Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Happy Fairy Friday! We have reservations (along with CaliforniaGirl09 and her family) for a post-race Mother's Day brunch at Catal in Downtown Disney. They aren't on the ADR system, so I made a reservation on OpenTable weeks ago. My family did this after last year's Tink, and they do a really nice Mother's Day brunch. For ADRs, I want to do the Blue Bayou dining package for the Main Street Electrical Parade for my family on Fri. night. Not sure if this is going to open up at 60 days because it will depend on whether the show schedules have also been released. We are possibly going to do the Princess lunch at Ariel's on Saturday with CaliforniaGirl09 and family, so will need an ADR for that. And we plan to do our pre-race dinner at Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney, so that is on the ADR list as well. Other than that, our plans are all taken care of, including flights, hotel ressies and park tix. I'm also waiting for my costume to arrive.....

Oh!! This post reminded me I was thinking about a brunch at Catal. Too many options and not enough meals.

@Ariel484 - it's the critter breakfast character dining option at storytellers. Best selection of food and it's super fresh. We've never had a bad experience there!!

(Goofys kitchen made me want to barf. Steakhouse 55 will change their menu. So best option by far!)

Oh no! Really? Hrm. Maybe I should consider Storyteller's instead of Goofy's then since I haven't done that one either. I'm partial to Plaza Inn since they have the most character interaction so I usually default there, but I keep telling myself I need to try the other options.

We really like the breakfast character buffet at the PCH Grill. Fun theme and good food. (At least the last time we were there)

@Kender - the food is just really tired at Goofys and it is super busy. I think the food quality has been consistently better at story tellers. I love the character interaction too!

Or maybe I should send you all to
Goofys so I don't miss my reservation opportunity. Yeah. Uh, stuff. ;)

Yeah! 9 Fridays! :love: My sis and I are going Tuesday-Sunday, so mainly park stuff before the 10k. Tomorrow I'll be booking the WOC dessert party for Wednesday the 10th. As the days roll through I'm also booking the afternoon tea at the dl hotel for Saturday afternoon of the 10k. Lastly I'll be booking a lunch at Blue Bayou. I've done enough scoping out on the disneyland section that if you want a water table easier to book the first lunch seating at 11:30.
After looking at most of the menus online this week, I've decided that we have to add days just to sample all the yummy counter and table service places! :tongue:

Yay! Can't believe we're only 9 weeks away. ADR plans: Saturday lunch at Blue Bayou to celebrate doing the 10k with coworkers. For Sunday dinner I think I'm going to try Wine Country Trattoria since I've never been and the menu looks pretty good... and a glass or 2 of sangria sounds amazing.

I'm going to google this as well, but in case anyone knows...
What time of day do DL ADRs go live? I'm not too concerned about things selling out, but my overplanner brain is curious. I wake up at 5:30am central so not sure if they'd be live yet.

I'm not sure what time they are live, but as being in central time zone too, and an early riser, I've had no trouble logging on and having the day I need available. And I've also been stalking the ressie dates and times too and it is so much more relaxed at dl! Dates and times are still available after the fact, something this wdw planner finds refreshingly surprising! Its been so nice to have this planning be so relaxed!

I'm not sure what time they are live, but as being in central time zone too, and an early riser, I've had no trouble logging on and having the day I need available. And I've also been stalking the ressie dates and times too and it is so much more relaxed at dl! Dates and times are still available after the fact, something this wdw planner finds refreshingly surprising! Its been so nice to have this planning be so relaxed!

I so agree! I woke up and forgot until you posted to do my ressie until just now and a million times were available. Phew :)

I made my first one today - totally forgot until I opened this thread. I actually didn't get the exact time I wanted, which was surprising but not a huge deal (made it for one hour later). :confused3

This may sound silly but I made a dinner ADR at the Wine Country for 6:30pm because that will feel pretty late for us coming from midwest-land. But Sis & I already are eyeballing the Cozy Cones for earlier mega-snacking during our normal dinnertime. And we may just end up eating cheese & dessert and drinking drinks and sitting for our "dinner." That's not so crazy right? I may drop it but I'm holding onto it for now.

I will likely get up too early for Blue Bayou in anticipation, but looking at today there's still so many ressies for that place. It's just nothing like trying for BOG in Florida that sells out before your day even opens up. I'm REALLY liking this more laid back thing. It's almost like "too many choices" of times though. But I won't complain.

PS My sister said she came on and read this thread for two hours yesterday and that's awesome. Especially since she is not running, but is the most supportive person in the world. So if a 5' lil ball of energy with cool colored hair named Colleen (aka "Bean") says hello to you that's probably her :) @AuntieBean

Got a reservation at Steakhouse 55 for breakfast after the 5K...even knowing @courtneybeth had a shortened menu, which made me sad, I had to live dangerously and try it. ;)

@roxymama Cheese and dessert would be perfectly acceptable, really. And I personally *love* the cone food, so good choice.

Was at the resort yesterday morning to check out the construction and suddenly this race seems much closer than it was. Hee!

I got Blue Bayou for lunch on the 11th instead of dinner. Decided I thought that might work better for us. Got dinner at Steakhouse 55 for dinner on the 12th. I had totally forgotten to start doing this yesterday, so very pleasantly surprised to see lots of options still available for reservations!

Naples for us Friday after 5k. It's one of the Mouseketeer's favorites places. Honestly, rainforest was the other one...but I pulled rank, I always end up with a headache at that place. Since it's Mother's Day weekend.....well it's all about me....:rolleyes1

I'm not sure this fits into our touring plans but I thought I'd share here. Found it while snooping about the official dining website. I think this is at the DL hotel.

2017 Mother's Day Classic Tea
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in May, surprise mom with an elegant tea that’s brimming with all the trimmings.

The 2017 Mother’s Day Classic Tea is held from 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM on:

• May 5, 6 and 7
  • May 12, 13 and 14
  • May 19, 20 and 21
A Tasteful Table
Begin your repast with assorted fresh-baked scones and tea sandwiches with toppings like apricot chicken salad, cucumber and smoked salmon mousse, accompanied by a selection of hot or cold teas.

Young Guests will enjoy fun-shaped sandwiches in kid-friendly flavors like peanut butter and banana, ham and cheese—even s’mores. And befitting a proper tea, the sweet finale entails decorated strawberries, fruit tarts and lemon bars.

Complimentary self-parking is available with validation at the Disneyland Hotel. Menu subject to change without notice.

Make a Reservation
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made online or by calling (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463 daily from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

All reservations require a credit card guarantee. If you wish to cancel your reservation, please do so at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $10 per-person charge. This charge will also apply to “no shows.”

Got our ADR for the Blue Bayou MSEP dining package for Fri. night. Tons of times were available when I went on at around 8:45 MT this morning. I was expecting not to be able to reserve due to show schedules possibly not being out, so was very pleasantly surprised that it was available for booking. CaliforniaGirl09 also made a ressie for me to join her family for breakfast at Steakhouse55 Fri. morning (my family isn't arriving at DL until later on Fri). I'm excited to try it, even if the menu might be different for race weekend.

I got Blue Bayou for lunch on the 11th instead of dinner. Decided I thought that might work better for us. Got dinner at Steakhouse 55 for dinner on the 12th. I had totally forgotten to start doing this yesterday, so very pleasantly surprised to see lots of options still available for reservations!

Did you happen to get an 11:30 BB lunch reservation? If so, we'll be there too! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter