missed C by less than 10 bibs. Lame!!

Another Corral D here! I was hoping for corral C according to my POT, but I only had a 10K for proof so that may be why they put me one back. Still, it looks like the largest corrals are behind us so hopefully course crowding won't be as bad. That's a bummer that you were so close to C!

I'm afraid the 2:45 pacer may not be anywhere near me in corral D. I think I may have to try my own intervals or find others who are in corral D that want to go for the sub 2:45.

I'm excited for all of you speedsters in B. (And a bit jealous - you're so fast!) :)

I have this premonition that you will break 2:45....my spidey sense is telling me that you've got this!!! If you feel extra pixie dust falling on you at Mile 12...that'll be us rooting for you :)

To me it means both the pink and the blue. :)

If I see any of you guys post-race with those medals...I apologize in advance if I drool all over them. That's a bucket list thing right there for me!

Fellow poster @AngiTN confirmed that there was no NB virtual queue at darkside and it was first come first serve this weekend. So I wonder if it will be same for Tink?
How busy was the NB booth in Tink years past? (I'd be going Friday afternoon)

3 weeks from today my 7 yr old will have done his first disney 5K -- officially graduating from the kid races!!!
hoping these next 18 days FLY by.......

Fellow poster @AngiTN confirmed that there was no NB virtual queue at darkside and it was first come first serve this weekend. So I wonder if it will be same for Tink?
How busy was the NB booth in Tink years past? (I'd be going Friday afternoon)
I don't remember it being super busy last year but I could be wrong...I did have an "appointment" so maybe it just seemed not as busy to me. :confused3

Speaking of buying things...

:tinker: It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 3 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

3 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

Question of the Week: Are you planning on buying any merchandise for the race(s), or any Disneyland Resort merchandise? What is on your must-buy list? I realize this is sort of hard to answer since we likely won’t be seeing a merchandise preview until, like, May 10/11...but hey, why not talk about it anyway??

And in case you missed yesterday's *info dump,* you can find all of the links here!

----------------------------------------------------

My answer:

I'm not sure about DLR merchandise - whatever strikes my fancy, I guess! I usually get a Christmas ornament on each Disney trip, so if I see something I like, I'll grab it. I love the retro-y feel of DLR merchandise so I could see myself picking up a nice hoodie or something, too. I think I may start collecting the tiki mugs from Trader Sam's...that would be fun!

For the races, I'm planning on getting "I Did It" shirts and Sweaty Bands for the half and challenge...I have so many frigging t-shirts, though, that I may just stick to the Sweaty Bands (which...I also have so many friggin Sweaty Bands...hmmmm) - so I'm a little up in the air on that stuff. I may possibly get a wine glass (new runDisney thing I have been purchasing this year). I pre-ordered the race pins, and I'll also be getting 2 PDC medal pins for my Coast-to-Coast medals. One thing that they don't make, and I really wish they would, is a pink Coast-to-Coast shirt. Or really any pink Coast-to-Coast merchandise. They have blue stuff, why not pink?? And lastly, as discussed above, I may bite the bullet and grab a pair of the Space Mountain New Balance shoes!

I'm also planning on visiting a couple of places off-site that are headquartered in Santa Ana (INKnBURN and Harveys) so if I buy stuff at either of those places, that'll affect what I do/do not buy in the parks/expo. :scratchin

Overall I need to adjust my shopping mindset, though, because I have a WDW AP that was getting me 20% off in Florida, and for all of my other DL trips up until this one, I had a Premier AP, which got me 20% off at Disneyland. This time, no discounts (unless I get any for having a Disney Visa - which I know I will on the race merchandise, at least)! Wahhhh! :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!